inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Mike & Molly

Written By: whistledog on 05/17/12 at 6:53 am

Mike & Molly on CBS

Billy Cardell as Mike Biggs
Melissa McCarthy as Molly Flynn (Biggs)

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-5tlNUoFZHd4/TcIGuvcNjyI/AAAAAAAAAck/EDOOheILP7k/s1600/mike-and-molly-13.jpg

What first drew me to this show was Billy Cardell.  I had recognized him from the earlier CBS Sitcom 'Yes, Dear' where he played Jimmy Hughes best friend Billy Colovita.  You may also recognize Reno Wilson, the actor who plays Mike's partner Carl McMillan, in his recurring role on 'The Cosby Show' as Theo's college friend Howard. 

I think my favourite episode was the one where Mike invited Molly with him and Reno to Cubs opening day.

Subject: Re: Mike & Molly

Written By: ZeeZeeBlue on 05/17/12 at 9:14 am

I love this show too!

Written By: snozberries on 05/17/12 at 10:32 am

I was supposed to be at the taping of the wedding but my stupid job got in the stupid way and I missed it!  >:(

Written By: Macaroni Man on 06/20/12 at 9:10 pm

I do like this show, but resent the fact that it's another portrayal of cops as fat. 
I believe I would choose Carl as my favorite character. 

Written By: snozberries on 06/20/12 at 9:59 pm

I do like this show, but resent the fact that it's another portrayal of cops as fat. 
I believe I would choose Carl as my favorite character.

I work with cops. A few of them are fat. You have to meet the fitness requirements to get the job not to keep it.
Thing is, for the most part you sit around in a unit for a 10-12 hour shift. You walk around a bit but mostly you drive. At night the options for eating are limited do you either bring healthy food from home or you hit the drive thru.  During the day you have a better shot at finding healthier food but mostly you need to eat quickly so you choose the fastest option and eat quickly then go sit in your car and drive around for a few more hours.  :-\\

Written By: Ed216 on 07/14/12 at 11:05 pm

I don't mean to nitpick but his name is Billy Gardell not Cardell. :) I haven't watched the show much but I do like them as a couple I think Billy and Melissa (Mike and Molly) have good chemistry together.

Ed.

Check for new replies or respond here...