inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Bones

Written By: ChuckyG on 05/16/12 at 1:15 pm

http://www.inthe00s.com/images/bones.jpg
Bones on Fox

Inspired by the real-life forensic anthropologist and best-selling novelist Kathy Reichs.

Subject: Re: Bones

Written By: ChuckyG on 05/16/12 at 1:18 pm

Renewed for a "long" 24 episode season 8 after the shortened season 7.

Bones Season 8 Spoilers

these comments aren't too "spoilery" in my opinion (provided you watched the last episode):

Monday’s Bones finale wasn’t as game-changey as last season’s baby bombshell-themed climax, but it still packed a rather fierce punch. In case you missed it (as if!), evil mastermind Christopher Pelant framed Brennan for murder. But rather than stick around and wait for the “hacktivist” to further incriminate her, the new mom ditched Booth and went on the lam with daughter Christine. Here, series creator Hart Hanson tackles key questions from the episode and offers a very early sneak peek at Season 8.

TVLINE | Will there be a significant time jump between seasons?
It always works for us to have the same amount of time pass for our characters as it did for our audience, and I believe we will be very close to that again. A couple of months will have gone by.

TVLINE | Will Brennan have been a fugitive for that length of time?
Here’s what I’ll say: There is an arrest warrant out for her and she is avoiding that warrant. If she gets gets into the system, then Pelant can do anything he wants to her, which would be pretty terrible. So she’s outside the system in that time, with the help of her dad.

TVLINE | How many episodes will this play out in next fall?
It will be many episodes before the Pelant story is resolved. I think we will have Brennan and Booth back together — and her back working at the Jeffersonian — by the end of the first episode. I don’t know if I want to say that or not, but I just did.

TVLINE | Is he going to be pissed? She just ran off with his daughter!
She’s in a huge pickle, and I think Booth recognizes that as well. If she told him that she was going to evade an arrest warrant, that would be it for him; he would not be able to remain an FBI agent. So that was a kindness not to tell him. It also makes sense to her rationally, which is he has to catch Pelant. They’re not mad at each other. They’re facing a situation together.

TVLINE | Is she going to have any assistance while on the run, aside from her dad?
The question is who is in on it with her and who is not. As we set up in the finale, everyone she works with . Does that continue? Who is, in fact, an accomplice to her. And who is, in fact, maintaining a professional, objective attitude. You need both of those things to survive Pelant, and perhaps even catch him.

TVLINE | Did he put a bomb in the clock?
I will never tell you. What the hell was he doing in the house?! You’ll have to tune in and find out.

TVLINE | Regarding the four standalone bonus episodes, I imagine they can’t air at the start of the season since you’d have a major continuity issue with Brennan’s disappearance.
We’re counting on them airing one or two of them early in the season, but it won’t be the premiere. And I doubt it would be the second episode. We might be able to get away with airing one of them in the third or fourth spot. But beyond that I don’t know.

Written By: danootaandme on 05/16/12 at 2:44 pm

I tried, but Emily Deschanel as Temperance Brennan is so annoying I can't.

Written By: snozberries on 05/16/12 at 3:40 pm

Bones on Fox

Inspired by the real-life forensic anthropologist and best-selling novelist Kathy Reichs.

My favorite part is how Temprence Brennan names her character in her books Kathy Reichs!

I love the show but I'm not fond of the Booth and Brennan have a baby story arch.  I did not read your spoilers because I don't want to know anything about anything until I tune into the show next season... you can be pretty sure the show will end after 8 (they could get 9 but I doubt anyone really wants to stick around much longer.)

Written By: ladybug316 on 05/16/12 at 9:22 pm

I do like Bones a bunch.  I usually end up catching the reruns, however.  I still don't even know how Bones and Booth end up hooking up.  I'm hoping to catch up one day.  :-\\

Written By: snozberries on 05/16/12 at 11:41 pm

I do like Bones a bunch.  I usually end up catching the reruns, however.  I still don't even know how Bones and Booth end up hooking up.  I'm hoping to catch up one day.  :-\\

Wanna know? Its not really that exciting.

Written By: ladybug316 on 05/17/12 at 1:18 pm

Whadayamean it 's not that exciting?  After all these years?  I want to know!

Written By: snozberries on 05/17/12 at 2:27 pm

Whadayamean it 's not that exciting?  After all these years?  I want to know!

basically, to keep the plot line unspoiled for you, something tragic happens to one of the Squinterns and Booth comforts Bones....they basically go back to his place (or hers) and lie in bed embraced but fully clothed. There is no visible intimacy (that I can recall- maybe if I see the scene again I'll notice something I missed the first time) but in my honest opinion it read as nothing more than a friend comforting a friend.  Then the next ep she's telling Angela they had sex and telling him she's pregnant.  I really felt robbed like we never got that OMG moment....sure we got in the craptastic Booth is in a coma ep where everyone co-exists in an alternate reality.  ::)  but that one didn't count.  there was no real OMG Booth and Brennan JUST FREAKING HOOKED UP! I think I would remember if there was... so it was sort of a cheat and thrown together because Emily Deschenal couldn't wait til the series was over to have a baby  ::)

Written By: ladybug316 on 05/17/12 at 7:27 pm

What a rip-off!  Maybe I didn't miss much, then!  I remember he went off to Iraq and she went to study some island with Daisy, he came back with the blonde chick that didn't want to marry him.  Then (I think) he asked her if she wanted to give "them" a chance and she said no (right?).  I really thought I had missed a big chunk of stuff to have gotten them from the above-mentioned scene to having a baby.  Bastards!

Written By: snozberries on 05/17/12 at 8:19 pm

What a rip-off!  Maybe I didn't miss much, then!  I remember he went off to Iraq and she went to study some island with Daisy, he came back with the blonde chick that didn't want to marry him.  Then (I think) he asked her if she wanted to give "them" a chance and she said no (right?).  I really thought I had missed a big chunk of stuff to have gotten them from the above-mentioned scene to having a baby.  Bastards!

Naw you didn't.  If you get a chance watch Hole in the heart & big Changes Coming (I'm 100% sure on the first title and 50% sure on the second but those are the eps the events happened. Tho after booth dated/let that blond chick move in there was lots of discussion/examination and a look at booth and Brennan's relationship. My favorite, I forget the title, was the flashback to when they first started working together.  It was a faux flashback (meaning events we'd never seen on screen) that was a cool ep.....gonna go look for the title.

Written By: snozberries on 05/17/12 at 8:22 pm

^The Parts in the Sum of the Whole (sounds like a title bobo made up  :D  )

It's the 100th ep. Season 5 ep 16.... We just ended season 7 

Written By: ladybug316 on 05/17/12 at 8:59 pm

I've seen that one!  I've also seen the one with the alternate universe where they were married and ran a nightclub.  What a hunk of horsecrap that was also!  I cannot believe that's the only time the producers gave the people what they wanted.  I should also add that now that they're together, I don't like them so much.  To find out she got pregnant by just lying in bed, clothed, with a boy - I don't believe it!  Now, if she sat on the same toilet seat as him, then maybe  ;D

Written By: snozberries on 05/17/12 at 9:14 pm

I've seen that one!  I've also seen the one with the alternate universe where they were married and ran a nightclub.  What a hunk of horsecrap that was also!  I cannot believe that's the only time the producers gave the people what they wanted.  I should also add that now that they're together, I don't like them so much.  To find out she got pregnant by just lying in bed, clothed, with a boy - I don't believe it!  Now, if she sat on the same toilet seat as him, then maybe  ;D

Well, like I said.  She told Angie they had sex.  We just never got to see it.  >:(  So presumably cuddling is foreplay  ::) 

Yeah nightclub one is the craptastic alternate reality one I was talking about.

It's weird seeing them together and now they are starting to do more PDA stuff which I just find awkward. They were a better couple flirting than married parents.

Written By: ChuckyG on 09/20/12 at 11:23 am

Bones was back this week.  Not sure I really enjoyed the end of the episode, but it looks like it'll be back to normal next week.

Written By: snozberries on 09/20/12 at 12:00 pm

Bones was back this week.  Not sure I really enjoyed the end of the episode, but it looks like it'll be back to normal next week.

That wig Emily was wearing was horrible. You think they could've afforded a better quality considering they were trying to pass it off as her own hair.

Written By: karen on 09/30/12 at 9:36 am

the last episode I saw of this was an end of season one.  They all left each other at an airport (I think) and agreed to meet up in x months (or a year or something)  Was that the last one or have I missed a series?

Written By: snozberries on 09/30/12 at 10:09 am

the last episode I saw of this was an end of season one.  They all left each other at an airport (I think) and agreed to meet up in x months (or a year or something)  Was that the last one or have I missed a series?

you're way behind...  if that's the one where they investigate the death of a hoarder and Angela's father is in the ep that was the season finale of season 5.  We're currently in season 8.

Written By: karen on 10/01/12 at 12:49 pm

you're way behind...  if that's the one where they investigate the death of a hoarder and Angela's father is in the ep that was the season finale of season 5.  We're currently in season 8.

Thinking about it, it was probably when I was in the US that I last watched the show! 

Elizabeth has just picked up a 'Bones' novel from the library.  No idea how closely it relates to the tv series

Written By: snozberries on 10/01/12 at 2:56 pm

Thinking about it, it was probably when I was in the US that I last watched the show! 

Elizabeth has just picked up a 'Bones' novel from the library.  No idea how closely it relates to the tv series

I think the bones of it are similar... Lol
The tv shows goes in a different direction But I never read them so I could be wrong.

Written By: Dagwood on 10/01/12 at 6:50 pm

The heroine in the Kathy Reichs series is a 50 something divorcee with grown kids.  Plus they take place in Quebec.  At least the earlier ones do.  I really don't see much similarity between the books and the show.

Written By: snozberries on 10/01/12 at 9:20 pm

The heroine in the Kathy Reichs series is a 50 something divorcee with grown kids.  Plus they take place in Quebec.  At least the earlier ones do.  I really don't see much similarity between the books and the show.

I like how it's Dr Brennan in the books and on the tv show dr Brennan writes novels featuring a forensic anthropologist named Kathy Reichs  ;D

Written By: karen on 10/02/12 at 2:32 pm

I think the book Elizabeth has is based on the tv series, at least the cover features Booth and Brennan

Written By: snozberries on 10/02/12 at 2:32 pm

I think the book Elizabeth has is based on the tv series, at least the cover features Booth and Brennan

do you recall the title of it?

Written By: karen on 10/02/12 at 2:35 pm

Steps out into the hall...

Bones Buried Deep by Max Allan Collins (featuring the character created by Kathy Reichs)

Written By: snozberries on 10/02/12 at 2:37 pm

Steps out into the hall...

Bones Buried Deep by Max Allan Collins (featuring the character created by Kathy Reichs)

;D

I just looked it up on Amazon...it's based on the TV show characters rather than the characters from the original books.... :)

Written By: tatertawt24 on 10/13/12 at 7:07 pm

What happened to last season? Its like there were 3 episodes and then it just disappeared

Written By: snozberries on 10/14/12 at 2:31 am

What happened to last season? Its like there were 3 episodes and then it just disappeared

I'm not sure what you're talking about they had 13 eps last season.

Fox probably decided to scale back from a 22 episode season to give Finder a chance....plus Emily Deschanel was pregnant and wasn't available for a full season.

Check for new replies or respond here...