inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Taken: Missing Children with Elizabeth Smart

Written By: snozberries on 08/01/12 at 4:56 pm

Okay so I started this discussion on FB but now I'm bringing it here...

But I'm lazy so allow me to copy and paste my comments  :D

So....Elizabeth Smart "has" a show. Taken: Missing Children w/ Elizabeth Smart. She does little but stand there and throw out an intro, throw out a line in the middle & and plead for people to be as alert as they were for her. It feels exploitive and she's a horrible host. There's no inflection in her voice and she looks, understandably, miserable.

She was cast on her name alone. If you tally up the amount of time she's featured it's less than 5 minutes. Thats why I say it's exploitive. "Hey let's all tune in and gawk at Elizabeth Smart"

Subject: Re: Taken: Missing Children with Elizabeth Smart

Written By: snozberries on 08/01/12 at 4:58 pm

Watching Elizabeth made me think of John Walsh and that talk show he had.  It was horrible. He was good on AMW because he was doing something he was passionate about but on the talk show he had no idea how to connect with people.

I remember he had girl - recovered kidnap vic who'd been assaulted and it was just a month or so later and patted her arm and said you'll be okay. There was no compassion or empathy or connection. 

Oh- the thing that bugs me a out John Walsh is how it feels like he traded on Adam's name. (I know he'd rather have Adam than fame) but there came a point where he talks about Adam and I roll my eyes because he says it every single time he's in front of a camera. It's been 31 yrs let him rest in peace. Just once try not mentioning Adam....I swear we won't forget him.

elizabeth is doing that. She keeps talking about when she was abducted and when people saved her from her captors. It feels forced and insincere. Maybe it's still too soon maybe she hates doing it too I don't know it just let's me the wrong way.

Written By: danootaandme on 08/01/12 at 5:54 pm

She was probably bullied into it, doesn't want it, but does it to please her parents.  That is sad.

Written By: Dagwood on 08/01/12 at 7:05 pm

She always sounds to me like she is monotone and reading cue cards.  Being in Utah, we hear about damn near every move she makes.  It gets old. 

Written By: snozberries on 08/01/12 at 7:32 pm

She was probably bullied into it, doesn't want it, but does it to please her parents.  That is sad.

Yeah she probably was... The show itself is an interesting concept but her participation is completely unnecessary.

Written By: snozberries on 08/01/12 at 7:33 pm

She always sounds to me like she is monotone and reading cue cards.  Being in Utah, we hear about damn near every move she makes.  It gets old.

Never thought about that... we don't hear much (that I'm aware of) here... essentially I heard about her going to college and going to court....that's about it.

Written By: Dagwood on 08/01/12 at 8:54 pm

Never thought about that... we don't hear much (that I'm aware of) here... essentially I heard about her going to college and going to court....that's about it.

Getting married....sneezing...we hear it all. ;D

Written By: snozberries on 08/01/12 at 10:36 pm

Getting married....sneezing...we hear it all. ;D

Just wait till she has al those babies.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/11/12 at 8:10 pm

She always sounds to me like she is monotone and reading cue cards. 

She could get a job on cable news.
::)

Check for new replies or respond here...