inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Chuck Morris Puts Down His Sticks

Written By: LyricBoy on 04/11/23 at 4:58 am

Celebrated drummer Chuck Morris if the Indiana-based electronic gam band Lotus has been found deceased, after a several-week search in Arkansas. Both Chuck and his son Charley perished in some sort of kayaking incident.  :-\\

https://ew.com/music/lotus-chuck-morris-son-found-dead-after-disappearance/

Formed in the late ’90s, Lotus was a favorite on the North American jam and electronic circuits, playing clubs shows and festivals including Camp Bisco, Gem & Jam and Okeechobee, along with major venues including Colorado’s Red Rocks Amphitheatre and Terminal 5 in New York City.

Subject: Re: Chuck Morris Puts Down His Sticks

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 04/11/23 at 8:55 am

I must say I never heard of this band, nor said festivals they played at.

Written By: LyricBoy on 04/11/23 at 10:35 am

I must say I never heard of this band, nor said festivals they played at.

Well they are 90s and later.

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 04/11/23 at 10:41 am

Well they are 90s and later.

Yes that could be it. Everything is in silos now. No monoculture.

Written By: Howard on 04/11/23 at 3:12 pm

Celebrated drummer Chuck Morris if the Indiana-based electronic gam band Lotus has been found deceased, after a several-week search in Arkansas. Both Chuck and his son Charley perished in some sort of kayaking incident.  :-\\

https://ew.com/music/lotus-chuck-morris-son-found-dead-after-disappearance/

Formed in the late ’90s, Lotus was a favorite on the North American jam and electronic circuits, playing clubs shows and festivals including Camp Bisco, Gem & Jam and Okeechobee, along with major venues including Colorado’s Red Rocks Amphitheatre and Terminal 5 in New York City.

For a second there, I thought the title said "Chuck Norris".

Written By: nally on 04/11/23 at 7:45 pm

For a second there, I thought the title said "Chuck Norris".

Yes, the names are oh so close. But I haven’t heard of this guy or his band Lotus either.

Written By: LyricBoy on 04/11/23 at 8:03 pm

Yes, the names are oh so close. But I haven’t heard of this guy or his band Lotus either.

They’re huge in Indiana. Of course I was once a Hoosier so I guess I’m partial to them.

Written By: nally on 04/11/23 at 10:20 pm

They’re huge in Indiana. Of course I was once a Hoosier so I guess I’m partial to them.

That would make sense. O0 Likewise, I’m sure there are a number of certain music acts that are locally popular in certain regions.

Check for new replies or respond here...