inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Tia & Tamera

Written By: snozberries on 06/18/12 at 11:35 pm

Maybe im alone in this but I love this show. Tia& tamera are just fun to hang out with. And they regularly crack me up.

Tonight they go to New York. I coulda watches 10 mins on them trying to cross the street. And that bit in the fake (ie indoor) "park"  :D

I wanna run into them in Beverly hills someday.

Subject: Re: Tia & Tamera

Written By: Ashkicksass on 06/19/12 at 10:34 am

I like them too!  I watched part of their new show and really liked it.  I used to watch Sister Sister all the time too.

Written By: snozberries on 06/19/12 at 12:24 pm

I like them too!  I watched part of their new show and really liked it.  I used to watch Sister Sister all the time too.

This is season 2 If you haven't seen season one I recommend it.  What's weird is they did a "pilot" like a special that resulted in the show they have now... where Tia was trying to get Tamera to settle down because Tia had been married and Tamera "wasn't seeing anyone"  (I personally think she already had the boyfriend but they needed a storyline for the show")  It was funny tho because I saw this after watching season 1.

Season 1 had Tamera planning her wedding while Tia was dealing with her first pregnancy. In the season Tamera always came across as the uptight one while Tia was a little more flighty and fancy free. In the "pilot" tho Tamera was sort of the loose one and Tia was all uptight.  Gotta love scripted "unscripted" reality...but what I love about this is the energy and the connection the sisters have. I really do just wanna go out and grab a coffee with them or something!  ;D

Written By: Ashkicksass on 06/19/12 at 1:12 pm

This is season 2 If you haven't seen season one I recommend it.  What's weird is they did a "pilot" like a special that resulted in the show they have now... where Tia was trying to get Tamera to settle down because Tia had been married and Tamera "wasn't seeing anyone"  (I personally think she already had the boyfriend but they needed a storyline for the show")  It was funny tho because I saw this after watching season 1.

Season 1 had Tamera planning her wedding while Tia was dealing with her first pregnancy. In the season Tamera always came across as the uptight one while Tia was a little more flighty and fancy free. In the "pilot" tho Tamera was sort of the loose one and Tia was all uptight.  Gotta love scripted "unscripted" reality...but what I love about this is the energy and the connection the sisters have. I really do just wanna go out and grab a coffee with them or something!  ;D

Energy and connection - that is their magic.  They seem like actual people, who would be totally fun to hang out with.

Written By: snozberries on 06/19/12 at 1:16 pm

Energy and connection - that is their magic.  They seem like actual people, who would be totally fun to hang out with.

next time you come to LA we can try and stalk them!  :D

Written By: Ashkicksass on 06/19/12 at 1:17 pm

next time you come to LA we can try and stalk them!  :D

Ha ha.  Maybe they'll be our new besties.  ;)

Written By: snozberries on 06/19/12 at 1:21 pm

Ha ha.  Maybe they'll be our new besties.  ;)

THAT WOULD BE AWESOME!!!! I hate Tamera's bestie...that Andrea chick.  She's a total suck up and you know she talks shyt behind T's back.  And she is always getting in the middle of Tia and Tamera's business... telling T to confront Tia about the movie Tia booked at a party!?!?!?! WTF!  >:(   

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 06/19/12 at 1:40 pm

I've seen a few episodes and liked it well enough.  I keep seeing the same episodes though.  The one where Tia is trying to get her baby to turn and one where they are sort of mad at each other because one felt slighted by the wedding planner or something... I forget now.

Written By: snozberries on 06/19/12 at 2:41 pm

I've seen a few episodes and liked it well enough.  I keep seeing the same episodes though.  The one where Tia is trying to get her baby to turn and one where they are sort of mad at each other because one felt slighted by the wedding planner or something... I forget now.

Naw...they were mad at each other because Tamera wanted Tia to be her Matron of Honor but Tia wasn't as committed to the role as Tamera had hoped she'd be....Tia was 7.5 months pregnant but that's just a minor inconvenience apparently!  Then someone suggested Tamera's BFF Andrea be the maid of honor because she has absolutely nothing to do but stand around waiting for Tamera to need her for something so she has time, and obviously she know Tamera much better than her twin sister does so wouldn't she be the obvious choice anyway???  I think maybe it was Tia who suggested it (hoping Tamera would say "nooo I wwaaantt you to doooo iiiiitttt!!!" but Tamera said yeah that's a good idea and Tia got butthurt  ;)    or Tamera said I'll just have andrea do it and Tia got butthurt....eitherway but of them got their feelings hurt but they worked it out.  They also went to Sweet E's bake shop...my favorite cup cake place....jus' sayin! 

*disclaimer- the italicized teal portion is my personal observation and not necessarily factual  :D

Written By: whistledog on 06/19/12 at 5:25 pm

I only ever saw a few episodes.  Has their brother Taj ever made an appearance?

He used to be on a sitcom called 'Smart Guy' and also played Michelle's best friend Teddy on 'Full House'.  I remember in one FH episode, they showed Teddy's house, and his sister was played by one of his real life sisters (I forget which one)

Written By: snozberries on 06/19/12 at 6:08 pm

I only ever saw a few episodes.  Has their brother Taj ever made an appearance?

He used to be on a sitcom called 'Smart Guy' and also played Michelle's best friend Teddy on 'Full House'.  I remember in one FH episode, they showed Teddy's house, and his sister was played by one of his real life sisters (I forget which one)

Actually both sisters played that role  :D on Full House

They both appeared on an ep of Family Guy.

In the new opening credits there's a pic of the twins and they look just like Taj (moreso than I've ever noticed) 

Tahj played their cousin on Sister, Sister...

He did not want to be on the show, I was hoping to catch a glimpse of him at Tamera's wedding last year but they definitely made sure he made it into none of the scenes. 

Tahj has a new show on ABC Family tho, Baby Daddy. . .  Ben becomes a surprise dad to a baby girl when she's left on his doorstep by an ex-girlfriend. Ben decides to raise the baby with the help of his mother, his brother Danny, his best buddy Penny, who is harboring a secret crush on him.

http://images.tvrage.com/shows/31/30876.jpg

Check for new replies or respond here...