inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Touch

Written By: snozberries on 05/28/12 at 1:11 pm

Touch stars Keifer Sutherland as a father to an autistic child who is somehow connected to the universe and all that's about to unfold.

It's sort of like Num3ers in that there are complex mathematical connections made... I don't get it but I sure like taking the ride. 

I remember a film professor told us "there are no coincidences" (in film) perhaps someone associated with the show took this concept and ran with it because that's what the show is about. Nothing that happens is coincidence. It's all layered beautifully, almost seamlessly, into this complex series of events that intertwine in a way...... I cannot imagine being in the writers room, the editors bay, the director/producers meetings... so much detail is covered in every ep. I understand nothing that I watch but I'm fascinated by all that I see!

And it got picked up for a second season so that's awesome!

Subject: Re: Touch

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 05/28/12 at 9:23 pm

I watched a few episodes of it, it was very intriguing and interesting for awhile, but for some reason, I stopped watching it.

Written By: snozberries on 05/28/12 at 10:37 pm

I watched a few episodes of it, it was very intriguing and interesting for awhile, but for some reason, I stopped watching it.

I had 5 eps sitting in the DVR for a month but, since I was at work all day and it was slow, (and I needed the distraction) I decided to watch them on Hulu....they're complex but but pretty good... as long as you're willing to take the ride

Written By: snozberries on 05/28/12 at 10:39 pm

one of the things I like is some people have no idea that what they do, say in india, affects someone in New York... people watching may say "Oh come on...." but, if you think about it... the small things we do actually does affect people whether we are aware of it or not. I think it sends a good message about being aware (ie less self involved)

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 05/29/12 at 4:26 pm

one of the things I like is some people have no idea that what they do, say in india, affects someone in New York... people watching may say "Oh come on...." but, if you think about it... the small things we do actually does affect people whether we are aware of it or not. I think it sends a good message about being aware (ie less self involved)

Absolutely, that was the most intriguing thing about the show!

Written By: meesa on 05/30/12 at 10:58 am

It does send a good message. And really, it is all the little things that we don't think about that can change the course of someone's life.

Written By: MrCleveland on 06/01/12 at 5:51 pm

I saw a few eps and it was recommended by a member of my church because the main character has autism...a disease that has been diagnosed by 1 in 150 people.

Check for new replies or respond here...