inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: A Whiter Shade of Pale for Keith Reid

Written By: LyricBoy on 03/29/23 at 5:26 am

Legendary alternative rock lyricist Keith Reid, who wrote all the lyrics for 60s-70s niche group Procol Harum, has passed away at the age of 76.  :\'(

https://slippedisc.com/2023/03/whiter-shade-of-pale-procol-harum-lyricist-has-died/

A Whiter Shade of Pale was probably their biggest hit, but my favorite was Conquistador, the tale of a proud but vanquished warrior, which the Harum performed live with the Edmonton Symphony Orchestra.  8)

6_RnrTGuzz0

Subject: Re: A Whiter Shade of Pale for Keith Reid

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/29/23 at 5:38 am

I heard "A Whiter Shade of Pale " yesterday and was this is still a great song.

So sad.

:\'( :\'( :\'(

Written By: AmericanGirl on 03/30/23 at 9:37 am

Legendary alternative rock lyricist Keith Reid, who wrote all the lyrics for 60s-70s niche group Procol Harum, has passed away at the age of 76.  :\'(

https://slippedisc.com/2023/03/whiter-shade-of-pale-procol-harum-lyricist-has-died/

A Whiter Shade of Pale was probably their biggest hit, but my favorite was Conquistador, the tale of a proud but vanquished warrior, which the Harum performed live with the Edmonton Symphony Orchestra.  8)

6_RnrTGuzz0

Love Conquistador - sad to hear this  :\'(  :\'(  :\'(

R.I.P. Keith Reid

Written By: CatwomanofV on 03/30/23 at 1:17 pm

I have to say that the lyrics to Whiter Shade of Pale are...um...weird. I think he might have been on an acid trip when he wrote them-but it is a good song.

I also love Conquistador.

Cat

Written By: ChrisBodilyTM on 03/31/23 at 1:54 am

I have to say that the lyrics to Whiter Shade of Pale are...um...weird. I think he might have been on an acid trip when he wrote them-but it is a good song.

I also love Conquistador.

Cat

That's actually only half the song. There are two extra verses that were cut from the album. One or both are sometimes performed live.

Check for new replies or respond here...