inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Another birthday... I'm old now(help!)

Written By: Satish on 12/31/04 at 12:36 am

I'm sure most people hate birthdays.... they're a sign you're getting old. Well, I just had one yesterday, and I'm sorry to say it's the one that officially marks my entry into old age. I am now (shriek!)... (horrors!)...  25

Yup, 25... the big two-five; I guess it's all downhill from here. It won't be long before my teeth start falling out. My hair's gonna all fall out too, probably. I think I've got a few grey hairs now, actually. Do I have wrinkles under my eyes? Oh, this is all so depressing.  :(

Do you realize I am now the same age as Madonna was when she released her first album? How frightening is that?

How much have I accomplished in my life? Alexander the Great had conquered the whole Persian empire when he was as old as I am now.

This really is depressing, indeed. And I'm going to stop talking about it before I depress myself even more.

Subject: Re: Another birthday... I'm old now(help!)

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/31/04 at 3:05 am

Happy Birthday Satish.

Do worry about age, I (admittedly) slightly older and seen several birthdays, I have notice you naturally you cannot stop age and you just have to accept it.

Written By: NbC on 12/31/04 at 3:57 am

Happy Birthday!

If only I were 25 again.  I can't imagine how depressed you will be when you reach the ripe old age of 30.  I was devastated for a year when I reached that age.  You shouldn't compare yourself to Alexander the Great.  Since in those days you were dead before the age of 40.  ;)

Written By: Dagwood on 12/31/04 at 10:11 am

25?  Old?  Not even...trust me the best is yet to come. :)

Happy birthday!

Written By: Bobby on 12/31/04 at 10:15 am

25?  Old?  Not even...trust me the best is yet to come. :)

That's comforting to know.  ;D

Happy birthday, Satish. You sound like I was feeling when I hit 25 (last year). I'm sure you will get over it.  ;)

Written By: nally on 12/31/04 at 1:04 pm

Don't feel bad, Satish. I will be 25 on my next birthday, which is in July. Happy birthday! ;)

Written By: Mergal on 12/31/04 at 4:29 pm

You're a KID! To be 25 again; it will be the ugly two nine for me in a few weeks.

Written By: Allie Fox on 12/31/04 at 4:53 pm

Happy Birthday and congrats on reaching a quarter century.  ;)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 12/31/04 at 4:54 pm

I'm sure most people hate birthdays.... they're a sign you're getting old. Well, I just had one yesterday, and I'm sorry to say it's the one that officially marks my entry into old age. I am now (shriek!)... (horrors!)...  25

Yup, 25... the big two-five; I guess it's all downhill from here. It won't be long before my teeth start falling out. My hair's gonna all fall out too, probably. I think I've got a few grey hairs now, actually. Do I have wrinkles under my eyes? Oh, this is all so depressing.  :(

Do you realize I am now the same age as Madonna was when she released her first album? How frightening is that?

How much have I accomplished in my life? Alexander the Great had conquered the whole Persian empire when he was as old as I am now.

This really is depressing, indeed. And I'm going to stop talking about it before I depress myself even more.

I will turn 45 in February! I've been married (18 years), had 6 boys....one was murdered in 2001 at age 17....divorced (Feb) and am a very kind but lonely guy. I would LOVE to be 25 again...you have a LOT of life ahead of you! Try and enjoy every moment because you can never go back :-\\

Written By: gemini61 on 12/31/04 at 5:00 pm

I'm 43 and have a daughter a couple of years younger than you, so you're really making me feel ancient!  I promise that your teeth won't fall out or your hair (if you're lucky)!  Just go with the flow, it's all what you make it!! Happy Birthday!

Written By: Howard on 01/02/05 at 9:09 pm

I'll be 31 years old in March.ick,gag,vomit :P

Howard

Written By: Bobby on 01/02/05 at 9:19 pm

I'll be 31 years old in March.ick,gag,vomit :P

Howard. You are in your prime.  :)

Written By: Howard on 01/02/05 at 9:31 pm

Howard. You are in your prime.  :)

yeah,you're right about that. ;D

Howard

Written By: fragswife on 01/03/05 at 12:05 am

It gets better and better from 25.  Trust me  ;)  There are many fun things in life that need experience to be truly enjoyed.

Written By: Bobby on 01/03/05 at 2:55 pm

It gets better and better from 25.  Trust me  ;)   There are many fun things in life that need experience to be truly enjoyed.

Oh I see . . .  ;D

Written By: Howard on 01/03/05 at 6:58 pm

It just seems like I feel old.In a way,I feel younger. :)

Howard

Written By: Satish on 01/15/05 at 6:30 pm

One of the things that makes me feel old is being able to recognize the original songs that samples in other songs have been taken from. Like that new Angel City song sampling Robert Miles' Children(A complete insult to the original, by the way;  :P not that the new song is bad, just that the original is such a classic).

Check for new replies or respond here...