inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Bunheads!!! aka Gilmore Girls 2.0

Written By: snozberries on 06/13/12 at 3:10 pm

Don't let writer/creator Amy Sherman Palladino hear me calling her new series on ABC Family Gilmore Girls 2.0 because she thinks they are different... and, in a way, she is right.  After all Gilmore Girls was set on the east coast in a town called Stars Hollow and Bunheads is set in the west coast in a place called Paradise.  Paradise my ass! The town has no movie theater!  >:(  But I digress....

No I call Bunheads Gilmore Girls 2.0 because it is like Gilmore Girls in every way that matters.  The show is infused with Amy Sherman Palladino's rapid fire dialogue and pop culture references... the town is small and the people who inhabit it are loveable and a bit quirky (not as quirky as say Kirk or Babbette but close).  The music is very similar, the structure is the same and most importantly the heart is the same. 

Kelly Bishop, who you may remember from Gilmore Girls as the stiff lipped Emily Gilmore appears as the a dance instructor who danced with some fancy ballet company back in the day. She lives with her son in a house filled with dolls, clowns, paintings of all shapes and sizes. The house is cluttered but there are no signs that she is a hoarder. In fact, the house is quite clean, it's just that every nook and cranny, and every inch of wall space has something on or in it!  (Kinda like my apartment on steroids!)

Fanny (Bishop) is a no nonsense ballet teacher. There appear to be 5 girls who will be the regulars who stand out in the class. Sherman did a great job of identifying who these girls are early on and what they are like and what their hopes are.

The focal point of the series however is a woman who had a promising career as a dancer but threw it away to party in Vegas, she became a showgirl and woke up 10 yrs later and realized she wasted her potential. After botching an audition she gets drunk and ends up getting a quickie marriage to her "stalker" a shoe salesman who admires her and lavishes her with gifts. This man is Fanny's son and he moves Michelle to Paradise to live with his mother....

I admit... the title sucks but the show is fantastic.  Sutton Foster (Michelle) is still finding her voice as the lead in an Amy Sherman Palladino project but, let's face it, once you've seen Lauren Graham do it no one will ever live up to expectations.  Hell Parker Posey is a great actress, except when she was in Sherman-Palladino's short lived Jezebel James.... but I digress...

I'm completely in love with this series and want you to love it too...

Subject: Re: Bunheads!!! aka Gilmore Girls 2.0

Written By: ladybug316 on 06/13/12 at 6:13 pm

I will try to Hulu it tonight (or watch it on Hulu, or whatever the hell the lingo is....)

Written By: snozberries on 06/13/12 at 6:19 pm

I will try to Hulu it tonight (or watch it on Hulu, or whatever the hell the lingo is....)

hulu it is a totally acceptable term!  ;D

Written By: ladybug316 on 06/13/12 at 6:48 pm

I would call myself a nerd, but then I suppose a nerd WOULD know the lingo... :-\\ ;D

Written By: snozberries on 06/13/12 at 7:00 pm

I would call myself a nerd, but then I suppose a nerd WOULD know the lingo... :-\\ ;D

I think in this case you'd be safe. I think a geek would know the lingo but not necessarily a nerd.

I tend to think of nerd as intellectuals with ineptitudes and geeks are pop culturally saavy with their own set of ineptitudes lol

Written By: ladybug316 on 06/13/12 at 7:29 pm

Crap!  I don't even know how to apply the terms  :D 

Written By: ladybug316 on 06/13/12 at 8:41 pm

OK, I just finished watching it!  I'm hooked, even though the premise was a bit ridiculous.  I CANNOT believe the ending!  It broke my heart already!  Damn you, Amy Sherman Palladino!  PS, it was so cool to see Gypsy without the ponytails!

Written By: snozberries on 06/13/12 at 9:59 pm

OK, I just finished watching it!  I'm hooked, even though the premise was a bit ridiculous.  I CANNOT believe the ending!  It broke my heart already!  Damn you, Amy Sherman Palladino!  PS, it was so cool to see Gypsy without the ponytails!

Right? On all points....even the ponytails lol

Written By: ladybug316 on 06/13/12 at 10:33 pm

So, what night is it on?  I may just end up huluing it (look how geeky I am NOW  ;D)

I know this will kill you to hear, but I did want to take every single thing in that house and throw it out, though...

Written By: snozberries on 06/14/12 at 1:48 am

So, what night is it on?  I may just end up huluing it (look how geeky I am NOW  ;D)

I know this will kill you to hear, but I did want to take every single thing in that house and throw it out, though...

Monday's. 

Hey the house was a bit much for me too. If they'd used stuff I liked like action figures and tv memorabilia I'd've been all over it but they used clowns and creepy dolls and crappy paintings  ;D

I wanted to set a torch to the whole damn thing. Ha ha.

Written By: meesa on 06/15/12 at 12:40 pm

I caught this yesterday evening and loved it. I had seen commercials for it, but the title of the show and the commercials didn't do it justice.
Thanks for the recommendation, I have found a new show that I like! :)

Written By: snozberries on 06/15/12 at 12:52 pm

I caught this yesterday evening and loved it. I had seen commercials for it, but the title of the show and the commercials didn't do it justice.

You're welcome.... Yeah I had seen the ads while fastforwarding but never stopped to listen/watch so I had no clue. My friend, knowing what a huge Gilmore Girls freak I am, told me about it. We are now even because I am the reason she watched Gilmore Girls  :)

I'm usually more clued in to new shows so I was surprised to learn ASP had a new show I was unaware of but now that its on my radar I wanna make sure everyone watches and talks about. Lauren graham & Melissa McCarthy have found great jobs post GG. Now I hope the same for ASP & Kelly Bishop.
Alexis Bledel needs to choose better flicks  :-\\

Written By: snozberries on 06/19/12 at 1:00 am

Rewatching the pilot....just wanna share some of my favorite lines:

Michelle's friend is talking about getting a boob job and has just learned that it costs anywhere from five to seven grand....each

You pay per boob? If anything in the world should be sold as a pair it should be boobs!

HUBBLE: First time I saw you on stage I thought 'WOW!'
MICHELLE:  Did I fall?

HUBBLE: Michelle, let me take care of you....marry me.
MICHELLE: aw, hubble, no!
I'm like Goszilla, men run from me...they flee...not just Japanese men...all nationalities flee!

HUBBLE: I let my mother decorate.
MICHELLE: How very Graceland of you.
*Bumps into the buddhist alter, knocking over a vase..*
We're the flowers to the left or the right of the Zz Top guy

Fanny enters:

MICHELLE: Namaste.
FANNY: What?
MICHELLE: because you're Buddha
HUBBLE: -ist
MICHELLE: Ist. Buddhist

MICHELLE: you live with your mother like a serial killer?

FANNY: They got married in Las Vegas. Did Elvis do the ceremony?
MICHELLE: No. Just the guy who owned the drive thru.

MICHELLE: ....and Truly has got some serious I'm driving cross country in diapers to kill you potential.

MICHELLE: where'd you learn to kiss like that? Oh god! Don't say your mother!!!

Michelle talking to the ballet students about their Christmas recital

MICHELLE: Are you dressed as socks?
GINNY: it's was an original ballet based on really bad gifts

BOO: if I wire a red leotard I'd look like a crime scene.

MICHELLE: welcome to the audition for the sequel to Cats, working title Dogs.

Written By: meesa on 06/19/12 at 7:13 am

MICHELLE: ....and Truly has got some serious I'm driving cross country in diapers to kill you potential.

I looove it!  ;D ;D I laughed through the whole thing (til I almost cried at the end), but these parts had me laughing the hardest.

Written By: snozberries on 06/19/12 at 8:45 am

I looove it!  ;D ;D I laughed through the whole thing (til I almost cried at the end), but these parts had me laughing the hardest.

Yeah!  There were some classics in last nights too but I don't want to spoil it for the slackers so I'll wait til next week.

One that had me rolling (not a spoiler) is when Sasha said "we live in hell, it only gets worse of we have to go to Carpenteria". I live about 5 miles from Carp...it's not that bad but it's nothing right home about. Worth taking the extra 10 miles and go to downtown Santa Barbara (or anywhere in Santa Barbara instead) :-)

Written By: ladybug316 on 06/19/12 at 8:04 pm

I actually remembered to watch it.  :)  You just have to love ASP; really, absolutely.

One tiny critisism of Sutton Foster's physical acting:  I thought the slouch she was affecting was awkward, especially knowing that she's a dancer and just inherently would not slouch.  I get that she was conveying her mood, but literally moping about town with someone's random dog was bothersome to me in the slightest way.  Maybe it's just me.  I like her, though.  I mean, as you stated, Q, Lauren Graham set the bar pretty damned high, but she's fun to watch.

Written By: snozberries on 06/19/12 at 8:26 pm

I actually remembered to watch it.  :)  You just have to love ASP; really, absolutely.

One tiny critisism of Sutton Foster's physical acting:  I thought the slouch she was affecting was awkward, especially knowing that she's a dancer and just inherently would not slouch.  I get that she was conveying her mood, but literally moping about town with someone's random dog was bothersome to me in the slightest way.  Maybe it's just me.  I like her, though.  I mean, as you stated, Q, Lauren Graham set the bar pretty damned high, but she's fun to watch.

She's gonna take a minute to grow on me. I just figured the slouching was because she's so damn lanky lol.
Some of her facial expressions bug me. I don't dislike her I just keep picturing Lauren Graham (who probably can't dance) in the role  ;D

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 06/19/12 at 8:32 pm

Bunheads? ???

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/I5EYo9xii38/0.jpg

:o

Written By: snozberries on 06/19/12 at 10:09 pm

^ takes an asshat to know an asshat when he sees one  :P

Written By: ladybug316 on 06/20/12 at 9:46 pm

She's gonna take a minute to grow on me. I just figured the slouching was because she's so damn lanky lol.
Some of her facial expressions bug me. I don't dislike her I just keep picturing Lauren Graham (who probably can't dance) in the role  ;D

She's lanky, yes, but I'd assume it's inherent in her to push her shoulders back and create a nice line.  That's why it looks so awkward to me, because it was akward for her.  By the way, and this is total female snarkiness:  the reason you find her facial expression weird, I think, is because she doesn't have much of a chin.  It blends right into her neck. (OK, I'm putting my claws back in now)

Written By: snozberries on 06/20/12 at 10:02 pm

She's lanky, yes, but I'd assume it's inherent in her to push her shoulders back and create a nice line.  That's why it looks so awkward to me, because it was akward for her.  By the way, and this is total female snarkiness:  the reason you find her facial expression weird, I think, is because she doesn't have much of a chin.  It blends right into her neck. (OK, I'm putting my claws back in now)

Ha ha I never noticed her chin or lack there of. It's the way she screws up her face and something about the postion of her mouth.  But
Ostly I just want her to be LG so yeah I'm totally being judgemental.  :D

Written By: snozberries on 06/25/12 at 6:55 pm

New ep if bunheads in 6 mins
I'ma start with last weeks ep now and recapture my favorites lines.  ;D

Written By: snozberries on 06/25/12 at 7:25 pm

Ep Two: For Fanny

Love the car discussion. Too long to capture tho  :D
Love the "when they ask does this make me look fat I'm going to have to look"

Ooh ooh this is "the look" scene!!!! Classic!  ;D

This is long too but I gotta do it!

JENNY: Hubble was in a car accident last night
MELANIE: Madame Fanny's Hubble?
JENNY: yep.
SASHA: And?
JENNY: and he's *nods head*
MELANIE: What! He's what?
JENNY: you know.
MELANIE: I don't know!
JENNY GIVES HER "THE LOOK"
MELANIE: I don't know what that look means
SASHA: Melanie! (gives "the look")
MELANIE: I DON'T KNOW WHAT THAT LOOK MEANS EITHER!
SASHA: think! Focus! Follow the information to its obvious conclusion.  Hubble. Accident. Two weird looks.
MELANIE SHRUGS
JENNY HOLDS THE LOOK.
MELANIE:  (beat) OH! (beat) wow.

;D

FANNY: you think somewhere in the world there'd be a 24 hour tent store just for the novelty alone.

The look scene part two: 

The girls get Boo out of class.
JENNY: Did you hear?
MELANIE: Hubble was in a car accident last night and (tries to give the look)
BOO: and he's what?
MELANIE: See! She doesn't get the look either.
JENNY: he's (gives the look)
BOO: OH MY GOD! HE's dead?
MELANIE: oh come on!!! I just gave you that exact same look!
There's discussion about going to a movie
MELANIE: I don't understand I gave her the exact same look!
SASHA: you have other gifts!

:D

Written By: snozberries on 06/25/12 at 7:31 pm

Ellen Greene! Loved her on Pushing Daisies

ELLEN GREENE TALKING ABOUT HER WICCAN GROUPS CEREMONY PERFORMED IN OCEAN IN THE NUDE
FANNY: there'll be kids there
ELLEN GREENE: they can wear floaties

FANNY-Traditionally everyone should wear white robes or headbands
VALERIE PETTIFORD-We'll look like a cult
ELLEN GREENE-Or a Karate class

Written By: snozberries on 06/25/12 at 7:37 pm

SASHA: wake up Boo we live in hell the worst that could happen is we go to Carpenteria.

;D this is funny because Carp, while a sweet little hamlet, is sort of where the richies in SB go to slum. It's about 15 miles south of me and would be a great town by most standards but is sort of considered the hood here.  It's a misconception it's not that bad but then again given the choice between carp and SB I'll stick with SB.

OH and I'm 95% sure the fictional town of Paradise is actually Summerland it's nestled right between SB and carp. They have no movie theater and about 20 antique stores in a mile radius.

Written By: snozberries on 06/25/12 at 7:43 pm

"your dance space; my dance space". You can never go wrong with a dirty dancing reference!

Dance class girls:
I heard they found hos shoe 30 feet away
I heard they sti haven't found his face
MELANIE: I heard they just had sex right before he went out and (tries to give the look again)
SASHA: give it up Mel.
MELANIE: crap!

JENNY: after my grandmother died she haunted our car....
BOO: what'd you do?
JENNY: we sold it
BOO: you sold your grandmother?
JENNY: (nods) and bought a Skee-Doo

Written By: snozberries on 06/25/12 at 7:46 pm

Ellen Greene: she's awfully tall, was she ever a man?
Valerie Petiford: why would you say that?
Ellen Greene: I don't know. I think the town could use a woman who used to be a man to go along with the Republican and the Liza Mileni impersonator.

(one republican?) maybe it's Ojai lol but I don't think theres ocean views in Ojai (it's kinda in the mountains)

Written By: snozberries on 06/25/12 at 8:08 pm

MICHELLE: He's a monk. Their to do list consists of pray and...ya know...pray

FANNY: I take my spirituallity very seriously. If I don't see it with my own eyes I don't believe it'
MICHELLE: amen.

Watching her waking Shannon. Maybe they decided she walks like tgat because she wore a headdress for 10 years  ;D

TALIA calls:.....tell me everything (that's happened since u left Vegas)
I wanna take notes to tell the girls. GO
MICHELLE: We got here. I bought a dress. Went to a party. Fought with his mom. We had sex. Danced with his mom. He got in a car accident and now he's dead.
(beat) talia?
TALIA:  hmmmm
MICHELLE: say it
TALIA: nope
MICHELLE: say it
TALIA: NOPE
MICHELLE: Talia!
TALIA: you have the worst luck with men :
MICHELLE: yep there you go
TALIA: I've never seen anything like it.
MICHELLE: let it out
TALIA: it's like you're cursed. Or jinxed. Or built your house on an ancient Indian burial ground.

M: I'm walking an old guy's dog...and that's not a sexual euphemism

M: He is my service dog. When I get really drunk and pass out in the gutter he is my pillow.

Bartender: Whattya have?
M: What's not gross here.

You're the sex at the party girl.  ;D

Rico's wife further supports the Ojai theory. Ojai is where old hippies go to die  :D

Written By: snozberries on 06/25/12 at 8:14 pm

Maybe it's me but the house feels less cluttered than it was in the pilot.

The traditional Buddhist mariachi band you hired is on tour in Bolivia.

Great scene between Kelly Bushop and Sutton.

Sasha's a little more rounded in this ep as well. Who knew she'd be capable of compassion.

This is the scene Joel McHale made fun of on the Soup but it was taken out of context  >:(

Written By: snozberries on 06/25/12 at 8:18 pm

BOO: I didn't mean to scare you guys with hell
JENNY: it's okay, that's what hell is for.

Pop culture watch- I should've counted at the Dirty dancing reference...then Poltergeist
-Take a load off Annie ( to the dog in the bar)
-There's no crying in baseball...or ballet

Great ending. Can't wait to see what happens tonight.

Written By: meesa on 06/26/12 at 10:25 am

Third installment and I am loving it even more!

I guess I am not bothered by Sutton's expressions or the way she carries herself; I like her quirkiness and her expressions and the way she carries herself just emphasizes the awkward situation she has been thrown into-it works for me.

The only thing that I found myself getting a bit impatient with is the amount of time spent on the young girls vs the time spent on Fanny and Michelle. I am far more interested in their arc than the young 'uns. But then I don't like Secret Life or Pretty Little Liars because I am not in that demographic!

I still kind of wish they had kept Hubble around longer, but I understand why they did what they did.

Written By: 2kidsami on 07/08/12 at 10:21 am

Don't let writer/creator Amy Sherman Palladino hear me calling her new series on ABC Family Gilmore Girls 2.0 because she thinks they are different... and, in a way, she is right.  After all Gilmore Girls was set on the east coast in a town called Stars Hollow and Bunheads is set in the west coast in a place called Paradise.  Paradise my ass! The town has no movie theater!  >:(  But I digress....

No I call Bunheads Gilmore Girls 2.0 because it is like Gilmore Girls in every way that matters.  The show is infused with Amy Sherman Palladino's rapid fire dialogue and pop culture references... the town is small and the people who inhabit it are loveable and a bit quirky (not as quirky as say Kirk or Babbette but close).  The music is very similar, the structure is the same and most importantly the heart is the same. 

Kelly Bishop, who you may remember from Gilmore Girls as the stiff lipped Emily Gilmore appears as the a dance instructor who danced with some fancy ballet company back in the day. She lives with her son in a house filled with dolls, clowns, paintings of all shapes and sizes. The house is cluttered but there are no signs that she is a hoarder. In fact, the house is quite clean, it's just that every nook and cranny, and every inch of wall space has something on or in it!  (Kinda like my apartment on steroids!)

Fanny (Bishop) is a no nonsense ballet teacher. There appear to be 5 girls who will be the regulars who stand out in the class. Sherman did a great job of identifying who these girls are early on and what they are like and what their hopes are.

The focal point of the series however is a woman who had a promising career as a dancer but threw it away to party in Vegas, she became a showgirl and woke up 10 yrs later and realized she wasted her potential. After botching an audition she gets drunk and ends up getting a quickie marriage to her "stalker" a shoe salesman who admires her and lavishes her with gifts. This man is Fanny's son and he moves Michelle to Paradise to live with his mother....

I admit... the title sucks but the show is fantastic.  Sutton Foster (Michelle) is still finding her voice as the lead in an Amy Sherman Palladino project but, let's face it, once you've seen Lauren Graham do it no one will ever live up to expectations.  Hell Parker Posey is a great actress, except when she was in Sherman-Palladino's short lived Jezebel James.... but I digress...

I'm completely in love with this series and want you to love it too...
YES, I finally got to watch all 3 episodes... Dvr'd them and sat and watched them.  LOVE the show, as does my 10 year old who was sitting with me watching.  Does remind me of Gilmore Girls 2.0...  Probably because of Fanny/Emily and Michelle does look a little like Laureli (and the banter script makes them resemble each other even more so).  Yep troubled 30 something woman now repenting her ways... no child in this one, but it seems that she will be fostering 5 future dancers.

I will continue as I read further

Written By: 2kidsami on 07/08/12 at 10:22 am

The ending broke my heart as well!

Written By: 2kidsami on 07/08/12 at 10:26 am

Most of the stuff was very creepy... But I have never been into a the doll thing... and tchatski's  (reminds me of a buca di beppo gon awry).  EEK

Written By: 2kidsami on 07/08/12 at 10:27 am

Monday's. 

Hey the house was a bit much for me too. If they'd used stuff I liked like action figures and tv memorabilia I'd've been all over it but they used clowns and creepy dolls and crappy paintings  ;D

I wanted to set a torch to the whole damn thing. Ha ha.
I loved the comment about the "whole house is staring at me"

Written By: 2kidsami on 07/08/12 at 10:28 am

COMPLETELY AGREE!  I was expecting another teeny bopper drama about dancers... Which I guess they may be trying to get the teeny bopper crowd.

Written By: 2kidsami on 07/08/12 at 10:33 am

You're welcome.... Yeah I had seen the ads while fastforwarding but never stopped to listen/watch so I had no clue. My friend, knowing what a huge Gilmore Girls freak I am, told me about it. We are now even because I am the reason she watched Gilmore Girls  :)

I'm usually more clued in to new shows so I was surprised to learn ASP had a new show I was unaware of but now that its on my radar I wanna make sure everyone watches and talks about. Lauren graham & Melissa McCarthy have found great jobs post GG. Now I hope the same for ASP & Kelly Bishop.
Alexis Bledel needs to choose better flicks
:-\\
I am sorry.... I know you are speaking english, but I just cannot understand  :-\\  I know who Lauren Graham (loreli) and melissa McCarthy (sookie) are but the rest... LOST (OK NOW THAT I LOOK IT UP- GOT IT) sorry

Written By: 2kidsami on 07/08/12 at 10:38 am

Rewatching the pilot....just wanna share some of my favorite lines:

Michelle's friend is talking about getting a boob job and has just learned that it costs anywhere from five to seven grand....each

You pay per boob? If anything in the world should be sold as a pair it should be boobs!

HUBBLE: Michelle, let me take care of you....marry me.
MICHELLE: aw, hubble, no!
I'm like Goszilla, men run from me...they flee...not just Japanese men...all nationalities flee!

Fanny enters:

MICHELLE: Namaste.
FANNY: What?
MICHELLE: because you're Buddha
HUBBLE: -ist
MICHELLE: Ist. Buddhist

MICHELLE: you live with your mother like a serial killer?

FANNY: They got married in Las Vegas. Did Elvis do the ceremony?
MICHELLE: No. Just the guy who owned the drive thru.

MICHELLE: where'd you learn to kiss like that? Oh god! Don't say your mother!!!

Michelle talking to the ballet students about their Christmas recital

MICHELLE: Are you dressed as socks?
GINNY: it's was an original ballet based on really bad gifts

BOO: if I wire a red leotard I'd look like a crime scene.

MICHELLE: welcome to the audition for the sequel to Cats, working title Dogs.
TRULY is a reallll odd duck! 

Written By: 2kidsami on 07/08/12 at 10:40 am

Yeah!  There were some classics in last nights too but I don't want to spoil it for the slackers so I'll wait til next week.

One that had me rolling (not a spoiler) is when Sasha said "we live in hell, it only gets worse of we have to go to Carpenteria". I live about 5 miles from Carp...it's not that bad but it's nothing right home about. Worth taking the extra 10 miles and go to downtown Santa Barbara (or anywhere in Santa Barbara instead) :-)
OK - so what is Carpenteria????  joke was lost on me midwesterner....

Written By: 2kidsami on 07/08/12 at 10:44 am

But remember she is a dancer who dumped real dancing for vegas... She is a showgirl, I just thought they were trying to emphasize her "trashiness" (I guess, not the word but all I can come up with).  But her attitude when she enters the studio is extremely different - bringing back her trained dancing posture.  Her fighting her 2 lifestyles...

Written By: 2kidsami on 07/08/12 at 10:45 am

I actually think I sometimes transpose Lauren's face onto hers while I am watching the show. THen I blink and I am like WTF???  OH ya different show.

Written By: snozberries on 07/08/12 at 10:47 am

Glad you're on board Sami!!!!

New ep tomorrow.

Aside from the fanny/Emily and Michelle looking like loreli the similarities are in the production cues.
The are using the same musicians (or same style music) for the music cues and scene transitions. Borg shows are set in small towns with quirky characters.

Tge reason Michelle/Lorelei are so similar is because Amy is writing herself. It's what made GG so appealing in the first place.  Amy is Lorelei. & so is Lauren graham. I don't know sutton so I don't know what she's like but I know when Parker posey was cast in Jezebel James she did not know how to play Amy.

Kelly is more fanny than Emily. More of a free spirit than a conservative. The other nuances are the same tho.

Written By: 2kidsami on 07/08/12 at 10:49 am

Meow...  I personally think she has a beautiful cute chin.  BUT I think it get's lost by her forehead....  :D

Written By: 2kidsami on 07/08/12 at 10:51 am

Ha ha I never noticed her chin or lack there of. It's the way she screws up her face and something about the postion of her mouth.  But
Ostly I just want her to be LG so yeah I'm totally being judgemental.  :D
Sometimes I am not sure if she is smiling or grimacing in pain....  my interpretation though... 

Written By: snozberries on 07/08/12 at 10:53 am

Sometimes I am not sure if she is smiling or grimacing in pain....  my interpretation though... 

;D

Meow...  I personally think she has a beautiful cute chin.  BUT I think it get's lost by her forehead....  :D

I think, because she's a broadway actress, she hasn't learned that the camera amplifies everything you do so her big expressions become even bigger because she's usually in a close up or a two shot.

Written By: 2kidsami on 07/08/12 at 11:03 am

Ellen Greene! Loved her on Pushing Daisies

ELLEN GREENE TALKING ABOUT HER WICCAN GROUPS CEREMONY PERFORMED IN OCEAN IN THE NUDE
FANNY: there'll be kids there
ELLEN GREENE: they can wear floaties

FANNY-Traditionally everyone should wear white robes or headbands
VALERIE PETTIFORD-We'll look like a cult
ELLEN GREENE-Or a Karate class
I WAS JUST GOING TO MENTION THIS CONVERSATION :D  when I saw your above post, and when I went to hit reply I noticed this, and had to go back and read!  THis whole group made me LOL soo much.

Oh and the Intrepid conversation and coupons....  :D

Written By: 2kidsami on 07/08/12 at 11:05 am

SASHA: wake up Boo we live in hell the worst that could happen is we go to Carpenteria.

;D this is funny because Carp, while a sweet little hamlet, is sort of where the richies in SB go to slum. It's about 15 miles south of me and would be a great town by most standards but is sort of considered the hood here.  It's a misconception it's not that bad but then again given the choice between carp and SB I'll stick with SB.

OH and I'm 95% sure the fictional town of Paradise is actually Summerland it's nestled right between SB and carp. They have no movie theater and about 20 antique stores in a mile radius.
Thanks for clarifying... I thought it was some crazy carpet superstore.    :D  So I could live in Capenteria or Summerland then???

Written By: 2kidsami on 07/08/12 at 11:09 am

"your dance space; my dance space". You can never go wrong with a dirty dancing reference!

Dance class girls:
I heard they found hos shoe 30 feet away
I heard they sti haven't found his face
MELANIE: I heard they just had sex right before he went out and (tries to give the look again)
SASHA: give it up Mel.
MELANIE: crap!

JENNY: after my grandmother died she haunted our car....
BOO: what'd you do?
JENNY: we sold it
BOO: you sold your grandmother?
JENNY: (nods) and bought a Skee-Doo
Carpenteria I do not know.... But I do know that is ski-doo :D

sorry, I am not sure what possessed me!

Written By: snozberries on 07/08/12 at 11:11 am

Thanks for clarifying... I thought it was some crazy carpet superstore.    :D  So I could live in Capenteria or Summerland then???

You could live in Summerland for 2-20 million dollars.
You could live in a mobile home in Carp for about 120k but you'd pay $930 a month in space rent.
Condos/apts start at 335k homes at 500k

You'd do better in Santa Ynez or Buellton. Still expensive but closer to the country life style you're a costumed to. You can have cows in Buelkton and Santa Ynez.

Written By: 2kidsami on 07/08/12 at 11:12 am

Maybe it's me but the house feels less cluttered than it was in the pilot.

The traditional Buddhist mariachi band you hired is on tour in Bolivia.

Great scene between Kelly Bushop and Sutton.

Sasha's a little more rounded in this ep as well. Who knew she'd be capable of compassion.

This is the scene Joel McHale made fun of on the Soup but it was taken out of context  >:(
Again... my language barrier... UGGH - and I never watch Soup so I missed this.  SORRY :-\\

Written By: 2kidsami on 07/08/12 at 11:15 am

BOO: I didn't mean to scare you guys with hell
JENNY: it's okay, that's what hell is for.

Pop culture watch- I should've counted at the Dirty dancing reference...then Poltergeist
-Take a load off Annie ( to the dog in the bar)
-There's no crying in baseball...or ballet

Great ending. Can't wait to see what happens tonight.
I Recognized the poltergeist refernece, somehow missed Dirty Dancing but I knew it sounded familiar, I LOVE A league of their own and I knew it RIGHT AWAY....  perhaps pretty woman is next???  LOL

Written By: 2kidsami on 07/08/12 at 11:18 am

Third installment and I am loving it even more!

I guess I am not bothered by Sutton's expressions or the way she carries herself; I like her quirkiness and her expressions and the way she carries herself just emphasizes the awkward situation she has been thrown into-it works for me.

The only thing that I found myself getting a bit impatient with is the amount of time spent on the young girls vs the time spent on Fanny and Michelle. I am far more interested in their arc than the young 'uns. But then I don't like Secret Life or Pretty Little Liars because I am not in that demographic!

I still kind of wish they had kept Hubble around longer, but I understand why they did what they did.
I like the banter with the girls, but hey I have 2 girls....  Keeps my daughter interested too.

I loved the first episode, and I think it is because of Hubble - I loved his banter/dry sense of humor.  I wish he was around too!

Written By: snozberries on 07/08/12 at 11:24 am

I like the banter with the girls, but hey I have 2 girls....  Keeps my daughter interested too.

I loved the first episode, and I think it is because of Hubble - I loved his banter/dry sense of humor.  I wish he was around too!

As you may have noticed, I do my ep recaps on the day the new eps appear....this gives people a week to get caught up, and gives me a good reason to watch the eps twice. 

The last ep (from two weeks ago) will be re-capped tomorrow..... The new ep will be re-capped next week.

Written By: 2kidsami on 07/08/12 at 11:26 am

Glad you're on board Sami!!!!

New ep tomorrow.

Aside from the fanny/Emily and Michelle looking like loreli the similarities are in the production cues.
The are using the same musicians (or same style music) for the music cues and scene transitions. Borg shows are set in small towns with quirky characters.

Tge reason Michelle/Lorelei are so similar is because Amy is writing herself. It's what made GG so appealing in the first place.  Amy is Lorelei. & so is Lauren graham. I don't know sutton so I don't know what she's like but I know when Parker posey was cast in Jezebel James she did not know how to play Amy.

Kelly is more fanny than Emily. More of a free spirit than a conservative. The other nuances are the same tho.
YEP - DVR is set for all new episodes, in the case that I am not home to watch it!  LOVE the show though.  ALthough the first is my favorite of the 3!  Probably a good thing since that sucks you in. 

I love it, but if Amy is putting soo much of herself into it, won't it be hard to keep things new and original.  Never saw Jezebel James, never even heard of it  but that is because of my sheltered existence.  Yep I can tell Kelly is much more comfortable in the Fanny spot than in Emily. AND SHE gets to dance (what she loved to do in Dirty Dancing as well!) bringing back her chorus line days!

Written By: 2kidsami on 07/08/12 at 11:28 am

;D

I think, because she's a broadway actress, she hasn't learned that the camera amplifies everything you do so her big expressions become even bigger because she's usually in a close up or a two shot.
Yep... wait till she sees in Hi Def.... EEK, something Broadway never has to worry about - LOL

Written By: 2kidsami on 07/08/12 at 11:35 am

You could live in Summerland for 2-20 million dollars.
You could live in a mobile home in Carp for about 120k but you'd pay $930 a month in space rent.
Condos/apts start at 335k homes at 500k

You'd do better in Santa Ynez or Buellton. Still expensive but closer to the country life style you're a costumed to. You can have cows in Buelkton and Santa Ynez.
Ya well financially I probably couldn't live anywhere. 

You forget... I am not country born and bred.  That is my husband. I am only 13 years new to this country crap.  I lived in town all my life, the burbs of Chicago, small town, city you name it but it wasn't country.  It has it's moments but I could take sidewalks to walk someplace on any day!  Yep that is all I want, a 15 minute drive to target would be good too, but sidewalks and paved roads.  I WANT TO WALK (or ride my bike) dammit!!!!  I miss it, and I just cannot get over my fear when i am  on the gravel road. People go flying by, rocks fly at you and then the dust about does me in I have to have my inhaler with me. I want to WALK or bike SOMEWHERE!!!!  I am fat because all my life I have spent walking or riding somewhere and now I am terrified to.  ugg digress!  continue on. 

Written By: snozberries on 07/08/12 at 11:51 am

^ I was thinking about your girls. You may've only been country 13 yrs but that's their whole existence and they seem to love it. You'd be fine big/walking in Sy or B-Town but if you wanna be closer to a target you'd have to be near Santa Maria (Los Olivos could work) or Ventura.

Ventura is better....safer than Santa Maria. It's  a few miles from Oxnard so you get the big stores and small town feel in one. It's just a 30-40 minute drive to SB & maybe 45-60 mins to la. (longer depending on the time of day.

Written By: 2kidsami on 07/08/12 at 5:06 pm

^ I was thinking about your girls. You may've only been country 13 yrs but that's their whole existence and they seem to love it. You'd be fine big/walking in Sy or B-Town but if you wanna be closer to a target you'd have to be near Santa Maria (Los Olivos could work) or Ventura.

Ventura is better....safer than Santa Maria. It's  a few miles from Oxnard so you get the big stores and small town feel in one. It's just a 30-40 minute drive to SB & maybe 45-60 mins to la. (longer depending on the time of day.
LOL... Ok!  I will keep that in mind  ;)  O0 

Written By: 2kidsami on 07/09/12 at 7:37 am

UH OH....

Out of the blue last night my husband asks me "when is your bun show on?" 
I said "Monday nights I think...Why?"
"Cause I liked the last one you were watching"

Yep he caught the last 25 minutes or so of the 3rd episode.  He likes it, not sure if this is a good thing or a bad thing....

Written By: snozberries on 07/09/12 at 10:51 am

UH OH....

Out of the blue last night my husband asks me "when is your bun show on?" 
I said "Monday nights I think...Why?"
"Cause I liked the last one you were watching"

Yep he caught the last 25 minutes or so of the 3rd episode.  He likes it, not sure if this is a good thing or a bad thing....

It's a good thing!!!

Written By: 2kidsami on 07/09/12 at 9:05 pm

It's a good thing!!!
Wine in hand!  8)

Written By: snozberries on 07/10/12 at 10:20 am

Wine in hand!  8)

I was in La so I'll have to watch tonight....actually, I may have to wait til I get back from Comicon

Written By: 2kidsami on 07/10/12 at 8:38 pm

Does thIs show have a contract with the company who makes silk teardrop pendant lamps????  Always close ups and they are in main house, studio and guest house...

Written By: ladybug316 on 07/10/12 at 8:59 pm

So funny you said that, Cynthia!  I was wondering the same thing!

Written By: 2kidsami on 07/10/12 at 9:29 pm

So funny you said that, Cynthia!  I was wondering the same thing!
It has center stage atleast once (usually more) a show!  Yes it is a nice lamp, but it ain't that awesome! 

Written By: snozberries on 07/10/12 at 10:04 pm

They may have been given a deal on em. Or it's all they had in the budget. Or it's left over from Somme other set//s. of they talk about the lighting/design it's product placement. If they focus on a close up of it and stay there a beat longer....it's product placement. If its just in the background it's an unfortunate choice

I never noticed but will try to remember when I watch on saturday.

Written By: 2kidsami on 07/11/12 at 1:56 pm

They may have been given a deal on em. Or it's all they had in the budget. Or it's left over from Somme other set//s. of they talk about the lighting/design it's product placement. If they focus on a close up of it and stay there a beat longer....it's product placement. If its just in the background it's an unfortunate choice

I never noticed but will try to remember when I watch on saturday.
Well it is in the background... But it is in the forefront (them turning it on is shown) quite often!  So much so that I noticed it... 

Written By: ladybug316 on 07/11/12 at 8:10 pm

I know ASP has a certain shabby chic eclectic look, (which is not at all my style) but I'm going to assume they were from some other show because those lamps were actually popular in the early 2000's

Written By: 2kidsami on 07/17/12 at 8:51 am

I missed it last night!  Dvr should still be recording it!  Fingers crossed!

Written By: 2kidsami on 07/18/12 at 6:52 am

Yes!  It recorded and I got to watch it last night with hubby.  Now to watch it today with the girls!!!  There is some definite catching up in this thread :D  More "pop culture" references in it, even I caught them....  O0

Written By: snozberries on 07/18/12 at 6:01 pm

Not reading because i'm two eps behind and i still haven't pulled my favorite lines from Inherit the wind.  :D

Fanny and Michelle talking to Jerry about Hubble leaving everything to Michelle.
MICHELLE: ....Hubble and I were married for two days, that's it.  Less if you count the time I was conscious which is basically from valet parking to the nickle slots bathroom at the whiskey pete's.  16 hours TOPS.
The stuff about Hubble dressing as a groom every year for Halloween for 6 yrs and people thinking that he was a waiter until he convinced the old shut in lady to go with him dressed as a bride.

FANNY: I'm going to have to move in with Sissy Merkowski and the mummified corpse of her mother which I think she keeps in the refrigerator.

---we all know i'm not in love with the foot scene  8-P

Fanny's Passive Aggressive attitude trying to make herself a cup of tea.... i could quote the whole thing...but I won't.... just know i LOVE this scene!
:D

MICHELLE:  How will I know when to have the men with the tubes come suck the waste out of the ground?!?  ;D

FANNY:  You're selling? My home; my livelihood. All I have left in this world. Are  you throwing in the mug and the rusty tea kettle for an all cash offer? ......She gave you a magnet? It's sold let's go get boxes!

Private Road! et al....  ;D
MICHELLE: You can't look at my car?
LOU: Nope, sorry.
MICHELLE:  Well, isn't that what you do for a living?
LOU:  yep. MICHELLE: Okay... well can you just tow it for me then?
LOU:  Can't do that either.MICHELLE: Isn't that another thing you do for a living?
LOU: yeah
MICHELLE: Are you about to tell me there's no gorgonzola because this is starting to feel like the Monty python cheese shop sketch
LOU: You're on a private road
MICHELLE: I am? Oh I don't see a sign.
LOU: There is no sign, it's just that nobody's allowed to drive on the road without permission
MICHELLE:  Oh, okay I get it you can't drive on the private road but I'm barely on it.
LOU:  It's still a private road
MICHELLE: But there's no sign how was I supposed to know
LOU:  A private road's a private road.
MICHELLE: But i'm new.
LOU: Live and Learn
MICHELLE:  Wow! Lesson learned.

MICHELLE: You're telling me that two people went up there, disappeared and nobody knows what happened to them?
LOU: Private road.

MICHELLE: Officer Clayton will you please give Lou permission 3 ft to move his truck so that I can get a tow?
CLAYTON: Oh boyMICHELLE:  Let me guess.... private road?
CLAYTON:  Private road.
MICHELLE:  May I point out that there's no sign.
CLAYTON:  We don't like signs around here because it mars the landscape. Did you know you were entering a private road?
MICHELLE: NO! BECAUSE THERE'S NO SIGN!!!
CLAYTON:  There's no need to yell.
MICHELLE:  I'M NOT YELLING. Alright I'm yelling a little bit but THERE'S NO SIGN!!!
CLAYTON:  Everybody around here know's it's a private road.
MICHELLE: I'm freakin' new!

FANNY: This must be some kind of record for you. Three days in a new town and you're already handcuffed in the back of a police car.
MICHELLE: I'm not handcuffed I'm zip tied.
FANNY: Oh is there a difference? I have so much to learn from you..... Come on I sprung you. Is that the proper lingo?

GINNY: (to Boo)  If you come it will be a real sleepover party instead of just me and Mel sleeping together.... that sounded wrong.
MELANIE: It sounded like you are mah luv-ah!
GINNY: And I am not your luv-ah!

The scene between Boo and her mom is nice....
MICHELLE: Why is it the people on nude beaches....
GRANT: ....are never the ones you want to see naked?

MICHELLE: But seriously how many times can you hear Copa Cabana without totally siding with Rico.  :D

GRANT: I don't get the Gazette, paper boy won't come up the
MICHELLE: private road.  ;D

MICHELLE: Suddenly I'm septic tank girl.  :D

Other pop culture references besides Barry Manilow & Copa Cabana  and Monty Python....
"Go ahead, make my day"
Dust in the Wind.

Written By: snozberries on 07/18/12 at 7:32 pm

Better Luck Next Year:

The entire contents of Michelle's previous apt have just arrives and have been unloaded outside the guest house.

MICHELLE: (to movers) I don't have enough inside for all of this stuff to go in.

FANNY:  What's going on here?
MICHELLE: I'm being robbed in reverse!  :D :D

MICHELLE:  I took this place in Vegas, partially furnished, because at the time I was coming off of a partially unhappy relationship with this guy that I lived with, more unhappy than partial, and I thought great less stuff to buy but OH MY GAWD! The stuff in this apartment I mean the grandfather clock actually has  a cutout like Clemenza used it to stash a gun for Michael to kill the police chief with!
FANNY: Wait! Who killed a police chief?
MICHELLE:  Michael in The Godfather
FANNY: Oh My God, How long did I tune you out that you went all the way there.

BOO'S MOM:  Popcorn's a whole grain. The southern lady on the food network with the diabetes said so! O0

FANNY: Why are your doors open?
MICHELE: Why are you here?
FANNY: And why are your windows open?
MICHELE: Is everything okay?
FANNY: Aren't you freezing?
MICHELE: It's freezing in here.
FANNY: That's what I just said.
MICHELE: Are the windows open?
FANNY: And the door!
MICHELE: I left the door open?
FANNY: We've got to get out of this mobious strip of conversation or I'll scream. 
MICHELE: Get used to it, I'm slow to awaken.
FANNY: We don't sleep together why should I get used to it.

MICHELLE: Me and your guy, the guy with the beard. He was outside and asked if he could help.
FANNY: I don't have a guy.
MICHELLE: Well then who the hell was that.
FANNY: I don't know. Maybe a stalker or Charlie Manson's kid brother.
MICHELLE: I thought he was your guy. Boy, the beard made him seem so kind. Like Lincoln.

Fanny describes a book her mother gave her at 16 "It was this ancient little tiny leathery thing"
MICHELLE: Sounds like my Vegas landlord.  :D

MICHELLE: Wow.... there are still fax machines?

TRULY: I'm not good at breaking ties... I'm good at being in the majority after the majority has already voted so that I can see which way things are going....that's my thing.

MICHELLE: I think I figured out why Sylvia Plath killed herself. She was trying to hang a curtain rod. She probably tried to hang herself on the curtain rod but it broke so it was on to plan B.

HA HA!!!! well Paradise is neither Summerland nor Ojai....
FANNY: Ojai it's that slum 30 miles north of here.  It's the kidnapping capital of California. They mistreat animals too.  ;D
MICHELLE: So wait. Ojai, now that I think about I've heard really good things about that place.
FANNY: Impossible.  It's dirty and all the people are high on mushrooms and wear sandals.  (remember a few posts back when I said it was full of hippies?  :D )
MICHELLE:  No, on TV. I saw this whole thing about it on Samantha Brown. OOOh she was walking around this great spa, getting seaweed wrapped, playing golf on this gorgeous course, and at pink hour they served a giant platter of shrimp.
FANNY: I don't know who this Samantha Brown is but she sounds like an idiot.
MICHELLE: No, no, no she's this ex actress and now she has a travel show and she gets to go to fun places.
FANNY: Well she's obviously a very good actress if she made you believe she liked Ojai because Ojai is a pit.
MICHELLE:  She doesn't act on her show, it's just her walking around places.
;D

FANNY: I'll just go out back to the barn and get my goose that lays the golden egg and I'll squeeze one of those little suckers out of her; one should do it. Or, how 'bout this, I'll wait for the magical rainbow that will lead me to where the spritely elf has hidden the pot of gold, and I'll grab those gold coins and whatever other treasure he has...maybe a crown, or some inguts and then I'll fix the floor.
MICHELLE: I'm picking up a wee bit of snark here so I'm going to take my tool box and leave you to spiral down the rabbit hole you've just  jumped into. Send a post card  :D

MICHELLE: I do not have a pen. They all got lost in the great Vegas Furniture On Slaught of Twenty Twelve.

TRULY: Flat head, Philips head.
MICHELLE: Who's Philip?
TRULY: I don't know.

MICHELLE: You have one of those welcome bells, very Mayberry.

MICHELLE: No one wants to do me or your floors.  ;D

Paradise must be Camarillo....tho they have a movie theater... maybe Agoura Hills. (any further south and most people would just go to LA.

MICHELLE:  found a town, a bigger town, north of here.  With multiple resources for fixing a dance floor.  Friendly looking guys featured in the ads. Can't tell how horny they are but I'll find out when I get there.
FANNY: What town?
MICHELLE:  Oh it's a weird name like a joke name, almost a dirty name. Ox Nard (Jeff's home town) so get in the car we're driving to Ox Nard.
FANNY: I've spent my whole life avoiding Oxnard.
MICHELLE: So you know it?
FANNY: Of course I know it.
MICHELLE: We we are both Ox Nard bound and I am willing to flirt with multiple Oxnardians because Jodfrey's not going to Ojai!  ;D

FANNY: Best view of Oxnard is in the rear view mirror.  ;D

MICHELLE: for some reason I'm not hot in california. Especially Oxnard. Ew Oxnard.

FANNY: Young lady when you get to be my age you know how to lead a man on, get him to do what you want, give him nothing and send him crying home to his wife.
MICHELLE: Just be safe
FANNY: As long as he does the floors
MICHELLE: And not you.

Other pop culture mentions...
Blue Velvet
David Copperfield
John Bonham (I had to look it up :-\\ )
Game of Thrones.... Ned Starked her.
Nurse Jackie
Jason Priestly
Did you seduce him Mrs Robinson

Written By: snozberries on 07/18/12 at 7:33 pm

I sure hope that dream isn't foreshadowing that she's pregnant!

Written By: snozberries on 07/18/12 at 8:41 pm

Money for Nothing

FANNY: It's not a rat.  It's a possum
MICHELLE: Oh good
FANNY: Which is basically a really big rat
MICHELLE: Okay have you ever worked at a crisis hotline before because you got mad people skillz.
FANNY: It won't hurt you, they only attack if they're in heat. Or is that bears? I don't know I'm not Jack Hannah.  Grab a frying pan and bang it on the head.
MICHELLE: Okay first of all I don't cook. And second of all I'm not banging it on it's head cuz if I do and his giant rat friends get wind of it they'll start circulating giant rat wanted posters with my face on them and I could wake up one morning surrounded by a giant rat posse. Come save me!
FANNY: I'm hanging up now.
MICHELLE: To come save me?
FANNY: Yes. (Hangs up)
MICHELLE: She's not coming to save me.
POSSUM: HISS! HISS! 
ME:
      http://chimpmania.com/forum/images/icons/smiley_ROFLMAO.gif

FANNY: She has a visitor in her bedroom.
TRULY: AH, ALREADY!

MICHELLE: You know Truly, I can't go back in there until he's gone, maybe I could bunk with you tonight? What do you say?
We could practice kissing our pillows, pull a Fast Times at Ridgemont High with some carrot sticks.
TRULY: I never know what you're talking about.
FANNY:  Neither does she.

Written By: snozberries on 07/18/12 at 8:56 pm

Paying Season  ;D

FANNY: Twice a year Truly and I go through my bills, add up what's owed, sort out who gets what, balance the books, write the checks and settle all my business accounts.
MICHELLE: I'm sorry, clarify, you only pay your bills twice a year
FANNY: That's the way we do it in Paradise, everyone has a paying season, don't they Truly?
TRULY: Un Huh.  Mine is when the bills come in but Fanny's system works great too.

FANNY: I divide all my bills into four hat boxes
Box number one is for people who have to get paid, like electric.
MICHELLE:  You only pay your electric bill twice a year?
FANNY: I've known Fred forever.
Box number two is for people who should get paid; they've earned it. They've waited. so they get first shot after people in box number one, the ones that have to get paid.
Now Box number three is for people who might get paid. Maybe they were too aggressive in the billing practices or rude to deal with. whatever the reason, they need to wait until the other accounts are settled and if there's anything left over we will see what we need to do.
Now this last box, we're not sure what's in here. There are a lot of things that might be receipts or they might be trash but we're keeping them in case we get audited.
MICHELLE: Every day in your house is like a Kristen Wiig Film Festival.
FANNY: Go away now, we're busy
MICHELLE: Okay but I'm taking the nuts. These nuts. You two can stay where you are.

;D

Written By: snozberries on 07/18/12 at 9:26 pm

SASHA: What's that smell?
GINNY: I know, all of the sudden it totally stinks.
MELANIE: Are there horses on the property?
SASHA: No, it's not that, did the septic tank back up?
GINNY: No it's more of smell like when my mom makes chilli
MELANIE: You're right it smells like a superbowl party
GINNY: but an old superbowl party from like the first superbowl and it's all covered in burnt microwave popcorn.

A tush is a terrible thing to waste.

MICHELLE:  Fanny, there's an ass man in your bushes who wants to know what box he's in....could that sound any dirtier  :D

Look at her eyes! She's the girl who hides the chicken under her bed in Girl Interrupted!

SASHA: We are young women with no monetary stability at the moment and yet are so, so hungry.
GINNY: Alyssa Milano cries when she sees us.

the stuff with the "god"  ;D

the stuff with the accountant  ;D ;D ;D

MICHELLE: How many students in the school?
ERIC: 75
MICHELLE: How many pay?
ERIC: 9
MICHELLE: NINE? NINE? NINE?
FANNY: You sound like a German
MICHELLE: NINE? NINE? NINE?

MICHELLE: Hello Moon Doggie!!!
(The girls tell her his name)  So you're waiting for Godot?

First thing you need to know about guys like that is to keep your sentences short. Don't mention Tolstoy or math, it'll just make you sad. Oh, it really helps if you've got a car and an income cuz that guy's got nothin'. And he never will. no money, no car, no thoughts of money or a car. Trust me if there's a second set of shorts at home you have hit the jackpot. Oh and he won't start showering until he's 30 or he's been skunked, don't know why- it's a thing. Young pretty guys like that will do anything to get out of bathing. Johnny Depp moved to france.

Written By: snozberries on 07/18/12 at 9:27 pm

Sutton's totally grown on me... I like her now.  :)

Written By: snozberries on 07/18/12 at 9:45 pm

GODOT: Want something from the bar?
SASHA: Sure... i'll take a...Temple Grandin.

You want fame well fame costs and right here is where you start paying.... in money.... I know you thought I was going to say sweat but we don't need sweat we need money.

I don't do anything half-assed.
Currently you don't do anything at all.

Written By: snozberries on 07/19/12 at 11:51 am

Does thIs show have a contract with the company who makes silk teardrop pendant lamps? ???  Always close ups and they are in main house, studio and guest house...

I watched the eps....kinda forgot to look for the lamps so I didn't notice them....the fact that I didn't notice them means they are not product placement because it would've been way more obvious if it had been.  ;)
I'm back to thinking small budget so they used props from the prop warehouse that have been used on other sets.

Written By: snozberries on 07/19/12 at 11:54 am

Yes!  It recorded and I got to watch it last night with hubby.  Now to watch it today with the girls!!!  There is some definite catching up in this thread :D  More "pop culture" references in it, even I caught them....  O0

YAY! You're watching it twice too!!!

I'm going to have to rethink this capturing the classic moments thing I've been doing...it was fine when it was one line or one scene but the lengthy exchanges are killing me because they are so good but so damn hard to capture.  Funny thing is, I look at the stuff and it's not as funny written out..... but the delivery is perfect.  I can't imagine how ASP can take some that looks meh on the page and turn it into comic genius...

AWESOME!!!

Written By: meesa on 07/22/12 at 3:24 pm

Funny thing is, I look at the stuff and it's not as funny written out..... but the delivery is perfect.  I can't imagine how ASP can take some that looks meh on the page and turn it into comic genius...

AWESOME!!!

Agreed. I desperately *hope* others will watch this, as it is easy to enjoy and get hooked. So many of the shows that I have liked (Pushing Daisies for one) were cancelled undeservingly because they were sooooo good to watch!

Do you find yourselves identifying with certain behaviors? I definitely identify with Michelle's freak out and verbal babble reaction to the possum in her bed; exactly what I would have done. And Fannies bill sorting logic is not unlike what I go through monthly on my very meager income!  ;D ;D

Written By: snozberries on 07/22/12 at 3:45 pm

Agreed. I desperately *hope* others will watch this, as it is easy to enjoy and get hooked. So many of the shows that I have liked (Pushing Daisies for one) were cancelled undeservingly because they were sooooo good to watch!

Do you find yourselves identifying with certain behaviors? I definitely identify with Michelle's freak out and verbal babble reaction to the possum in her bed; exactly what I would have done. And Fannies bill sorting logic is not unlike what I go through monthly on my very meager income!  ;D ;D

Ha Ha Ha I live by Fanny's billing season philosophy!  ;D   
I was thinking she was quite calm finding a possum in her bed... My ass would've been screaming and scrambling to get out of bed....of course that would've made the damn thing move which would be way worse than it just sitting there staring at me.  ;D

Written By: snozberries on 07/24/12 at 1:08 am

Wasn't gonna pull my quotes til next Monday but this is too good not to share.

Gypsy. I mean whatshername  :D
"When Judy Blume put out that book Wifey I was first in line to buy it. Why? It's dirty. The woman who gave you Are You There God? It's Me Margaret writes a dirty book I'm gonna read it. Twice....once to my kid"  ;D

Written By: snozberries on 07/24/12 at 1:23 am

Only one angel stayed for the entire run of Charlie's Angels.

Written By: 2kidsami on 07/25/12 at 9:39 am

Ignoring posts!  I did not get to watch this week yet due to fair festivities.... Perhaps next Sunday!!!

Written By: snozberries on 07/25/12 at 10:31 am

Ignoring posts!  I did not get to watch this week yet due to fair festivities.... Perhaps next Sunday!!!

no spoilers in my posts... one line quoted in the first minute of the ep...and one comment on an error re a pop culture reference in the middle of the ep...

Written By: meesa on 07/26/12 at 10:03 am

I am resisting commenting for this reason!  :)

Written By: 2kidsami on 08/03/12 at 11:47 am

no spoilers in my posts... one line quoted in the first minute of the ep...and one comment on an error re a pop culture reference in the middle of the ep...

I am resisting commenting for this reason!  :)
Thank you both!  I avoided this (partly because I just did not have time to be here, and because I didn't want to be tempted to read spoilers; because I am just that way....  mystery books I read the last chapter early every time!) thread. 

Well I have now watched the last 2 weeks, so we may commence speaking.  I am completely confused with the dance sequence at the end with sasha in it....  what the hell is going on?  I must have missed something and need to re watch.

Written By: meesa on 08/03/12 at 3:48 pm

Thank you both!  I avoided this (partly because I just did not have time to be here, and because I didn't want to be tempted to read spoilers; because I am just that way....  mystery books I read the last chapter early every time!) thread. 

Well I have now watched the last 2 weeks, so we may commence speaking.  I am completely confused with the dance sequence at the end with sasha in it....  what the hell is going on?  I must have missed something and need to re watch.

If you figure it out let me know..I just thought maybe it was an abstract reference to her character?  :-\\

Written By: 2kidsami on 08/04/12 at 5:33 pm

If you figure it out let me know..I just thought maybe it was an abstract reference to her character?  :-\\
Well I rewatched.... no revelation. 

Written By: snozberries on 08/05/12 at 8:05 pm

I think it was filler. There was probably a little tine left and it was easier to out that in rather than go back and re edit full scenes.

They mentioned goleta in the last ep.  Some of you may recognize the name from those Christmas cards you e sent me  ;)

I wish Goleta did have a food truck festival. We still have more taco rucks than food trucks but if we had actual food trucks like in la (I've seen two in town) then I'd be all over it!!!

Missedhaving fanny but loved Michelle talking as both she and fanny.
I have to forgo the quoting. Soooo many great lines and it's hard to do on the phone.

The girls amuse me more and more as their characters get better developed.

One error when Trudy talked about fanny on twitter she said @ojaioyd the guy who did the floors.  That floor guy was from Oxnard not Ojai.  One of tge problems with setting and referencing my hood is I'm going to remember all the minute details people forget or never picked up in the first place.

I think a staff writer made that mistake. But oh well. Ill learn to let it go.

Did u guys notice Davis the Plumber was the guy who played Lane's husband Zack on Gilmore Girls???

Written By: 2kidsami on 08/07/12 at 7:17 am

I think it was filler. There was probably a little tine left and it was easier to out that in rather than go back and re edit full scenes.

They mentioned goleta in the last ep.  Some of you may recognize the name from those Christmas cards you e sent me  ;)

I wish Goleta did have a food truck festival. We still have more taco rucks than food trucks but if we had actual food trucks like in la (I've seen two in town) then I'd be all over it!!!

Missedhaving fanny but loved Michelle talking as both she and fanny.
I have to forgo the quoting. Soooo many great lines and it's hard to do on the phone.

The girls amuse me more and more as their characters get better developed.

One error when Trudy talked about fanny on twitter she said @ojaioyd the guy who did the floors.  That floor guy was from Oxnard not Ojai.  One of tge problems with setting and referencing my hood is I'm going to remember all the minute details people forget or never picked up in the first place.

I think a staff writer made that mistake. But oh well. Ill learn to let it go.

Did u guys notice Davis the Plumber was the guy who played Lane's husband Zack on Gilmore Girls???
Well if it is just filler.... can someone please make it relate, LOL

I noticed the floor ojai/oxnard mistake...  and I did notice the plumber being from gilmore girls, but I could not remember exactly where for.

Written By: snozberries on 08/07/12 at 11:16 am

Well if it is just filler.... can someone please make it relate, LOL

I noticed the floor ojai/oxnard mistake...  and I did notice the plumber being from gilmore girls, but I could not remember exactly where for.

It relates because it's a show about dancers.  :P
Plus they have a choreographer on the books so they need to justify paying her.  ;)

There's more dancing this week but it meshes better with the storyline

I love the scene where the girls are watching the ginger Rogers / Fred Astaire dance.
"they talked faster in those days." "it's funnier when they talk faster". (that's the foundation the Amy Sherman Palladino scripts are built on). Also one of the girls mentions the dance is shot in one long take. The dance Sasha & Jordan do is also shot in one long take. Look at the complicated moves and all the movements of the people in the background. To do tgat in one shot, no cuts,  is quite impressive.  I wonder how many takes until they got it right.

Written By: 2kidsami on 08/20/12 at 5:59 pm

It relates because it's a show about dancers.  :P
Plus they have a choreographer on the books so they need to justify paying her.  ;)

There's more dancing this week but it meshes better with the storyline

I love the scene where the girls are watching the ginger Rogers / Fred Astaire dance.
"they talked faster in those days." "it's funnier when they talk faster". (that's the foundation the Amy Sherman Palladino scripts are built on). Also one of the girls mentions the dance is shot in one long take. The dance Sasha & Jordan do is also shot in one long take. Look at the complicated moves and all the movements of the people in the background. To do tgat in one shot, no cuts,  is quite impressive.  I wonder how many takes until they got it right.
I have ALWAYS loved Ginger Rogers/Fred Astaire movies (as well as Gene Kelly, Frank Sinatra, and Cary Grant movies - LOL). So I loved the reference, and now I know it is not necessarily a complete coincidence that I like Amy Sherman Palladino shows.  Can't wait for tonight's episode!

Written By: snozberries on 08/20/12 at 9:05 pm

I have ALWAYS loved Ginger Rogers/Fred Astaire movies (as well as Gene Kelly, Frank Sinatra, and Cary Grant movies - LOL). So I loved the reference, and now I know it is not necessarily a complete coincidence that I like Amy Sherman Palladino shows.  Can't wait for tonight's episode!

I'm about to watch now. I'm so sad it's the season finale already.

Written By: 2kidsami on 08/23/12 at 10:08 pm

Woo HOO!  They bought 8 more shows!

Just wish they were on now and I did not have to wait till January!  Also wish it was season 2!

Written By: Tam on 08/23/12 at 10:14 pm

Having only read the first post, I am going to see if I can find it On Demand. ;)

I loved Gilmore Girls!!!

ETA: w00t!!! It is On Demand! Guess what I am starting tomorrow??!!??!! 8)

Written By: snozberries on 08/24/12 at 2:57 am

Having only read the first post, I am going to see if I can find it On Demand. ;)

I loved Gilmore Girls!!!

ETA: w00t!!! It is On Demand! Guess what I am starting tomorrow??!!??!! 8)

OMG TAM IM SO HAPPY FOR YOU! & jealous. Wish I could relive it new again!!!!  Text me tho- ill live log it with ya!

Written By: meesa on 01/03/13 at 3:00 pm

and...for those of us that watch, don't forget the winter premiere is this Monday!  ;D

Written By: snozberries on 01/03/13 at 9:58 pm

and...for those of us that watch, don't forget the winter premiere is this Monday!  ;D

It's all over my fb page! Sorry I should've mentioned it here. I can't wait. Wish ABC family had a full marathon this weekend. I'd watch it.

Written By: meesa on 01/04/13 at 8:19 am

It's all over my fb page! Sorry I should've mentioned it here. I can't wait. Wish ABC family had a full marathon this weekend. I'd watch it.

so would I. The sneak peek that I saw the other night looked promising.  :)

Written By: snozberries on 01/04/13 at 10:49 am

so would I. The sneak peek that I saw the other night looked promising.  :)

I don't do sneak peeks  ;)

I do know Sutton Foster's real brother is going to be on...I think he plays her brother.  ;D

Apparently he's a tony winning (or nominated) broadway star.

Written By: 2kidsami on 01/07/13 at 9:18 pm

they had one New Years Day.... 

I had to DVR it, having hard time not watching it, but I promised girls I wouldn't (it does not show till 8 here, and the girls, just getting back into the swing of bed time/school nights again, I did not want to leave them stay up this time).  Can't wait till tomorrow!

Written By: 2kidsami on 01/09/13 at 9:07 pm

I had to DVR it, having hard time not watching it, but I promised girls I wouldn't (it does not show till 8 here, and the girls, just getting back into the swing of bed time/school nights again, I did not want to leave them stay up this time).  Can't wait till tomorrow!
finally saw it!  We can't wait for next week!

Written By: meesa on 01/13/13 at 1:05 pm

I loved it last week! The end was so touching, and I loved the Duckie/molly ringwald reference. :)

Written By: snozberries on 01/13/13 at 4:04 pm

I must've run my search late because when I looked there were 4 eps scheduled. I could've sworn that was a week before New Years tho. Too bad I missed it.

Finally watched the ep last night. It was great!

Written By: 2kidsami on 01/15/13 at 7:11 pm

Just got to watch last nights episode!  I loved Paris as Trulee's sister/landlord! 

I also loved the Katniss comment!  There were lots I loved but those two stuck!

Written By: meesa on 01/16/13 at 10:42 am

Just got to watch last nights episode!  I loved Paris as Trulee's sister/landlord! 

I also loved the Katniss comment!  There were lots I loved but those two stuck!

It was very good. For me, this show just keeps getting better.  :) So much so than most of the other stuff on the tube now.

Written By: snozberries on 02/05/13 at 9:34 am

Loved the scenes last week with Sutton Foster (Michelle) and her real life brother (cast as her fictional brother)

They were really fun to watch.  Last night's ep (I have yet to watch) features Lolita Davidovich as Michelle's mom... that should be interesting!

Written By: meesa on 02/05/13 at 2:53 pm

Loved the scenes last week with Sutton Foster (Michelle) and her real life brother (cast as her fictional brother)

They were really fun to watch.  Last night's ep (I have yet to watch) features Lolita Davidovich as Michelle's mom... that should be interesting!

I won't spoil it for you and say anything about this weeks ep. :)

I really liked last weeks ep too. I did not know that 'Scotty' is Suttons brother in real life -it would certainly explain how well they worked together! A bonus for me was the ukelele duet at the end. Very sweet.

Written By: snozberries on 02/05/13 at 5:40 pm

I won't spoil it for you and say anything about this weeks ep. :)

I really liked last weeks ep too. I did not know that 'Scotty' is Suttons brother in real life -it would certainly explain how well they worked together! A bonus for me was the ukelele duet at the end. Very sweet.

Yeah that was nice. He's apparently a tony nominated (winning?) broadway somebody.
Basically, if we were in NYC we'd totally know who he was!  :D

Check for new replies or respond here...