inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Michael Lerner: Elf and Barton Fink actor dies at 81

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/10/23 at 11:41 am

US actor Michael Lerner, who appeared in such films as Godzilla and Elf, and who earned an Oscar nomination for his role in Barton Fink, has died aged 81.

His nephew Sam Lerner announced the actor's death in an Instagram message on Sunday.

"We lost a legend last night. It's hard to put into words how brilliant my uncle Michael was, and how influential he was to me," he said.

No further details of Lerner's death have been given.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-65232311

Subject: Re: Michael Lerner: Elf and Barton Fink actor dies at 81

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 04/10/23 at 11:52 am

Not to be confused with actress Michael Learned from "The Waltons" who is still alive and celebrated her 84th birthday yesterday.

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/10/23 at 12:02 pm

Not to be confused with actress Michael Learned from "The Waltons" who is still alive and celebrated her 84th birthday yesterday.
... and whose 84th birthday it was yesterday.

Written By: whistledog on 04/20/23 at 6:35 am

I saw a bunch of tributes on twitter where people were mourning her loss.  I quickly corrected those people but at the same time, almost had to do a double take o make sure it wasn't her that passed away

Michael Lerner was one of those actors who always played slimy, deceptive people who you loved to hate.  His nephew Sam plays Geoff Schwartz on The Goldbergs

Check for new replies or respond here...