inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Breaking Bad

Written By: ChuckyG on 05/09/12 at 8:41 am

http://www.inthe00s.com/images/BreakingBad.jpg
AMC's Breaking Bad

Coming back this July, this is perhaps the finest television series in production.

Subject: Re: Breaking Bad

Written By: ChuckyG on 05/22/12 at 3:15 pm

July 16th is the official start date... June 6th for the DVDs of Season 4...

Here's a promo photo for the upcoming season to hold people over

http://i.imgur.com/iVpXv.jpg

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 06/25/12 at 9:37 pm

I've been catching up with it on the late-night reruns.  I was psyched for it when it first started, then I lost track of it. 

It was a giant stretch keeping Jesse on.  I thought Mr. White should have let Mike waste him and save a lot of trouble, but I guess Jess is to popular a character.
8)

Written By: ChuckyG on 06/26/12 at 12:30 pm

I've been catching up with it on the late-night reruns.  I was psyched for it when it first started, then I lost track of it. 

It was a giant stretch keeping Jesse on.  I thought Mr. White should have let Mike waste him and save a lot of trouble, but I guess Jess is to popular a character.
8)

If you pay attention, you'll notice he thinks of him as a son, which makes it a little more plausible.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 06/26/12 at 7:11 pm

If you pay attention, you'll notice he thinks of him as a son, which makes it a little more plausible.

Yeah...I did notice that.  If they made Walter White a cold-hearted thug they wouldn't have much of a show. 

Written By: Starde on 08/11/13 at 4:52 pm

Bumpin' this up! Final season starts tonight! 8)

Written By: ChuckyG on 08/12/13 at 5:31 am

off to a great start.  Didn't expect the end of the episode at all...

Written By: Inlandsvägen1986 on 08/12/13 at 5:51 am

off to a great start.  Didn't expect the end of the episode at all...

Me neither, but otherwise the episode would have been very very boring. The mid part was quite lame.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/26/13 at 2:21 am

At the end of the last episode Jesse remembers the ricin cigarette, backs out of the witness protection, and goes back and beats up Saul.  He's yelling something about they sold him out and something to do with Brock.  Brock was Andrea's son.  I missed something, what happened to Brock and how does it relate to Jesse flipping out?

Written By: Starde on 08/26/13 at 11:30 pm

I also got a bit confused, but for a different reason. Here's a great explanation to clear things up (spoiler alert!):

http://www.reddit.com/r/breakingbad/comments/1l3exa/spoilers_a_full_backstory_and_timeline_to_the/

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/27/13 at 9:10 pm

That's what I was straining to remember when Jesse was staring at the pack of cigarettes.  I know it's a TV show, but

1. I wouldn't carry a ricin cigarette in my pocket.
2. How long would anybody walk around with the same pack of butts?

Written By: Starde on 10/03/13 at 11:22 am

Thoughts on the finale?

Written By: ChuckyG on 10/04/13 at 7:22 am

I liked it, but felt it was "too perfect"  Kind of just gave the fans what they wanted, gave Walt a "happy ending" almost.  No real shockers. 

Written By: Starde on 10/11/13 at 8:52 pm

I liked it, but felt it was "too perfect"  Kind of just gave the fans what they wanted, gave Walt a "happy ending" almost.  No real shockers.

It did feel that way, didn't it? Regardless, I really liked the ending. It wasn't like, say, the ending to The Sopranos, but I enjoyed it.

Written By: gumbypiz on 11/17/13 at 6:22 am

Breaking Bad Season 5 - Alternate Ending

As I suspected... 8)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9kZivVxB3vU

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 12/05/13 at 9:07 am

Been kind of late to the Breaking Bad thing, but my brother and I have been watching it on Netflix over the last few weeks and we've finally gotten to the end of Season 5 Part 1, which leaves off at the point where

Walt just told Skyler he's quitting the meth business and Hank went into their bathroom and found the Walt Whitman book with the damning inscription from Gale Botticher.

So now, like millions of other Americans who didn't watch the original run on AMC, my brother and I are anxiously awaiting the Netflix release of Season 5 Part 2.  :o

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 12/25/13 at 9:50 pm

It get's crazier from here.  The best of the series' dramatic content is done.  Now it's up to cliffhangers, shaggy dogs, and what ifs!

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 01/01/14 at 5:14 pm

It get's crazier from here.  The best of the series' dramatic content is done.  Now it's up to cliffhangers, shaggy dogs, and what ifs!

WHEN IS NETFLIX GOING TO RELEASE SEASON 5, PART 2???

Check for new replies or respond here...