inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Happy 30th birthday Tetris!

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/06/14 at 5:52 am

On this day, 30 years ago, during the height of the Cold War, a Russian programmer first released the code for a game he called Tetris. It would eventually cause a worldwide scramble for rights and royalties that would lasting decades.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmCCQxVBfyM

Subject: Re: Happy 30th birthday Tetris!

Written By: snozberries on 06/06/14 at 10:17 am

I used to have a class in Film Theory... it was quite a dry subject matter...very dense. The professor was extremely animated and he sounded like Chris Farley it was hard to watch him teach this stuff because I couldn't focus on the material if I watched his antics. I took to playing tetris during his lectures so I could focus on the content of the material. I found it quite relaxing and very helpful.  I got a out of the class with a B.  ;D

Written By: Howard on 06/06/14 at 4:44 pm

Happy 30th anniversary Tetris. :)

Written By: Katluver on 06/08/14 at 4:44 pm

On this day, 30 years ago, during the height of the Cold War, a Russian programmer first released the code for a game he called Tetris. It would eventually cause a worldwide scramble for rights and royalties that would lasting decades.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmCCQxVBfyM

Man, that takes me back! I used to be so addicted to that game (now it's Candy Crush).

Written By: nally on 06/08/14 at 10:52 pm

Man, that takes me back! I used to be so addicted to that game (now it's Candy Crush).

It brings back memories for me too!! In fact, I still have that Game Boy cartridge, as well as the Game Boy itself. I've also been addicted to it over the years. :)

Written By: Katluver on 06/09/14 at 11:21 pm

It brings back memories for me too!! In fact, I still have that Game Boy cartridge, as well as the Game Boy itself. I've also been addicted to it over the years. :)

I had it on my Game Boy as well. That's cool that you still have yours---I think I sold mine at a garage sale...

Written By: nally on 06/09/14 at 11:32 pm

I had it on my Game Boy as well. That's cool that you still have yours---I think I sold mine at a garage sale...

Yep; I quickly became hooked on the GameBoy version of Tetris; in fact, just a few years ago I decided to pop some batteries into it and rekindle my skill at it (and some of the other games which I still have the cartridges for).

Written By: Howard on 06/11/14 at 6:18 pm

I still have mine after 25 years.

Check for new replies or respond here...