inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Dallas

Written By: meesa on 06/13/12 at 12:09 pm

Dallas is back with JR, Bobby, Sue-Ellen, and a bunch of young 'uns!

Did you watch it before; will you be watching the new one?

Subject: Re: Dallas

Written By: karen on 06/13/12 at 12:43 pm

Ah that explains the song theme for the radio programme I am currently listening to.  They've played Bobby's Girl; Don't Come the Cowboy with me, Sunny Jim; Family Affair and Stand By Your Man, amogst others

Only watched the original when Michael Praed was in it (or was that Dynasty?)

When JR was shot people at school asked me who I thought did it.  I had no clue who JR was

Written By: Ashkicksass on 06/13/12 at 1:07 pm

My mom and I watched the original, and I will definitely check the new one out! 

Written By: CatwomanofV on 06/13/12 at 6:32 pm

I saw the VERY first ep the VERY first time it aired. I didn't realize how popular it was until the "Who shot J.R." bit. It was shortly after that I kind of got bored with it.  :-\\

As for watching it now, probably not but I'm sure I will check it out just to see the old cast (well, the ones who are still alive.)

Cat

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 06/13/12 at 6:55 pm

Used to watch the original from time to time, although I liked Knots Landing (a spin-off) better. 

Maybe I'm dense, but I just don't see how it's gonna be any different then before.  I think my taste in t.v. has changed now, I don't really have much desire to watch petty squablings between siblings in an industry whose only impact to me is what I pay for gas (and everything else because when gas is expensive, prices rise ever more.)  I have no interest in it.  :-\\

Written By: meesa on 06/14/12 at 8:11 am

Well, I want two hours of my life back.  >:(

Ok, I want one hour of my life back. It was my own fault for punishing myself and watching the other hour thinking maybe it would get better. I sat thinking to myself whilst watching it..is this what entertained me back in my teenage years on Friday night (before I was old enough to go out)? It was horrible.

Everyone was sleazy, and the story lines are tired. Not to mention there was enough botox and plastic amongst the cast to make a yacht and putter around Lake Dallas.

I won't watch it again. Proven: You really can't shouldn't go back. Some things should not be revisited.

Written By: Ashkicksass on 06/14/12 at 9:41 am

Well, I want two hours of my life back.  >:(

Ok, I want one hour of my life back. It was my own fault for punishing myself and watching the other hour thinking maybe it would get better. I sat thinking to myself whilst watching it..is this what entertained me back in my teenage years on Friday night (before I was old enough to go out)? It was horrible.

Everyone was sleazy, and the story lines are tired. Not to mention there was enough botox and plastic amongst the cast to make a yacht and putter around Lake Dallas.

I won't watch it again. Proven: You really can't shouldn't go back. Some things should not be revisited.

What a bummer.  :(

Written By: loki 13 on 06/14/12 at 6:23 pm

I didn't see an episode of the original series, though I did watch Knots Landing, mainly for Joan Van Ark.

I did see the opening scenes of the new series but that was just to see Jordana Brewster covered in oil,
there seems to be a pattern here.  ::)

Written By: whistledog on 06/19/12 at 5:26 pm

I sadly do not get the TNT Network, so unless it airs on a Canadian channel, I won't be able to see it.  But I will just wait for the DVD.  I own the first 14 seasons as well as the 2 Movie collection on DVD, so I may as well keep the Dallas collection going.  Why can't it be on CBS like the original >:(

I wonder if they will ever remake Knots Landing as well?

Written By: Ashkicksass on 06/19/12 at 5:28 pm

Finally watched the Pilot. 

Total bummer... 

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 06/25/12 at 9:43 pm

I'm surprised Texas oilmen still have that much appeal!
8)

Written By: philbo on 07/04/12 at 8:15 am

Dallas has the only episode in the only soap opera I've watched all the way through (the one where JR was shot).

..notwithstanding that, I was in the trailer for the new series of Dallas that played over here (for about a second or so) :)

Written By: LyricBoy on 07/08/12 at 6:25 pm

The revived version is too hard to follow. Too many of the actors and actresses look the same.  Half the time I can;t remember who is who.

Except for the "classic" cast members like JR, Suellen, Bobby, Ray and Cliff.

I wonder if JR's loyal secretary, Sly  :-* , will be brought back for an appearance? ???

Check for new replies or respond here...