inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Hell's Kitchen & Master Chef

Written By: snozberries on 06/05/12 at 9:10 pm

They both returned last night and air again tonight.

I think I'm the only one watching Master Chef do I figure it makes sense to combine them.

HELL'S KITCHEN

As usual the chefs sucked their first night in. Apparently scallops are freaking hard to cook.
At least the girls got thru appetizers giving them a win.

This looks like another voilitaile season.

MASTER CHEF:

Honestly the auditions borer so I was playing games while it was on.
Tge last chef tho....the blind lady. She's gonna be interesting to watch.

Subject: Re: Hell's Kitchen & Master Chef

Written By: gibbo on 06/05/12 at 9:46 pm

They both returned last night and air again tonight.

I think I'm the only one watching Master Chef do I figure it makes sense to combine them.

HELL'S KITCHEN

As usual the chefs sucked their first night in. Apparently scallops are freaking hard to cook.
At least the girls got thru appetizers giving them a win.

This looks like another voilitaile season.

MASTER CHEF:

Honestly the auditions borer so I was playing games while it was on.
Tge last chef tho....the blind lady. She's gonna be interesting to watch.

Maybe she could get her own tv show. They can call it ......  Burn Notice!  ;)

Written By: snozberries on 06/05/12 at 11:34 pm

Maybe she could get her own tv show. They can call it ......  Burn Notice!  ;)

;D

Written By: Howard on 06/06/12 at 7:08 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-l0Wx32vfc

WOW!  :o

Written By: Dagwood on 06/06/12 at 7:22 am

I wanted to scream.  One of the chefs came into Hell's Kitchen actually knowing how to cook risotto and she still screwed it up.  Seriously? 

Master Chef was kind of boring.  The blind lady will be interesting.  Hope she makes it through the first big cut.

Written By: snozberries on 06/06/12 at 9:05 am

I wanted to scream.  One of the chefs came into Hell's Kitchen actually knowing how to cook risotto and she still screwed it up.  Seriously? 

Master Chef was kind of boring.  The blind lady will be interesting.  Hope she makes it through the first big cut.

HK:
Dude. I thought those chicks were gonna actually fight last night.  :o  it was a little over the top I thought I mean yeah it's 250k and it's a job but who gets that mad.
I'm a little over the casting of the "crazy, black lady with the eyes" and her "white trash antagonist" ya know...it's the 21st century you'd think casting directors would move beyond the Jerry Springer pool of casting yet we get them every season.  >:(

Oh and the douche male chef who has to fling his testarone all over the kitchen (Guy)
And the mysogynistic chef who thinks the only kitchen a woman should step into is the one at home (Chris)

I almost always end up rooting for a woman because as bad as they get I still like them better.
I'm glad the women won 3.5 of the first 4 challenges. (.5 because even tho they were on the bottom with the men they survived elimination.) they'll lose next week probably.

I'm thinking risotto, scallops, Wellington and lamb - its the same damn menu every year done you practice?  ::)

MC:

Yeah the auditions are always boring. They want us to see people's stories but id rather they just start airing eps with the first round eliminations.  Way too many people to keep track of now I do better with a smaller pool. It's too soon for me to care about their sob stories and, honestly, practically everyone has a sob story, some are more tragic than others but I'm not stopping people on the street to hear theirs so why shove them down my throat MC? Why.

Written By: snozberries on 06/06/12 at 9:06 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-l0Wx32vfc

WOW!  :o

Howard that's the British version. I'm talking about the American shows.

Written By: snozberries on 06/18/12 at 9:16 pm

Shocking but I forgot to update the last couple of eps.

All I have to say is the women have lost their damn minds!

At any rate I'm not recapping  I ll just start from here

They're catching balls to Create 5 Mexican dishes with the ingredients they caught.

I'm still rooting for the crazy bitches tho. All in all I think the girls have more over all wins.
Let's see if they pull this out.

Written By: snozberries on 06/18/12 at 9:39 pm

I'm so tired of the bitches fighting.  >:(

Written By: snozberries on 06/18/12 at 9:42 pm

Barbie can't cook scallops or mussels. What can she cook? Okay she made scallops right once....that was a fluke.

Written By: snozberries on 06/18/12 at 10:03 pm

Well that ending sucked almost as bad as the "chefs" cooked  :D

Written By: snozberries on 06/18/12 at 10:11 pm

Master Chef

Poor Christine (the blind chef) last picked....not even picked. Chosen by default. But she's a trooper.

Written By: snozberries on 06/18/12 at 10:14 pm

There's no seasoning on tge mushrooms or onions...yeah but they're cooking for marines. Marines are used to bland food  :D

(for the record I hate mushrooms) 8-P

Written By: snozberries on 06/18/12 at 10:30 pm

Mmmmm apple pie!!!!

Written By: snozberries on 06/18/12 at 10:38 pm

Cheese in apple pie....even if I did like cheese I still think I'd think it sounds weird.  8-P

Written By: snozberries on 06/18/12 at 10:45 pm

Gordon's words to Christine....that was just awesome and awe inspiring.

Yeah I'm a sap and I'm a little misty right now!  That's one of favorite Gordon Ramsey moments ever!!!

Written By: karen on 06/19/12 at 11:57 am

Cheese in apple pie....even if I did like cheese I still think I'd think it sounds weird.  8-P

I think it sounds weird but have seen a couple of recipes for it.  Cheese and apples go together so it might work as a pie.

Written By: snozberries on 06/19/12 at 9:35 pm

Vinegar helps thin the mucus (so dig in!!!)  :D

Written By: Dagwood on 06/19/12 at 10:04 pm

Nasty.  Kimmie drives me nuts.  She is nothing but a whiner.  I wish she would leave my tv.

As for Masterchef...go Christine!  Blind girl blows the rest of them away.

Written By: snozberries on 06/19/12 at 10:07 pm

Nasty.  Kimmie drives me nuts.  She is nothing but a whiner.  I wish she would leave my tv.

As for Masterchef...go Christine!  Blind girl blows the rest of them away.

Yeah I hate Kimmy too and Barbie. They both fit that stereotype casting that was popular in the 90s and, apparently, just won't die.  Backwoods country ghetto ass pisses me off.

As for MC  that offel looks awful  8-P

Written By: snozberries on 06/19/12 at 10:22 pm

MC

"What kind of an asshole gives a live crab to the blind chick..."

Seriously!!!

Karma made you her bitch Ryan!  First your boy blows it then Christine hits it out if the park!  :P

And Monti made you suck it!!!  :D

Written By: Dagwood on 06/20/12 at 7:06 am

I know, right?  I am rooting for Monti and Christine.  I would love to see them wipe the floor with Ryan. 

Written By: snozberries on 06/20/12 at 8:30 am

I know, right?  I am rooting for Monti and Christine.  I would love to see them wipe the floor with Ryan.

Me too. Ryan is such a douche. I'm glad monti called him out publicly on that flash your boobs thing from the previous ep.

Written By: Dagwood on 06/20/12 at 5:31 pm

Me too. Ryan is such a douche. I'm glad monti called him out publicly on that flash your boobs thing from the previous ep.

No kidding.  The judge she told didn't look too impressed either.  (sorry, I don't remember names except for Gordon.)

Written By: snozberries on 06/20/12 at 5:41 pm

No kidding.  The judge she told didn't look too impressed either.  (sorry, I don't remember names except for Gordon.)

Joe is the mean bald guy. Graham is the "dude" ya know, the guy who just seems cool to hang out and BBQ with???  :D   

Written By: Dagwood on 06/20/12 at 7:35 pm

Joe is the mean bald guy. Graham is the "dude" ya know, the guy who just seems cool to hang out and BBQ with???  :D   

Joe is who I am talking about, then. 

Written By: snozberries on 06/25/12 at 10:22 pm

HK:

Why do Barbie & Robyn insist on "helping" people who don't want or need the help?

Why is Barbie complaining that tiffany keeps passing the work on to others when Barbie was the one getting in the way of the scallops.  I do agree tha Tiffany was at fault on the swordfish tho.  Wtf

I'm glad Gordon saw Royce wiping plates with a dirty rag....I wish he'd seen Patrick wiping his nostrils with his fingers.  8-P

I have a feeling Clemenza is going home tonight  ::)
(or Royce or guy  ;D  )

Ya know I don't really like any of these freaking cheftestants.

Written By: Dagwood on 06/26/12 at 5:39 pm

I agree...they are all a bunch of idiots. 

Written By: LyricBoy on 06/26/12 at 6:21 pm

"Kitchen Nightmares" is coming to Beaver, Pennsylvania.

They are filming at Levanti's, a past-its-prime family-owned eatery.

Written By: danootaandme on 06/27/12 at 4:17 am

I think it sounds weird but have seen a couple of recipes for it.  Cheese and apples go together so it might work as a pie.

Sorry I am late with this, I don't watch this show but I was checking this thread.  Cheese with apple pie is an old New England thing and it is glorious.  It has to be a tart apple pie, as opposed to one with lots of cinammon, and not one of those awful mile high crust crappy things.  You take a slice of (tart) apple pie, shave a sliver of sharp cheddar, slide it under the crust, warm it up, and let your taste buds revel it the glory.  Some people for what ever ungodly reason, think any kind of cheese will do, NO! It has to be tart apple pie, it has to be white cheddar-preferably sharp New York cheddar, and it has to be done by the slice as it is being served.  Any other way is simply for philistines.  ;)

Written By: snozberries on 06/27/12 at 5:07 pm

Sorry I am late with this, I don't watch this show but I was checking this thread.  Cheese with apple pie is an old New England thing and it is glorious.  It has to be a tart apple pie, as opposed to one with lots of cinammon, and not one of those awful mile high crust crappy things.  You take a slice of (tart) apple pie, shave a sliver of sharp cheddar, slide it under the crust, warm it up, and let your taste buds revel it the glory.  Some people for what ever ungodly reason, think any kind of cheese will do, NO! It has to be tart apple pie, it has to be white cheddar-preferably sharp New York cheddar, and it has to be done by the slice as it is being served.  Any other way is simply for philistines.  ;)

Interesting....for the obvious reasons I sti won't be trying it  ;)

HK!
The women bickered. The men bickered. The women won reward and dinner service and continued bickering.  ::)  I have to say tho in the kitchen the ladies are much better at communicating. They still fight but they did a great job timing their foods.

The men are lost...sunk even. I don't know if they can come back.

MC!

Felix crying was annoying. I was glad the douchebag ryan left Monday night. I was hoping his jackass partner in crime Tally  was close behind,  but he seemed to step up his game last night.

Written By: karen on 07/03/12 at 11:52 am

I think the Hell's Kitchen USA I watched last night is the same one snoz mentions in her first post.

The girl's served all their starters (after someone mucked up cooking scallops) but then couldn't get the Wellington cooked through (I thought he said chicken but it looked more like beef to me  :-\\).  The guys couldn't even get their starters served.

I love how Gordon asks them for nominations and then decides who they should really have nominated!  Tavon (I think that's his name) went home.

Written By: snozberries on 07/03/12 at 12:03 pm

I think the Hell's Kitchen USA I watched last night is the same one snoz mentions in her first post.

The girl's served all their starters (after someone mucked up cooking scallops) but then couldn't get the Wellington cooked through (I thought he said chicken but it looked more like beef to me  :-\\ ).  The guys couldn't even get their starters served.

I love how Gordon asks them for nominations and then decides who they should really have nominated!  Tavon (I think that's his name) went home.

I think they always have a problem with getting food out and cooking scallops... but yeah....that's the that means you can play with us!!!

HK
Holy crap those bitches drive me nuts....always with the bickering and in fighting... there's no point to it... I mean really come on....cook. don't cook just stop fighting...  if i wants this much tension I'd watch a real housewives show.... I don't watch them for a reason.

MC
Wish I'd known about the MC food truck... I would've driven to Venice to try it out...

Written By: snozberries on 07/03/12 at 10:29 pm

HK....damn these chefs are totally cracking under pressure!  :o  And it;s steak night..... they are competing for a job at a steak house!!!  ::)

Written By: Dagwood on 07/03/12 at 10:49 pm

Keeping my mouth shut until you give your opinion on a couple of the "ladies".....I want to make sure you have seen it.  Boy do I have an opinion.

Written By: snozberries on 07/03/12 at 11:17 pm

HK:
Damn that fight was intense. I wish Gordon would send them all home.
There's no reason to talk to another human being that way... hell I wouldn't talk to the dispatcher I hate that way....don't get me wrong, I would like to, but I would never ever do it...

patrick
(the person who went home )  totally deserved to go home...that person sucked for several eps now. the person who got moved to the other team should've gone home too...

actually... the one who only cares 9 (on a scale of one to ten) should've gone home...first of all that person had to think way to long about their answer and secondly, the correct answer would've been 11 or any number higher than 11.  I didn't like the attitude... I hate kids but I think you still respect them as customers.  >:(

MC....  Graham participates in the 1st challenge... the judges love it and say it's beautiful...
Gordon: Come everyone and look at how beautiful this dish is....

um... why is Christine going to go look at the plate?  ::)   

dag I see you posted but I'm waiting til I finish to read it. 

Written By: 80s_cheerleader on 07/03/12 at 11:47 pm

I thought the same thing about Christine???  Part of me wonders if she's not 100% blind because she tends to "look" at a lot of things, but maybe she went to smell it?

There are a few chefs on HK that I'd like to slap silly...

Written By: snozberries on 07/04/12 at 12:02 am

I thought the same thing about Christine???  Part of me wonders if she's not 100% blind because she tends to "look" at a lot of things, but maybe she went to smell it?

I don't know, maybe...but with that helper and stuff and, well when they did the challenge for the marines she couldn't see the helicopter. I'm thinking partially blind she'd see the helicopter before she'd see anything on a plate....

There are a few chefs on HK that I'd like to slap silly...

usually at this point I can typically find someone to root for. There's no one I like... maybe Dana- but only because she was laughing about how ridiculous that fight was. 

Written By: Dagwood on 07/04/12 at 9:38 am

I agree that all three on HK deserved to go.  I would have rather it been one of the ladies, though.  Both of them are nothing but sore losers.  The screw up and it is someone else's fault...they did nothing wrong.  I can't wait to see the one that went to the other team hang herself.  I can see it happening quickly.

Written By: snozberries on 07/04/12 at 11:07 am

I agree that all three on HK deserved to go.  I would have rather it been one of the ladies, though.  Both of them are nothing but sore losers.  The screw up and it is someone else's fault...they did nothing wrong.  I can't wait to see the one that went to the other team hang herself.  I can see it happening quickly.

I can't help but wonder what the staff at the restaurant in Vegas (and Gordon's other restaurants) thinks of these people.  They have to be watching right? I cannot imagine being stuck in a kitchen with any of them. You know what I'd do? I'd record the eps and watch the show. Save the EPSin the DvR and then...after the winner is announced Id go back and rewatch tracking only the winner this time and I'd make note of every mistake and every questionable action/attitude.  I know for sure there's no one there worthy of respect from a kitchen staff so I hope the crew revolts when they get there.

I Kinda don't even want to eat at Gordon's steak house in Vegas because I don't trust the standards would be met.  I might go just to give the winner a piece of my mind  ;D

Written By: Dagwood on 07/04/12 at 11:20 am

I can't help but wonder what the staff at the restaurant in Vegas (and Gordon's other restaurants) thinks of these people.  They have to be watching right? I cannot imagine being stuck in a kitchen with any of them. You know what I'd do? I'd record the eps and watch the show. Save the EPSin the DvR and then...after the winner is announced Id go back and rewatch tracking only the winner this time and I'd make note of every mistake and every questionable action/attitude.  I know for sure there's no one there worthy of respect from a kitchen staff so I hope the crew revolts when they get there.

I Kinda don't even want to eat at Gordon's steak house in Vegas because I don't trust the standards would be met.  I might go just to give the winner a piece of my mind  ;D

It would make it difficult to give them any respect, that's for sure.  I doubt the winner actually gets the job.  I bet they just get the $$.  Gordon would be an idiot to let one of these bozos be the head chef at one of his restaurants.

Written By: snozberries on 07/04/12 at 1:48 pm

It would make it difficult to give them any respect, that's for sure.  I doubt the winner actually gets the job.  I bet they just get the $$.  Gordon would be an idiot to let one of these bozos be the head chef at one of his restaurants.

might be worth the trek just to challenge that theory and see if you're right!!! it would be a brilliant move on his part for sure!

Did I tell you that Chef Scott has a restaurant here in town? I've eaten there once...it's fabulous....unfortunately he wasn't there that night so I didn't get to meet him... I will go again one day.

Written By: Dagwood on 07/04/12 at 10:11 pm

might be worth the trek just to challenge that theory and see if you're right!!! it would be a brilliant move on his part for sure!

Did I tell you that Chef Scott has a restaurant here in town? I've eaten there once...it's fabulous....unfortunately he wasn't there that night so I didn't get to meet him... I will go again one day.

I would love to meet him...but I am afraid I might get arrested for jumping on him.  I really like to look at Scott. :D

Written By: snozberries on 07/04/12 at 10:36 pm

I would love to meet him...but I am afraid I might get arrested for jumping on him.  I really like to look at Scott. :D

Me too.. I was there for my B-day (two years ago) I wanted a hug so bad!

Written By: snozberries on 07/24/12 at 12:08 am

Today I watches the shows in reverse.

MC

Interesting twist bringing the eliminated cheftestants back
God Ryan's so arrogant and irritating. Someone needs to school him about his flavor elevator riff  ::) never mind.... Josh just did lol

Cute that Christine thought the "blind" taste test was going to conducted blind. Actually it's sad and they could've cut her embarrassing moment in editing

I'm midway thru HK. I'll post later.

Written By: snozberries on 07/24/12 at 1:02 am

So glad about the HK elimination. Maybe we can cut the drama by half now.

Written By: Dagwood on 07/24/12 at 6:24 am

I know, unfortunately it won't happen.  I have noticed a pattern, every time the women screw up they blame Barbie, even if Barbie had a good night.  I am surprised Kimmie didn't figure out how to blame her for the burnt catfish.

Happy with the elimination tonight.

Written By: snozberries on 07/24/12 at 8:29 am

I know, unfortunately it won't happen.  I have noticed a pattern, every time the women screw up they blame Barbie, even if Barbie had a good night.  I am surprised Kimmie didn't figure out how to blame her for the burnt catfish.

True. As much as I dislike Barbie, I'm sick of the blame game.

I was yelling at my tv - for real- when K said in her exit that B had been up 5x & K 1x I yelled "yeah &  2 or 3 of those times Gordon didnt think she belonged there" dumb ass.

What really gets me is this B's not a team player.  Short of a 2man/woman alliance none of them are team players they are all in it for themselves not the team. Besides the women are the best communicators I've ever seen in HK including B. if she weren't playing for the team she wouldn't talk. She gets in everyone's way because she's arrogant and thinks she cooks the best....just like everyone else on the team....both teams.

The men were killing me last week. clemenza is completely dillusional about his skills (or lack there of) ::)
Brian, or Justin/Jason, ya know one of the two chefs ::) on blue, was talking about the drama Robin caused. "before she got here we had no drama." he kept saying they never fought. BULLSHYT they always fought.....just not as much as the woman.

I thought I hated last season but season is right up there. I'm tired of classless, unlikeable, talentless chefs. Don't get me wrong I'd totally be up there getting a pic at a Paley event  :D  but id still hate them.

Written By: Dagwood on 07/24/12 at 7:04 pm

I was yelling at my tv - for real- when K said in her exit that B had been up 5x & K 1x I yelled "yeah &  2 or 3 of those times Gordon didnt think she belonged there" dumb ass.

What really gets me is this B's not a team player.  Short of a 2man/woman alliance none of them are team players they are all in it for themselves not the team. Besides the women are the best communicators I've ever seen in HK including B. if she weren't playing for the team she wouldn't talk. She gets in everyone's way because she's arrogant and thinks she cooks the best....just like everyone else on the team....both teams.

I know, K and the others are delusional.  No matter what goes wrong, B is to blame.  They all act the same, but it is a pack mentality against her.  They think they picked the wink link.  I wonder if they realize that they aren't getting to her. 

Written By: snozberries on 07/24/12 at 7:08 pm

I know, K and the others are delusional.  No matter what goes wrong, B is to blame.  They all act the same, but it is a pack mentality against her.  They think they picked the wink link.  I wonder if they realize that they aren't getting to her.

that's the best part...she's like "Bring it! You don't phase me!"  :D

Written By: Dagwood on 07/24/12 at 8:50 pm

that's the best part...she's like "Bring it! You don't phase me!"  :D

Exactly.  While I don't like her personally, it is nice to see the one the bullies find not let it get to her for a change. 

Written By: snozberries on 07/24/12 at 9:30 pm

Exactly.  While I don't like her personally, it is nice to see the one the bullies find not let it get to her for a change. 

Ditto.....

Just finished HK.  BEST EP. EVER.  :D

not goons give it away but I really enjoyed myself for the first time this season.....

Just started MC.  Don't have anything to give away  :D  But ihave to sat, watching Monti with my homie prawns that was hilarious.    You'll see why I call the prawns my homies  ;)

Written By: snozberries on 08/16/12 at 7:30 am

fracking olympics messing with my shows!  >:(

Soooo.... Don't know where I left off but I loved this week's Master Chef!  Team Helen Keller rules  :D   

Buh Bye David... I can't believe Graham is going to give that twit a job! Maybe as a bus boy or sous chef to the sous chef...  ::)

Oh and HK... final 6 still suck!  Those returning runner's up (even Bonnie - sort of)  kicked ass!

Written By: karen on 08/21/12 at 3:12 am

http://foodiegossip.blogspot.co.uk/2011/09/hells-kitchen-winners-where-are-they.html

Written By: karen on 08/21/12 at 3:14 am

This is the latest episode I've seen.

Re: Barbie not being a team player.  Maybe it's the way its edited but she often seems stand off-ish to me.  If she was more 'one of the gang' I think she would do better.

Written By: snozberries on 08/21/12 at 5:30 am

This is the latest episode I've seen.

Re: Barbie not being a team player.  Maybe it's the way its edited but she often seems stand off-ish to me.  If she was more 'one of the gang' I think she would do better.

I honestly think she was cast to play the villain (like Omarosa on the first Apprentice) like the producers purposely make her be the bitchy one to add drama. Or she really that stereotypical angry black lady (if so it makes me sad)

Written By: snozberries on 08/22/12 at 12:11 am

Hell's Kitchen. Seriously- they still can't cook....ugh. The right person went home.

Mc... Watching it now and dying laughing with the change up.

Monte is killing me  ;D
"what the hell is fish sauce and why does it taste like death?"
"I'm channeling Chirstine- just closin my eyes and tasting"

Written By: snozberries on 08/22/12 at 12:25 am

Becky & frank are sore losers. When Monte got top 3 with Christine's ingredients C was happy for Monte.
Both Becky & frank were pissed that C & Josh made top 3 w their ingredients. Btw C didn't know she was in the top 3 when she was happy for monte. Likewise frank didn't know either he still had two shots- Becky was screwed from the beginning  :P

And then Monte said she was happy for Josh when his dish was judged the best of the three. Frank & Becky s
Should go home.

Written By: snozberries on 08/22/12 at 12:33 am

Ummmm so what they are telling Josh is black folks eat at Graham's restaurant???  :D
Oprah, Jay Z & President Obama?  Hmmmm

That froo froo (frous frous?) jay z ate is tres frous frous!!  ;D

Alright I'm never eating. In Graham's restaurant there's no substinance to his meals.  8-P

Written By: snozberries on 08/22/12 at 12:52 am

Yay Christine

Poor Monte

Ha ha Becky

Poor Josh.....& um didn't graham say he would welcome alterations to his dish?

I missed Fanks or I've forgotten it. Oh well

Damn I was hoping Becky would go.  G

Bummer.  :\'(

Written By: Dagwood on 08/22/12 at 6:14 pm

I was bummed at who went home.  I agree on the sore losers.  Becky especially needs to grow up.  She isn't all that.

Christine for the win!

Written By: snozberries on 08/22/12 at 10:30 pm

I was bummed at who went home.  I agree on the sore losers.  Becky especially needs to grow up.  She isn't all that.

Christine for the win!

Totally. I hope Christine kills it. And I hope it's Christine & Josh in the finale.

Written By: Dagwood on 08/23/12 at 7:18 am

Totally. I hope Christine kills it. And I hope it's Christine & Josh in the finale.

That would be awesome.  I would love to see Becky go out third place just to see if her head explodes.

I think Christine has a good shot.  She is the only one that nailed the shashimi, down to the look of the plate....and she can't see.  She is awesome.

Written By: karen on 08/23/12 at 10:31 am

Oh and HK... final 6 still suck!  Those returning runner's up (even Bonnie - sort of)  kicked ass!

Just watched this episode.  I somehow missed the one after Kimmie went  :-\\

I do partly think Dana set up Clemenza and Robyn to fail.  But then they could have tried extra hard to not cock things up.

Written By: snozberries on 08/23/12 at 11:24 am

That would be awesome.  I would love to see Becky go out third place just to see if her head explodes.

;D

Written By: snozberries on 08/23/12 at 11:26 am

Just watched this episode.  I somehow missed the one after Kimmie went  :-\\

I do partly think Dana set up Clemenza and Robyn to fail.  But then they could have tried extra hard to not cock things up.

Wow Karen you're catching up!

Exactly.  I've been meaning to mention, Dana reminds me of someone I've seen on tv before. Maybe some other reality show contestant. If y'all have any ideas let me know. It's been driving me crazy 

Written By: karen on 08/23/12 at 4:21 pm

The show carried on here, but I think you had a break for the Olympics?  Not sure if the UK channel it is on is the one showing the paralympics or not.

Written By: snozberries on 08/23/12 at 5:13 pm

The show carried on here, but I think you had a break for the Olympics?  Not sure if the UK channel it is on is the one showing the paralympics or not.

Yeah we were in reruns during the Olympics. Glad you're closer. We'll try not to spoil the finale for you.

Written By: Dagwood on 08/23/12 at 5:39 pm

Exactly.  I've been meaning to mention, Dana reminds me of someone I've seen on tv before. Maybe some other reality show contestant. If y'all have any ideas let me know. It's been driving me crazy 

I don't know but it has to be someone screamy.  I have to mute whenever they do her private interviews...she needs to quit yelling.

Written By: snozberries on 08/23/12 at 6:30 pm

I don't know but it has to be someone screamy.  I have to mute whenever they do her private interviews...she needs to quit yelling.

;D

I think she as ADD or ADHD

Actually I think she just has the HD part.

Written By: tv on 09/22/12 at 10:31 pm

I saw mostly the second half of the season with the exception of a couple shows. Anyway "Hell's Kitchen" that chick Robyn she was on both teams and just didn't fit in. Kimmie and Barbie going at it I thought they might fight on one of the episodes. They were going at it.

Written By: tv on 09/22/12 at 10:34 pm

Today I watches the shows in reverse.

MC

Interesting twist bringing the eliminated cheftestants back
God Ryan's so arrogant and irritating. Someone needs to school him about his flavor elevator riff  ::) never mind.... Josh just did lol

Cute that Christine thought the "blind" taste test was going to conducted blind. Actually it's sad and they could've cut her embarrassing moment in editing

I'm midway thru HK. I'll post later.
Ryan reminds me of a jock in high school that you may not taking a liking too.

Written By: tv on 09/22/12 at 10:40 pm

I honestly think she was cast to play the villain (like Omarosa on the first Apprentice) like the producers purposely make her be the bitchy one to add drama. Or she really that stereotypical angry black lady (if so it makes me sad)
I liked Barbie actually except when she told Clemenza to serve the Risoto and Clemenza told her twice it wasn't ready. He served it anyway for some reason. I think Clemenza should know when Risoto is done I mean he is italian and from Staten Island after all. He shouldn't have served it but Barbie should have just have just left him alone to begin with.

Written By: tv on 09/22/12 at 10:55 pm

Christine for the win!
Becky fell apart on her last 2-3 dishes. Maybe she was overconfident. She photographs food I know so maybe that her disadvantage in the long run in the competition that she really wasn't a cook. I can't say what went wrong with her for sure. Josh beating Ryan in the 2nd chance competition to get back on the show didn't do Becky any favors either.

Written By: snozberries on 09/23/12 at 6:25 am

Becky fell apart on her last 2-3 dishes. Maybe she was overconfident. She photographs food I know so maybe that her disadvantage in the long run in the competition that she really wasn't a cook. I can't say what went wrong with her for sure. Josh beating Ryan in the 2nd chance competition to get back on the show didn't do Becky any favors either.

I really think stress got to her.  She seems to be one of those people who doesn't do well under pressure.
The further she got in the competition the more stressed out she became.  The more she stressed the more stupid mistakes she made.

Written By: Dagwood on 03/12/13 at 8:11 pm

New Hell's Kitchen!  (spoilers ahead)

I love how all of them are so happy to see Chef Ramsey....now.  Give it a couple of days. ;D

They start out at the airport in LA and he ends up sending them to Vegas.  One of the morons talks about the partying that is gonna happen.  Um, have you never seen this show? ;D

Signature dish challenge is in Vegas in front of a live audience.  Talk about nerve wracking.

Written By: Dagwood on 03/12/13 at 8:17 pm

One signature dish is stuffed steak.  Really?  Sounds disgusting

Written By: Dagwood on 03/12/13 at 8:40 pm

Most of the dishes were disgusting.  Not surprising.

Ladies win.  They get to be VIP guests in Vegas at Ceasar's Palace. 

The guys are going back to LA in a school bus.  Gordon says it should make it...sounds ominous.  And, one more thing, there seems to be a problem with the air conditioning.  Poor guys. ;D As they leave one of them says "if anyone sings wheels on the bus I will lose my mind"  As the bus leaves, the sound over is playing Wheels on the bus. :D

Written By: Dagwood on 03/12/13 at 8:43 pm

Sebastian is already making enemies by telling them.....everything. ;D  He may not make it back...they are threatening to toss him out the window.  One wants to play the quiet game. ;D

266 miles to go and the bus breaks down.  Yeah, didn't see that coming.

Written By: Dagwood on 03/12/13 at 8:51 pm

The ladies get to meet Celine Dion.  Now that would be cool.

They leave Vegas by plane and beat the men back.

Written By: Dagwood on 03/12/13 at 8:52 pm

One of the ladies, Gina, has a chef puppet.  Yeah, she might die before she gets a chance to get kicked out by Gordon. ;D

Nedra already trying to assert herself as boss.  I have a feeling I am not going to like her at all. 

Written By: Dagwood on 03/12/13 at 8:58 pm

Now Gina is already whining about hurting and having to get up.  She is acting like she is hallucinating.  Maybe she is just plain nutso.

Now they are calling for a medic for her.  Her chief complaint is her mind is wandering and she needs to relax her system.  She says she needs to be away from everything and concentrate on herself.  Drinking coffee and putting on makeup.  Yeah, she won't last.

Written By: Dagwood on 03/12/13 at 9:08 pm

Yay!  JP is back!  I love him!

Chef "guarantees" a complete service their first night back.  Yeah, right...don't see that happening.

An aside...I feel like I am talking to myself here.  I feel so all alone. :(

Written By: Dagwood on 03/12/13 at 9:18 pm

Gina cooks one perfect set of scallops then hits rock bottom.  Chef kicks her out of the kitchen and she blames the "bitches" on her team.  She is looking to be this season's psychopath.

Written By: Howard on 03/13/13 at 6:53 am

Is there a dish that he just loves instead of cursing that person out? ;D

Written By: snozberries on 03/13/13 at 10:15 am

Yay!  JP is back!  I love him!

Chef "guarantees" a complete service their first night back.  Yeah, right...don't see that happening.

An aside...I feel like I am talking to myself here.  I feel so all alone. :(

I'm here  8)

I love when Gordon talks to that dude about his side bowl of rice.... I just wanted it on the side...here's an idea then he dumps the rice on the plate  ;D

That one black dude. The vomited who finished for the men  8-P    Rememverthe black chuck w dreads? Terrell, teness.  Something like that? He's like her male counterpart. 

Sooo many of them feel like people we've seen before.  Nedra is the black um what's tha bitch's name from last season? The large southern one?  Anyway she reminds me of her.

Gina is a wacko! What did Sebastian do that got Jim kicked out/ called a comedian?  It's paleyfest- I'm tired I slept through a lot of the ep. 

I love that Jp is back. I'm gonna miss chef Scott  :(

Written By: snozberries on 03/13/13 at 10:16 am

Is there a dish that he just loves instead of cursing that person out? ;D

He likes it when the risotto and scallops are cooked perfectly.

Written By: snozberries on 03/13/13 at 10:18 am

Regarding the signature dishes.  You remember the woman who worked at a steak house but made Wahoo?

What the hell is wahoo?

Written By: Dagwood on 03/13/13 at 5:24 pm

Gina is a wacko! What did Sebastian do that got Jim kicked out/ called a comedian?  It's paleyfest- I'm tired I slept through a lot of the ep. 

I love that Jp is back. I'm gonna miss chef Scott  :(

Not totally sure.  Something to do with calling Zach, Zackie and I think Jim was just caught in the crossfire. 

I miss Scott already, too. 

Gina is a real doozie, isn't she?  Nedra may kill her before long. 

Written By: snozberries on 03/19/13 at 11:11 pm

you know there are few things I detest more than black people being all ghetto on TV..... Nedra annoys the crap out of me  >:(

Gina is an idiot.... the Gina/Nedra blow up was the lamest I've seen in a long time... Survivor's Brandon should come by and show them what a blow up really looks like  ::)

Mary/Mari....whatever.... her voice is so annoying.... she sounds all high pitched and whinny...I don't think she's capable of leading a kitchen..

Danielle can't butcher lamb
susan(?) can't cook it...
Mary can't cook risotto and has no idea how to do a wine reduction....neither do I but I ain't trying to get a job as a head chef
Christian can't cook scallops..
Jeremy has no idea how to be useful- unless you're a lobster then he's pretty good at keeping you alive a bit longer  :D
Mohawk dude talks a lot of smack but can't cook scallops either...

dude with a broken ankle is a freaking animal!  :D  I'd be crying in the bathroom...

I don't think the right person went home...tho all of them should/will but I think there were at least two or three better choices.

Written By: Dagwood on 03/20/13 at 7:18 am

Nedra is annoying. 

I laughed my butt off when Gina quit.  Really?  One little fight and everyone is bitches you can't work with?  Buh bye, crazy lady.

Written By: snozberries on 03/20/13 at 2:43 pm

Nedra is annoying. 

I laughed my butt off when Gina quit.  Really?  One little fight and everyone is bitches you can't work with?  Buh bye, crazy lady.

I like how she didn't wanna be called bitch but its okay for her to do it..

Right nowim hoping for one if the quiet ones to win.  ;D
Someone who's name I don't know because they aren't as interesting as the characters.

Check for new replies or respond here...