inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Happy Birthday Maxwell Smart !

Written By: Green Lantern on 04/24/08 at 10:24 pm

http://img90.imageshack.us/img90/5601/max2fl5.jpg
Happy Birthday Maxwell Smart !

Smart by nature, and smart by name !  ;D  8)

:)

Subject: Re: Happy Birthday Maxwell Smart !

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 04/24/08 at 10:27 pm

Happy birthday, Max!

(Give some love to Agent 99 for me, willya?  ;))

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 04/24/08 at 10:28 pm

Happy Birthday Max! :)

Written By: Jessica on 04/24/08 at 10:39 pm

Happy birthday, fellow Depeche Mode fan. :)

Written By: whistledog on 04/24/08 at 10:41 pm

Happy Birthday to you Max :)

Written By: Brian06 on 04/24/08 at 10:42 pm

Happy Birthday Max!

Written By: wildcard on 04/24/08 at 10:44 pm

Happy Birthday

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 04/24/08 at 11:38 pm

Almost made a duplicate thread - missed it by *that* much!

Happy Birthday, you shoe phone freak you.  ;D

Written By: Dagwood on 04/25/08 at 12:12 am

Happy birthday, Max! :)

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 04/25/08 at 12:27 am

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c235/badfingermike/shoe-phone.jpg    Hello....Max?

You're 39 years old!!      http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/14/occasion13.gif  I hope the day is a special one

Written By: HawkTheSlayer on 04/25/08 at 12:40 am

Maxwell-

KAOS has taken a break for the day- Stop-
Agent 99 is in the Hotel Libido- Stop-
Join her there as soon as possible- Stop-

She has a birthday present for you- Stop-
Lucky boy, you- Stop-

Happy Birthday- Stop-

The Chief

Written By: Davester on 04/25/08 at 4:46 am

Happy Birthday, Max..!

Written By: gibbo on 04/25/08 at 5:51 am

Cheers to you Maxwell ...Have a great day.  :)

Written By: ninny on 04/25/08 at 6:27 am

Happy Birthday...Here's the cone of silence for a present
http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee153/YouCantWootThis/Maxwell_Smart_in_a_cone_of_silence.jpg

Written By: Howard on 04/25/08 at 6:29 am

Happy Birthday.

Written By: ladybug316 on 04/25/08 at 8:15 am

Warm wishes for a wonderful day.  http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/07/partytime.gif http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/07/party.gif

Written By: Midas on 04/25/08 at 10:09 am

Happy Birthday!  Look forward to your movie this summer!  :D

Written By: snozberries on 04/25/08 at 3:36 pm

Wow two birthday threads... you're quite the popular fellow....

Happy Birthday again... I posted a pic in the other thread.

Written By: danootaandme on 04/25/08 at 4:08 pm

Can't miss this one.  Happy B-day Max and many more

http://mcdevittj.files.wordpress.com/2007/10/birthday.jpg

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 04/25/08 at 4:16 pm

Happy Birthday buddy!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=glNjsOHiBYs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykxfwjm8nAE

Written By: 80sTrivMeister on 04/25/08 at 4:23 pm

Hope You Are Having a Great Birthday!!! :)

Written By: Green Lantern on 04/25/08 at 5:48 pm

Wow two birthday threads... you're quite the popular fellow....

Happy Birthday again... I posted a pic in the other thread.

Contrary to claims made in that OTHER thread ... and I have just informed thread starter ... THIS thread ...had already been about .... a mere TEN hours (approx) ... before the OTHER same titled (sans exclamation) thread was created .

::)

Written By: nally on 04/25/08 at 6:30 pm

Happy birthday Max!!! http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/15/wav.gif http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/15/wav.gif

Written By: coqueta83 on 04/25/08 at 7:45 pm

Happy Birthday!!!  :) :D :)

Written By: snozberries on 04/25/08 at 8:39 pm

Contrary to claims made in that OTHER thread ... and I have just informed thread starter ... THIS thread ...had already been about .... a mere TEN hours (approx) ... before the OTHER same titled (sans exclamation) thread was created .

::)

shoot whatever... I want three threads for my next birthday okay

Written By: Green Lantern on 04/25/08 at 8:45 pm

shoot whatever... I want three threads for my next birthday okay

Hey ... I just don't like to be mis-represented. I see others have chosen to boycott THIS one / post there .. even after I pointed that out.  ::) That's THEIR choice  8) ... it's a free world .... well maybe not. They say the best things in life are free .... now I wonder what 'they' might have in mind ?  ???

;D

Written By: snozberries on 04/25/08 at 8:54 pm

Hey ... I just don't like to be mis-represented. I see others have chosen to boycott THIS one / post there .. even after I pointed that out.  ::) That's THEIR choice  8) ... it's a free world .... well maybe not. They say the best things in life are free .... now I wonder what 'they' might have in mind ?  ???

;D

I think they just posted there because if you go to the front page for new topics its at the top of list so its the first one you see... at least it was the first one I saw.

Written By: Green Lantern on 04/25/08 at 9:01 pm

I think they just posted there because if you go to the front page for new topics its at the top of list so its the first one you see... at least it was the first one I saw.

Hmm. I've just taken a look at that frontpage.  I see that the most recently started topics appear at the top of the listing ... which is why this thread appears near the foot of that listing.

However .. that certainly doesn't let those 'off the hook' (if they were ever on it) .. who've posted in the other thread ...  I just can't believe they don't read the comments of those that have preceded ...  ::)

Anyway, as I said .. THEIR choice.  :P    ;D

Written By: Jessica on 04/25/08 at 9:10 pm

Hmm. I've just taken a look at that frontpage.  I see that the most recently started topics appear at the top of the listing ... which is why this thread appears near the foot of that listing.

However .. that certainly doesn't let those 'off the hook' (if they were ever on it) .. who've posted in the other thread ...  I just can't believe they don't read the comments of those that have preceded ...  ::)

Anyway, as I said .. THEIR choice.   :P    ;D

Does it really matter that much?

Written By: Green Lantern on 04/25/08 at 9:16 pm

Does it really matter that much?

Sounds like you're talking to ME ? Well it SHOULDn't matter that much .... but when somebody gets their facts wrong ... and implies that you're a jerk .... for starting another thread after the event .....  ::)

She's made a mistake ... and .. hey ... we're all human ... BUT ...

I suspect, unlike me ... she has her preferences to show only 15 or 25 topics per page ? So ... maybe this thread had gone to another page ?  There might be a case here ( a learning experience)  ... for her to alter it to 100 ! Works for me !  8)

Written By: Jessica on 04/25/08 at 9:23 pm

Sounds like you're talking to ME ? Well it SHOULDn't matter that much .... but when somebody gets their facts wrong ... and implies that you're a jerk .... for starting another thread after the event .....   ::)

She's made a mistake ... and .. hey ... we're all human ... BUT ...

I suspect, unlike me ... she has her preferences to show only 15 or 25 topics per page ? So ... maybe this thread had gone to another page ?  There might be a case here ( a learning experience)  ... for her to alter it to 100 ! Works for me !  8)

Yes, I was talking to you. That's why I quoted you. Don't be shocked.

When I was up last night, your thread was at the top of the page, which is why I posted in it. When I checked it right before I went to bed, it was pretty far down, and I have my thing set to 100. So no doubt it was even further down this morning and karen didn't see it. Ergo, the misunderstanding.

As for treating you like a jerk, I don't see it. She was probably making a joke, and knowing karen, she rarely, if ever, uses smilies. It has been pointed out before that what you really mean doesn't always translate to text very well, and I think that applies in this situation.

However, I suggest that you ask karen her intent before you turn this into a big hoopla.

Written By: Green Lantern on 04/25/08 at 9:36 pm

Yes, I was talking to you. That's why I quoted you. Don't be shocked.

When I was up last night, your thread was at the top of the page, which is why I posted in it. When I checked it right before I went to bed, it was pretty far down, and I have my thing set to 100. So no doubt it was even further down this morning and karen didn't see it. Ergo, the misunderstanding.

As for treating you like a jerk, I don't see it. She was probably making a joke, and knowing karen, she rarely, if ever, uses smilies. It has been pointed out before that what you really mean doesn't always translate to text very well, and I think that applies in this situation.

However, I suggest that you ask karen her intent before you turn this into a big hoopla.

Let's not forget ... it was not ME that started the second thread ..... that apparently forgot how to tell the time ... that did not check the Frontpage .... before starting a duplicate topic. Yes  ... there's the OTHER learning experience .... check the Frontpage FIRST before starting new threads .... cos / just in case ... a thread IS way down the pages.

So .. TWO mistakes. Time  not checked ... Frontpage not checked. I think I rest my case (I'll let the FACTS speak for themselves). Incidentally, I got friction before .... when I started topics deemed too similar ...

Anyhow, once again ... Happy Birthday Max  :)  (which is what this was originally about).    ;D

Written By: snozberries on 04/25/08 at 9:43 pm

hmmmm controversy about Max's birthday thread/threads.... even in a non political arena Max can inspire controversy... he must be so proud.

in the long run its nice that so many people want to wish him a happy day in whatever thread they choose to do so!!! 

Just remember DEC 7th I expect everyone to start a thread for.....  ;D

Written By: Jessica on 04/25/08 at 10:05 pm

Let's not forget ... it was not ME that started the second thread ..... that apparently forgot how to tell the time ... that did not check the Frontpage .... before starting a duplicate topic. Yes  ... there's the OTHER learning experience .... check the Frontpage FIRST before starting new threads .... cos / just in case ... a thread IS way down the pages.

So .. TWO mistakes. Time  not checked ... Frontpage not checked. I think I rest my case (I'll let the FACTS speak for themselves). Incidentally, I got friction before .... when I started topics deemed too similar ...

Anyhow, once again ... Happy Birthday Max   :)  (which is what this was originally about).    ;D

Yeah, whatever. ::)

Written By: gibbo on 04/25/08 at 10:05 pm

hmmmm controversy about Max's birthday thread/threads.... even in a non political arena Max can inspire controversy... he must be so proud.

in the long run its nice that so many people want to wish him a happy day in whatever thread they choose to do so!!! 

Just remember DEC 7th I expect everyone to start a thread for.....  ;D

I think several threads would be in order Q.   One for each thread of your mind that seems to be stripping away... :D

Written By: Green Lantern on 04/25/08 at 10:12 pm

Interestingly ... I just thought I might see if I could throw in another fact. Fact is ... when Karen started the other thread ... even by a 100 page listing ... THE lowest this thread could have appeared at ... is 40th spot ! Yep, that's right....more than half way up the page !  :P

Howard was the 14th to post in this thread .. at 9.29 PM.

So ... we're interested in how low could this thread have dropped between 9.29 PM .... and the time of Karen's thread being started ... «  on: April 25, 2008, 11:04:33 PM »

At 9.29 PM, on April  25 .... THE lowest this thread could have been .... is 4Oth spot ! Sandwiched in between ....

Currently, 39th:    You know you're getting old\mature when..  April 25, 2008, 09:36:15 PM last post by Howard

Currently, 40th:  What Albums, CDs, or Cassettes did you listen to today?  April 25, 2008, 07:44:10 PM last post by Davester

I DOUBLY rest my case !    ;D    :D  ;D

Written By: snozberries on 04/25/08 at 10:12 pm

I think several threads would be in order Q.  One for each thread of your mind that seems to be stripping away... :D

YEah...... I mean HEY!!!  >:(    ;D

Written By: Jessica on 04/25/08 at 10:14 pm

Interestingly ... I just thought I might see if I could throw in another fact. Fact is ... when Karen started the other thread ... even by a 100 page listing ... THE lowest this thread could have appeared at ... is 40th spot ! Yep, that's right....more than half way up the page !   :P

Howard was the 14th to post in this thread .. at 9.29 PM.

So ... we're interested in how low could this thread have dropped between 9.29 PM .... and the time of Karen's thread being started ... «  on: April 25, 2008, 11:04:33 PM »

At 9.29 PM, on April  25 .... THE lowest this thread could have been .... is 4Oth spot ! Sandwiched in between ....

Currently, 39th:      You know you're getting old\mature when..  April 25, 2008, 09:36:15 PM last post by Howard

Currently, 40th:    What Albums, CDs, or Cassettes did you listen to today?  April 25, 2008, 07:44:10 PM last post by Davester

I DOUBLY rest my case !    ;D    :D  ;D

So you wasted all that time to make a point about something that doesn't really matter in the least? ???

Written By: gibbo on 04/25/08 at 10:15 pm

YEah...... I mean HEY!!!  >:(     ;D

I meant that in the nicest "Happy Birthday Maxwell" tone possible...... ;)

Written By: Green Lantern on 04/25/08 at 10:29 pm

So you wasted all that time to make a point about something that doesn't really matter in the least? ???

Correct. Wasted !  :-[  :( ... In the interests of getting the facts straight !  8)

Ev-er-y fact is sacred .... eve-ry fact .... (if a fact gets tainted, Mister gets quite irate ? ).  ???    :P  :D

Written By: Foo Bar on 04/26/08 at 2:11 am

Congrats, dude!  Only one more year 'til the big 4-0!

Thanks for being a thorn in my side and a welcome reality check.  Keep up the good work.

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/29/08 at 3:56 pm

How did the day go for you?

Written By: Green Lantern on 04/29/08 at 4:03 pm

How did the day go for you?

I doubt he ever read either of his birthday threads ? Never saw any response. Not the only time (only person who didn't respond to a b'day thread)  ... I've noticed that before ...

Perhaps he's unaware of the existence.  :-\\  :(

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 04/29/08 at 6:03 pm

I doubt he ever read either of his birthday threads ? Never saw any response. Not the only time (only person who didn't respond to a b'day thread)  ... I've noticed that before ...

I'm sure he did.  He didn't respond to the one that was done last year.  I wouldn't be too concerned. :)

Written By: snozberries on 04/29/08 at 7:51 pm

perhaps it should've been started in the politics board since his posts are usually made there.

Written By: Green Lantern on 04/29/08 at 8:12 pm

perhaps it should've been started in the politics board since his posts are usually made there.

Possibly. I do know he's ventured more recently into PPP ... and thought he'd be bound to check here on his day. Still, you're right .. he generally posts in the serious threads.

Oh well, it's a bit late in the day now, if he never read any of this .. for our wishes to have any positive benefit for the  bithday gone.

Written By: Bobby on 05/06/08 at 4:40 pm

I am sorry for being late, Maxwell Smart, but I hope you had a brilliant birthday.  8)

k.

Check for new replies or respond here...