inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: X Factor....anyone watching?

Written By: snozberries on 11/12/12 at 9:16 pm

I've been meaning to do this since the auditions but I forgot.

Anyway....really loving this season.

Trying to remember artists in order...but I know a few are out of order.

Arin Ray - the kid freaking looks like an r&b superstar!

Paige Thomas I love her but she comes across as cold/distant
I kinda hated her version of take my breath away

Emblem  3. The group that doesn't want to be a "boy" band is totally getting turned into a boy band

Vito _____.  I don't remember his performance i don't think I liked it much

The cowboy guy- cant remember his name. It was good but I don't like country so ill just leave it at that. Dude has talent tho

Lyric 145-  love the group but Simon is totally turning this awesome gansta hip hop group into a cartoonish 90s bubble gum rap group.

Diamond white- Love her, love that she's back but the kid needs just a little more life experience

The 13 year old girl who sang iris. She has a good voice but needs to be taught what to do when she's not singing she didn't quite pull off the 'rock out' & wtf was she wearing????

The chick who sang I love rock and roll.  She should've done Harsh Light of Day.... Better but lesser known song from the same movie

Cee Cee frye.  She annoys the crap outta me. 

Seriously tho. The costumer needs to be fired. Last week and this week most of the costumes look like they were taken from the solid gold warehouse.  ::)

Simon Hates Demi worse than he hated Nicole S. lol

And who the hell let Chloe on stage....tho I'm glad that horrible dude from last yr got fired.

Carly Rose - she's got an amazing voice!
I have no idea what this song is but she's singing the hell out of it.

Jason Brock- the only decision I disagreed with last week was this guy. He's an entertainer not a performer. I can see him on a cruise ship or at a piano bar or off the strip lounge act in Vegas but not selling records and doing concerts.  I could even see him on broadway

Brit & Demi agree with me.

I love Mario Lopez lol

Fifth Harmony - I'm not sold on them as a group yet. But maybe they'll grow on me.

Subject: Re: X Factor....anyone watching?

Written By: snozberries on 11/12/12 at 9:17 pm

I have not watched the results yet but feel free to post

I will watch them now and will not look here until its over.

My bottom 3:

Jason Brock
Cece frye

Well right now I just have a bottom two.

Written By: Brian06 on 11/12/12 at 9:20 pm

Paige Thomas looks and sounds exactly like Rihanna, the resemblance kinda blows my mind.  ;D

Written By: snozberries on 11/12/12 at 10:29 pm

Paige Thomas looks and sounds exactly like Rihanna, the resemblance kinda blows my mind.  ;D

You're right...she does!

Beatrice miller sort of reminds me of Dana Hill

Well it looks like I picked the bottom two. I was sort of hoping Jason would stay one more week because he's less annoying than cece

Written By: snozberries on 11/14/12 at 8:15 pm

meant to say I was watching how many of the contestants come from poor backgrounds and how many of them are from the east coast... I wonder how their families faired during Sandy.  :-\\

Written By: 80sfan on 11/15/12 at 10:50 am

Being that I'm 290 pounds, I've no room to talk, but nahhhh, what's the fun?

I love Britney Spears, but at times it looks like Britney needed to lay off on the cheetos and zebra cakes. ;D

Written By: snozberries on 11/18/12 at 2:28 pm

Being that I'm 290 pounds, I've no room to talk, but nahhhh, what's the fun?

I love Britney Spears, but at times it looks like Britney needed to lay off on the cheetos and zebra cakes. ;D

I didn't notice. I did notice she needs more make up.

I'm sad Lyric 145 is out. That song sucked tho. If Simon knew what to do with them they could lasted a while. I also think the east coast still not having having cable and Internet in some areas hurt them. They're east coast rappers. Even the areas that did have cable and Internet probably had more important things going on than remembering to vote on X factor

I was fine with persons who's name I've already forgotten (Janelle?) going home. She was okay but not amazing.

I hope lyric 145 stays together and releases an album I'd actually buy it!

Written By: belmont22 on 11/21/12 at 5:07 pm

I'd watch if Cheryl Cole was still on.  :-*

Written By: snozberries on 11/22/12 at 10:00 am

Tate, Vino and Carly will be in the top three...

I thought Vino might take number one simply because he sang (extremely well) I'm Proud to be an American.....I thought that might pull some of those country votes away from Tate...then I heard Carly Rose sing Over the Rainbow.... DAMN!!!! I kinda went Judy who?  She totally owned that song!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1RKxzOiGDU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6QWOSCKUCu4

Written By: snozberries on 11/23/12 at 12:53 pm

I knew Carly Rose Sonenclar would come out the winner last night... I did think Vino Alan would be 2nd but he took third behind Tate Stevens. 

Poor Beatrice Miller... Simon was right, she was not ready for the rejection.  I thought kid was a good singer but she needs to learn how to handle public rejection...

gotta say- I hate CeCe Frey but I thought it was quite gracious the way she supported and comforted Beatrice through out the whole elimination portion of it.  She won a few brownie points in my book. 

I think Beatrice could turn this experience into a career if she gets the right handlers... there's a place for her on Nick or Disney. 

Written By: Jennifer324950 on 02/07/13 at 7:39 am

I'm loving this season! Paige Thomas is my favourite!  :o

Written By: snozberries on 02/07/13 at 10:46 am

I'm loving this season! Paige Thomas is my favourite!  :o

are you just now watching it? Where are you from?

Check for new replies or respond here...