inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Breaking Amish

Written By: 80s_cheerleader on 09/16/12 at 1:30 pm

"Breaking Amish" offers an unprecedented look into a rarely seen world, following four Amish people and one Mennonite as they forgo horses and buggies for New York City's taxis and subways. Ultimately, they will make the biggest decision of their lives -- to remain Amish and Mennonite or become "English" -- and face the consequence of being shunned by those closest to them. (from the TLC.com website)

Has anyone else watched this? Only 1 episode has aired thus far. I couldn't help it, but when Rebecca was calling for her grandfather to "Wait!" (I'm assuming in Pennsylvania German), I couldn't help but think of the old Charlie Brown cartoons and the adult's speaking "Wah, wah...." ;D

What do y'all think of this show???

Subject: Re: Breaking Amish

Written By: 2kidsami on 09/25/12 at 12:18 pm

"Breaking Amish" offers an unprecedented look into a rarely seen world, following four Amish people and one Mennonite as they forgo horses and buggies for New York City's taxis and subways. Ultimately, they will make the biggest decision of their lives -- to remain Amish and Mennonite or become "English" -- and face the consequence of being shunned by those closest to them. (from the TLC.com website)

Has anyone else watched this? Only 1 episode has aired thus far. I couldn't help it, but when Rebecca was calling for her grandfather to "Wait!" (I'm assuming in Pennsylvania German), I couldn't help but think of the old Charlie Brown cartoons and the adult's speaking "Wah, wah...." ;D

What do y'all think of this show???
I have not seen it yet.  Been wanting to, but just have not caught it when it aired.

Subject: Re: Breaking Amish

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 11/05/12 at 5:40 pm

I've watched a few of them, they cuss an awful lot more then I think Amish/Mennonite should (even if they are early 20s.) 
I liked some of the aspects of the show, like when they tried on "English" clothes. 

Check for new replies or respond here...