inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Kitchen Nightmares

Written By: LyricBoy on 02/03/13 at 6:02 pm

Well this past Friday, Gordon Ramsay and his crew aired their episode of Kitchen Nightmares that visited my nearby town of Beaver PA.  8)

They revived the local restaurant Levanti's Italian Bistro and converted it to an American bistro theme.

WHen Gordo arrived, there weas two-month-old tiramisu staged at the service counter, hard as a rock, the steak he ordered was raw, and there was mold growing from a vat of pasta sauce.    8-P

The highlight of the show was a young server by the name of Sam.  :-* :-*  I must say she is quite the fetching lass.  I'm gonna have to lunch at Levanti's some time this week to check her the food out.  :P

At the end of the show, Gordon said "Will Levanti's survive?  In the end it is not up to me.  I guess I have to Leave it to Beaver."  ;D

Subject: Re: Kitchen Nightmares: Amy's Baking Company goes viral

Written By: Foo Bar on 05/16/13 at 12:28 am

http://i.imgur.com/Uu73yB9.png

Folks, say hi to Amy and Sami of Amy's Baking Company, the only restaurateurs on whom Gordon Ramsay has walked out in the entire running of the series.

http://assets.nydailynews.com/polopoly_fs/1.1344113.1368573268!/img/httpImage/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/landscape_635/bakery15n-6-web.jpg

Season 6, Episode 16, Part 1:
G6LY7TJ16pg

911 hangups, threats of assault, that's just the first ten minutes of the show!

Season 6, Episode 16, Part 2:
XQDtoHpAWhg

http://i.imgur.com/y8mxqTu.jpg

The narcissistic personality disorder, it burns.  And I'm not talking about Ramsay, who was as shocked as most of the producers, at the level of madness displayed.  Threatening to assault customers on one night, then claiming you speak cat the next day was just the stuff under the warming lamps.  Stealing tips from the waitstaff and claiming it's the normal course of business, yeah, we got that.  Claiming you made the desserts (but not the gnocchi, but definitely the ravioli) yourself when it's all about reselling store-bought/frozen food, battles over who the real gangster is... oh, we've got that, it's all in here, and it's comedy gold.

Subject: Re: Kitchen Nightmares

Written By: karen on 05/16/13 at 10:53 am

At the end of the show, Gordon said "Will Levanti's survive?  In the end it is not up to me.  I guess I have to Leave it to Beaver."  ;D

I saw that show the other day (so we must only be a show or two behind you).  My husband didn't get the joke and I only vaguely got the reference.  I know there was/is a show called that but no nothing more about it

Written By: karen on 06/07/13 at 1:47 am

saw the Amy's Baking Company one earlier this week.  The pair of them were totally in lala land and mad as a box of frogs.

Written By: Foo Bar on 06/07/13 at 11:21 pm

saw the Amy's Baking Company one earlier this week.  The pair of them were totally in lala land and mad as a box of frogs.

BfD8L1euBuk

/lulz

Written By: LyricBoy on 06/08/13 at 4:37 pm

I saw that show the other day (so we must only be a show or two behind you).  My husband didn't get the joke and I only vaguely got the reference.  I know there was/is a show called that but no nothing more about it

I finally went to check out Levanti's the other day.  Had a vendor pay for the meal.  ;D

Unfortunately, the lovely waitress, Sam  :-* was not there.

We were the only people in the joint for lunch.  That can't be good.  :-\\

Our meal was excellent, however.  8)

Written By: LyricBoy on 11/06/13 at 5:55 pm

I just saw on TV... Levanti's closed for good yesterday.  :\'(

Check for new replies or respond here...