inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Happy 10th Anniversary to Facebook!

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/04/14 at 2:56 am

Facebook was founded on 4th February 2004 by Mark Zuckerberg with his college roommates and fellow Harvard University students Eduardo Saverin, Andrew McCollum, Dustin Moskovitz and Chris Hughes. The founders had initially limited the website's membership to Harvard students, but later expanded it to colleges in the Boston area, the Ivy League, and Stanford University.

Subject: Re: Happy 10th Anniversary to Facebook!

Written By: warped on 02/04/14 at 7:46 am

warped clicks the "like" button.

Written By: Howard on 02/04/14 at 8:52 am

Happy Birthday.

Written By: nally on 02/05/14 at 7:09 pm

It has lasted a long time!! :)

Of course, I've only been on it for not quite 5 years myself, but part of me wishes I'd been on it before then, so I could have kept in touch with more people I'd known at the time (particularly between 2005 and 2008)... but back then I wasn't interested in it. However, after my mom joined in early 2009 (to reconnect with some of her classmates to plan a class reunion), she invited me to join, as did a buddy of mine who I knew in college. So I signed up...and I'm glad I did!

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/06/14 at 4:17 am

To celebrate that day I watched "The Social Network".

Check for new replies or respond here...