inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Glee

Written By: snozberries on 11/15/12 at 10:08 pm

Don't know why I didn't Start this before.

I really want to like this season but the break up storylines are making it hard.

I'm confused about Kurt and Blaine they broke up because Blaine made out with or slept with someone else. Kurt says he's longing for Blaine but when they finally meet up Blaine acts like Kurt is the one who did wrong and Kurt acts like he is ashamed to talk to Blaine....what's up with that.

Watching the play is funny. They stripped away the plot to showcase the music....just like Glee has been doing since season two.  :P

I love Alex Newell "Unique"

I like the new Puckerman, the new Rachel (what's the characters name? Marnie?
Hate the new evil cheerleader...then again I'm probably supposed to.

The kid who won the Glee project can act. I wasn't sure about him at first but he seems to be holding his own.

Subject: Re: Glee

Written By: meesa on 11/16/12 at 9:00 am

I have been missing this season, something keeps coming up! I will have to get online and see what I have missed. Wasn't the last one Grease-themed?

Written By: snozberries on 11/16/12 at 1:33 pm

I have been missing this season, something keeps coming up! I will have to get online and see what I have missed. Wasn't the last one Grease-themed?

the season I don't recall if it was this season or last season where they did it but they totally opened a season by singing Summer Loving

Written By: meesa on 11/16/12 at 9:40 pm

I do wish they would get back into plot a bit more, I loved season one.

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 11/16/12 at 10:01 pm

This season they've had two Grease (Gleese) themed episodes, although the first one just had a few songs intersperced with new songs used as "try-outs" for the "school play". 

I'm hoping that they don't spend alot of time doing episodes in "New York", but I know they will.  I also miss the Warblers, even though I know they'll be back next episode.  I'm not really liking that they are the "evil" team now.  But I guess they had to be written in somehow. 

I'm not really liking Kate Hudson, but I guess she'll be a semi-permanent part of the cast now. 

I like Riley (I guess he was the kid that one Glee Project?) and I like Marley and Marley's mom.  I guess one of my (real-life) friends went to school with Marley's mom (on the series) the lunch lady. 

I liked seeing mostly everyone back to support Grease.  Funny that it's supposed to be a school musical, but only Glee people made it.  And when Santana got a starring role, that was a surprise.  But I like her. 

Written By: snozberries on 11/16/12 at 10:07 pm

I do wish they would get back into plot a bit more, I loved season one.

there are some episodes with plot and some that are just filler...

Glee has two major issues...

1) it got popular too fast- the minute they realized they were making mad money on the songs they were like screw storyline lets add more songs and make more money!  ::)

2) Ryan Murphy is a control freak...it's his show but it's not... people always forget Ian Brennan created it and Ryan produced it.... but Ryan basically has taken full ownership of it. I wonder if that pisses Ian off or if at night he goes home and takes laps in his pool filled with 1000 dollar bills and he just says eff it.  :D 

the actual problem is that for a few seasons now- particularly 2nd and 3rd- they didn't have enough writers...  I was at a paley event where Ryan Murphy admitted they only had 3 writers on staff... no wonder there was no plot... they were stretched too thin for that to happen.

There's been some plot this season...not sure if I follow it all, it's a tad inconsistent but I love the show so I keep on with it.

don't know if you watch the Glee project too...

last year they brought the final 4 into the show.  one girl got a job on broadway so I guess that's why she didn't do more than two eps.  One of the winners did not get invited back but one of the runner ups and the other winner were asked to return this season. I think Alex is the breakout star from Glee Project season one.  he's not the best actor and he was kind of a bitch on the show but I've met him and he's a sweet guy...comes across as vulnerable in person as he does playing Wade/Ingenue

Samuel Larsen can't act a lick...that's why he gets no lines but I think Ryan keeps him around because Ryan has a crush on him or he thinks the girls do.

Check for new replies or respond here...