inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Current Guilty Pleasure TV Shows?

Written By: Starde on 08/07/12 at 10:41 am

I have two that I can't stop watching from week to week--HBO's True Blood and VH1's Single Ladies.

What are yours?

Subject: Re: Current Guilty Pleasure TV Shows?

Written By: Dagwood on 08/07/12 at 5:21 pm

Big Brother.

Written By: nally on 08/07/12 at 6:32 pm

Phineas & Ferb.

Also, I have watched a few episodes of "Austin & Ally" but I am trying not to get hooked on that one.

Written By: Howard on 08/07/12 at 7:45 pm

Seinfeld and The Big Bang Theory

Written By: Foo Bar on 08/07/12 at 10:57 pm

Y'all know damn well what it is.

Written By: danootaandme on 08/08/12 at 3:21 am

Lark Rise to Candleford....even bought the book

Written By: Howard on 08/08/12 at 6:52 am

Family Guy
The Cleveland Show

Written By: snozberries on 08/08/12 at 8:43 am

I hate to call it a guilty pleasure because I think it's a damn fine show and I'm not ashamed to admit to anyone who will listen that I watch it but....

I'm 44 and completely outside their demographic.....

Degrassi!

I even go to events. Me, 300 screaming teens and their bored parents  :D

Written By: Indy Gent on 08/08/12 at 10:45 pm

Community, definitely. And Dancing With The Stars when they actually have stars.

Written By: snozberries on 08/09/12 at 1:21 am

Community, definitely. And Dancing With The Stars when they actually have stars.

Community was a well crafted show. No guilt in finding pleasure in it O0
We'll see if it survives the changes this season

Written By: whistledog on 08/09/12 at 9:28 pm

World's Wildest Police Videos
Storage Wars
Auction Hunters
Ed's Up - Ed Robertson of the Barenaked Ladies pilots his plane to different locations and does various jobs for the day

Written By: Howard on 08/10/12 at 6:48 am

Sullivan And Son
House Of Payne
Meet The Browns

Written By: snozberries on 08/10/12 at 1:03 pm

Sullivan And Son
House Of Payne
Meet The Browns

I love Sullivan & Son. I went to a taping of one of the eps (before the show ever aired). it hasn't aired yet.

Written By: Howard on 08/10/12 at 7:26 pm

I love Sullivan & Son. I went to a taping of one of the eps (before the show ever aired). it hasn't aired yet.

Did you get to meet the actors and actresses? ???

Written By: snozberries on 08/10/12 at 9:35 pm

Did you get to meet the actors and actresses? ???

Not this time.

Written By: LyricBoy on 08/13/12 at 6:17 pm

SpikeTV has been running mini-marathons of Bar Rescue.  8)

Written By: karen on 08/23/12 at 10:32 am

24 hours in A and E

Embarrassing Bodies

Written By: Ripley on 02/23/14 at 6:25 pm

I don't know if you can really call it a guilty pleasure because I most innocent!  Over the last year I have gotten seriously into crime and cop shows.  It started with Burn Notice and Graceland last summer.  Then I got into both NCIS and NCUS: Los Angeles and now watch the new episodes on Tuesdays.  Also I watch repeats of Without A Trace and Leverage.  I catch Criminal Minds sometimes too.  I am hooked on these shows, especially Los Angeles.  :P

Written By: nally on 09/27/15 at 6:20 pm

Liv & Maddie... but only a couple of episodes.

Written By: LyricBoy on 09/28/15 at 5:19 pm

F-Troop reruns

Written By: nally on 09/28/15 at 8:03 pm

F-Troop reruns

Speaking of reruns, I have been watching "CHiPs" a lot since it started airing on MeTV last year. I have often watched to see if I could spot any familiar filming locations, since many scenes were filmed in the greater L.A. area (including a portion of I-210 at California State Route 118, which was a common filming scene; I used to live very close to there).

Written By: apollonia1986 on 10/02/15 at 11:21 pm

Wired to Jacksons: The Next Generation. Hopefully this will last past the first season. My social media feeds blew up and my cell phone exploded, with people talking to me about it.  :)

Written By: LyricBoy on 10/04/15 at 8:24 am

Speaking of reruns, I have been watching "CHiPs" a lot since it started airing on MeTV last year. I have often watched to see if I could spot any familiar filming locations, since many scenes were filmed in the greater L.A. area (including a portion of I-210 at California State Route 118, which was a common filming scene; I used to live very close to there).

CHiPs was an awesome show.  These days you don't see fun cop shows like that any more, they're all about "crime scene investigating".  I liked tuning in each week to see what Paunch and John would do next.  :)

Written By: nally on 10/04/15 at 11:05 am

CHiPs was an awesome show.  These days you don't see fun cop shows like that any more, they're all about "crime scene investigating".  I liked tuning in each week to see what Paunch and John would do next.  :)

Yep, they certainly don't make 'em that way anymore. Those two guys were amazing. And so were all the other officers who appeared on the show (Bonnie, Grossie, Baricza, Getraer, etc).

Written By: apollonia1986 on 10/04/15 at 2:11 pm

Yep, they certainly don't make 'em that way anymore. Those two guys were amazing. And so were all the other officers who appeared on the show (Bonnie, Grossie, Baricza, Getraer, etc).

I never watched Chips before. (I'm more a Miami Vice girl). Where can I see Chips online?  :)

Written By: nally on 10/04/15 at 6:20 pm

I never watched Chips before. (I'm more a Miami Vice girl). Where can I see Chips online?  :)

I think some partial episodes can be seen on Youtube (and by partial, I mean clips from certain episodes, particularly scenes that depict chases).

Written By: golden age syndrome on 10/05/15 at 2:26 am

Fear Factor

Written By: Sita0 on 10/19/15 at 1:41 pm

I hate to call it a guilty pleasure because I think it's a damn fine show and I'm not ashamed to admit to anyone who will listen that I watch it but....

I'm 44 and completely outside their demographic.....

Degrassi!

I even go to events. Me, 300 screaming teens and their bored parents  :D

I don't believe you. There can't be 300 teenagers out there who still would watch degrassi.

Written By: snozberries on 10/19/15 at 3:21 pm

I don't believe you. There can't be 300 teenagers out there who still would watch degrassi.

I have pics to prove it

Written By: danootaandme on 11/19/15 at 6:48 am

Scandal

Though this season it is starting to irritate.

Written By: apollonia1986 on 11/19/15 at 3:45 pm

I think some partial episodes can be seen on Youtube (and by partial, I mean clips from certain episodes, particularly scenes that depict chases).

Thanks Nally. I just noticed your response. Thanks. I'll check it out because I do like Erik Estrada a
lot.

On Topic: I'm really, really into ALL the trauma shows that that Discovery Life is airing:
Bizarre ER, Boston Med, Sydney ER, Diagnose Me, Mystery Diagnosis...just anything to do with a hospital I'm there. I mean the other day I saw a fella who had a motorcycle accident and they brought him in...and then they brought his FOOT in, in a baggie of ice. It's so exciting to me!

Written By: Indy Gent on 12/12/15 at 10:48 pm

My sister likes to watch Grimm religiously. I don't see what she likes about it. I'm starting to watch Entertainment Tonight again even though I don't like Nancy O'Dell that much.

Written By: nally on 12/13/15 at 6:49 pm

Thanks Nally. I just noticed your response. Thanks. I'll check it out because I do like Erik Estrada a
lot.

Here you can see certain clips from the first season: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLab9toAYHQqj76AHdRAzpVy26oRlsq6l2

Written By: mqg96 on 12/16/15 at 6:48 pm

http://ia.media-imdb.com/images/M/MV5BMTYzNDYxMTkzOF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwODUzMjMxMDE@._V1_SX640_SY720_.jpg

http://ib1.huluim.com/show_key_art/18277?size=1600x600&region=US

http://cdn.bgr.com/2015/01/the-walking-dead-season-5-trailer.png

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 05/20/20 at 9:57 am

Transylvania Television.  Car 54 Where are you?

Check for new replies or respond here...