inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: The return of Goodsin- 38 today!

Written By: goodsinwoods on 08/21/09 at 3:22 pm

Hi folks, glad to be back on board. Used this site some 5 years ago under the name Goodsin, now using Goodsinwoods. Good to see the standard's still high & a lot of users from my previous time here are still around. I'm a UK user so please bear with me!

Subject: Re: The return of Goodsin- 38 today!

Written By: Henk on 08/21/09 at 4:52 pm

Hey there goodsin. :) I seem to remember you from my early days on the board (I used to go by the name of FaultyDog back then). You used to have the avatar with you and your kid (kids?) on the slide, right? ???  Glad to see you found your way back!

And a happy birthday to you, of course. ;)

Modified to add:
I just checked and I was right - except that it wasn't a slide, but a roller coaster or something like that.
I also noticed that it's been nearly four years since your last post. What happened?

Written By: Red Ant on 08/21/09 at 8:26 pm

Welcome back! If you'd like to use your old account again, send me a PM. Good thing I didn't wipe it last year.  ;D

Happy Birthday to you as well.

Ant

Written By: Womble on 08/22/09 at 9:34 am

Happy belated Birthday and welcome back.

Written By: Midas on 08/22/09 at 9:59 am

Welcome back and I hope you had a Happy Birthday! :)

Written By: karen on 08/22/09 at 9:18 pm

welcome back goodsin.

I hope you had a lovely day

Written By: goodsinwoods on 08/23/09 at 12:38 pm

Thanks for the Birthday wishes, Folks, but I don't know if I'm the Goodsin you remember. It's true I last used the site some 4 years ago, but didn't have an avatar or much in the way of periphery as I used to visit whilst at work and never really had time to set those up; I believe I used to use the phrase "Would rather have a full bottle in front of me than a full frontal lobotomy" as a tagline at the bottom of my posts- not really applicable nowadays- but have a lot more time & access now so hopefully can get to learn these things! Users I remember interacting with were Phillip Eno & Catwoman of V, amongst others- good to see there are a lot of users from back then still around. Testament to a well-run site!  :)

Written By: Tam on 08/23/09 at 1:02 pm

Thanks for the Birthday wishes, Folks, but I don't know if I'm the Goodsin you remember. It's true I last used the site some 4 years ago, but didn't have an avatar or much in the way of periphery as I used to visit whilst at work and never really had time to set those up; I believe I used to use the phrase "Would rather have a full bottle in front of me than a full frontal lobotomy" as a tagline at the bottom of my posts- not really applicable nowadays- but have a lot more time & access now so hopefully can get to learn these things! Users I remember interacting with were Phillip Eno & Catwoman of V, amongst others- good to see there are a lot of users from back then still around. Testament to a well-run site!  :)

Happy belated Birthday!

And I checked the other account and it is in fact you! The email checks out and your sig line says exactly what you said it would! ;)
We can definitely hook you up with your old account! 8)

Written By: ninny on 08/23/09 at 1:12 pm

Happy Birthday & Welcome Back :)

Written By: Henk on 08/23/09 at 3:41 pm

So what you're saying is... this isn't you?  ???

http://www.fileden.com/files/2007/2/17/785141/avatar_225.png

Written By: goodsinwoods on 08/25/09 at 10:30 am

So what you're saying is... this isn't you?  ???

http://www.fileden.com/files/2007/2/17/785141/avatar_225.png

Well, blow me down! It is me after all! I'd forgotten I'd done that! I don't even have that photo any more, some b*****d burgled my flat a few years back & the cd that it was on was amongst items taken. Brilliant! :) :) :). Going to try to add it to my Forum Profile now, thanks a lot, Henk!

Written By: Henk on 08/25/09 at 4:42 pm

Well, blow me down! It is me after all! I'd forgotten I'd done that! I don't even have that photo any more, some b*****d burgled my flat a few years back & the cd that it was on was amongst items taken. Brilliant! :) :) :). Going to try to add it to my Forum Profile now, thanks a lot, Henk!

You're welcome. :)

As others already said, your old account (which is where I got your picture from) is still active, so it's still possible to continue posting there. All it takes is a PM to Tam, Jack (Username Deleted, formerly known as Red Ant) or Chucky, and they'll fix it for you.

Written By: goodsinwoods on 08/25/09 at 4:50 pm

You're welcome. :)

As others already said, your old account (which is where I got your picture from) is still active, so it's still possible to continue posting there. All it takes is a PM to Tam, Jack (Username Deleted, formerly known as Red Ant) or Chucky, and they'll fix it for you.

Didn't have much luck adding the photo as an Avatar this time (probably "user error"), so I will send a PM to the Moderators tomorrow to revert to my old account. Gotta go now, bedtime, but thanks a lot, Folks!  ;)

Written By: JamieMcBain on 09/09/09 at 9:32 pm

Welcome back!

Check for new replies or respond here...