inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: The Looney Tunes Show

Written By: MrCleveland on 06/05/12 at 3:18 pm

Many have remembered "Looney Tunes" from the 40's, 50's, and 60's...but Cartoon Network revamped the lineup of Looney Tunes such as Bugs Bunny, Daffy Duck, and Porky Pig and made it into a Sitcom-ish show called "The Looney Tunes Show" and I have one thing to say about it...

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lm5vqhusTq1qhansmo1_400.gif

There's probably a thread about this, but since this IS a recent show...I thought of talking about it!

Subject: Re: The Looney Tunes Show

Written By: wildcard on 06/05/12 at 3:30 pm

I haven't seen it yet.  I've watched Silvester and Tweety Misteries and liked it.

Written By: Foo Bar on 06/06/12 at 9:59 pm

Many have remembered "Looney Tunes" from the 40's, 50's, and 60's...but Cartoon Network revamped the lineup of Looney Tunes such as Bugs Bunny, Daffy Duck, and Porky Pig and made it into a Sitcom-ish show called "The Looney Tunes Show" and I have one thing to say about it...

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lm5vqhusTq1qhansmo1_400.gif

There's probably a thread about this, but since this IS a recent show...I thought of talking about it!

If the artwork looks like that, I'll give it a shot - Bugs Bunny isn't Bugs Bunny without wild takes, and that's a sweet wild take.

We'll never be able to afford going back to traditional cel animation, but that looks like it's both feasible to do within a TV shows budget and faithful to the look of the original.  The writing will be the hard thing to match, but some of the past half-century's reboots (specifically Tiny Toon Adventures and Animaniacs) have done it justice.

Written By: ChuckyG on 06/11/12 at 8:23 pm

I've seen parts of it when Neal watches it, and it's um ok I guess.  Too talky, not enough slapstick in my book.

Subject: The Looney Tunes Show

Written By: Dude111 on 11/02/22 at 7:34 pm

I think the original is 10000000& better........

Check for new replies or respond here...