inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Hot in Cleveland

Written By: MrCleveland on 06/05/12 at 3:24 pm

Okay...you know I'm a Clevelander (Hence my username), and since "Hot in Cleveland" is about 3 L.A. ladies who were past their prime and find themselves in Cleveland when their plane that was supposedly going to Paris abruptly lands in Cleveland.

Now, I like this show...who else is a fan of this show?

Subject: Re: Hot in Cleveland

Written By: snozberries on 06/05/12 at 3:54 pm

Okay...you know I'm a Clevelander (Hence my username), and since "Hot in Cleveland" is about 3 L.A. ladies who were past their prime and find themselves in Cleveland when their plane that was supposedly going to Paris abruptly lands in Cleveland.

finishing the description cuz you left out the salient part
"Hot in Cleveland" is about 3 L.A. ladies who were past their prime and find themselves in Cleveland when their plane that was supposedly going to Paris abruptly lands in Cleveland. 

During their unexpected layover in Cleveland they find out that, while considered old and ultimately unattractive by LA standards they are, actually, "Hot in Cleveland" So they decided to stay where they felt the most attractive. 

Written By: meesa on 06/05/12 at 4:27 pm

I have watched this when I can and it is very funny. Love me some Betty White!  ;D ;D

Written By: snozberries on 06/05/12 at 4:35 pm

I've been to both a taping and a paley event... the cast has great chemistry off screen so that explains why they work together so well onscreen... and if they're faking it they do an excellent job.

Written By: whistledog on 06/05/12 at 6:27 pm

Hot in Cleveland proves 1 thing:  Valerie Bertinelli is just as hot now as she was back in her 'One Day at A Time" years.  I have the 1st 2 seasons of this show on DVD and I absolutely love it.

All 4 main stars had roles or recurring roles on 80s TV series:

Betty White (Mama's Family and The Golden Girls)
Jane Leeves (The Benny Hill Show and Throb)
Valerie Bertinelli (One Day at A Time)
Wendie Malick (Kate and Allie)

Written By: Howard on 06/05/12 at 7:18 pm

I watch this show sometimes I like that British woman, what's her name she used to be on an episode of Seinfeld?  ???

Written By: snozberries on 06/05/12 at 8:56 pm

I watch this show sometimes I like that British woman, what's her name she used to be on an episode of Seinfeld?  ???

Jane Leeves.
I like the ep where Valerie bertinelli pretends to be jane leeves because Jane had just shot the son she'd given up for adoption 20 yrs ago ( or 18). Anyway Val puts on this heavy cockney accent. It was hilarious

Written By: danootaandme on 06/06/12 at 9:47 am

Hot in Cleveland proves 1 thing:  Valerie Bertinelli is just as hot now as she was back in her 'One Day at A Time" years.  I have the 1st 2 seasons of this show on DVD and I absolutely love it.

All 4 main stars had roles or recurring roles on 80s TV series:

Betty White (Mama's Family and The Golden Girls)
Jane Leeves (The Benny Hill Show and Throb)
Valerie Bertinelli (One Day at A Time)
Wendie Malick (Kate and Allie)

Most people know Jane Leeves as Daphne Moon from Frasier

Written By: snozberries on 06/06/12 at 9:49 am

Most people know Jane Leeves as Daphne Moon from Frasier

And Wendy Malick from Just Shoot Me.

Written By: danootaandme on 06/06/12 at 9:53 am

And Wendy Malick from Just Shoot Me.

Yes, a lot of people don't even remember Kate and Allie

Written By: snozberries on 06/06/12 at 9:55 am

Honestly I think Jason and I may be the only ones who think of her as Charles Mistress Claire before anything else. I never liked just shoot me so I often forget it.

Written By: Howard on 06/06/12 at 1:44 pm

I don't remember her from Kate And Allie what year was that from?  ???

Written By: snozberries on 06/06/12 at 1:58 pm

I don't remember her from Kate And Allie what year was that from?  ???

Remember how Allie had to move in with Kate because she divorced her husband Charles after he cheated on her?  Well Wendy Malik played Claire...the woman charles married after divorcing Allie...she wasn't in a lot of episodes but he character was pretty memorable.

There was an ep where Kate and Allie catered dinner party for Claire and Charles anniversary...

I just looked Wendy up and she apparently did a few ups of Fraiser too....but I never watched fraiser.

Written By: Howard on 06/06/12 at 2:38 pm

Remember how Allie had to move in with Kate because she divorced her husband Charles after he cheated on her?  Well Wendy Malik played Claire...the woman charles married after divorcing Allie...she wasn't in a lot of episodes but he character was pretty memorable.

There was an ep where Kate and Allie catered dinner party for Claire and Charles anniversary...

I just looked Wendy up and she apparently did a few ups of Fraiser too....but I never watched fraiser.

I think I remember it was from 1988. She was also on Seinfeld in the episode "The Kiss Hello".

Written By: whistledog on 06/08/12 at 3:55 pm

Honestly I think Jason and I may be the only ones who think of her as Charles Mistress Claire before anything else. I never liked just shoot me so I often forget it.

Kate & Allie was the first time I ever saw Wendie Malick.  She also had a recurring role as Mitch Buchanan's ex-wife on Baywatch.  Years went by and I had completely forgotten about her until Just Shoot Me! came on the air and I remembered her from those shows

Check for new replies or respond here...