inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Andy Rourke: The Smiths bassist dies aged 59

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/20/23 at 3:50 am

Andy Rourke, the bassist for rock band The Smiths, has died aged 59, the band has announced.

Guitarist Johnny Marr confirmed "with deep sadness" that Rourke died after a lengthy illness with pancreatic cancer.

In a statement posted on Twitter, Marr said: "Andy will be remembered as a kind and beautiful soul by those who knew him, and as a supremely gifted musician by music fans".

Morrissey said Rourke "will never die as long as his music is heard".

Rourke played on The Smiths' most famous songs, including This Charming Man and There Is a Light That Never Goes Out, as well as featuring on solo singles for singer Morrissey after the group broke up in 1987.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-65644596

Subject: Re: Andy Rourke: The Smiths bassist dies aged 59

Written By: AmericanGirl on 05/20/23 at 2:50 pm

I don't know them extremely well, but I love How Soon Is Now.  Sad to hear this  :\'(  :\'(  :\'(

R.I.P. Andy Rourke

Written By: nally on 05/20/23 at 3:04 pm

I know several of their songs, including "How Soon Is Now", "Bigmouth Strikes Again", "Ask", and "There Is A Light That Never Goes Out".

R.I.P. to Andy :\'(

Written By: Howard on 05/20/23 at 3:21 pm

I don't know them extremely well, but I love How Soon Is Now.  Sad to hear this  :\'(  :\'(  :\'(

R.I.P. Andy Rourke

That's the only song I know.  :\'(

Check for new replies or respond here...