inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Motive (on ABC)

Written By: whistledog on 05/22/13 at 12:02 pm

A new police drama called Motive is coming to ABC.  It stars Kristin Lehman (whom you may recognize from roles on Judging Amy and The Killing) as a detective solving crimes.  The show also stars Lauren Holly

It's a Canadian show and will begin airing on ABC at 9pm on Thursdays (right before Rookie Blue).  It's already been on for 13 episodes in Canada (it initially premiered on CTV after the Super Bowl), so it's not new to us, but I can hardly wait for it to come to DVD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rEXSCI67cp8

Subject: Re: Motive (on ABC)

Written By: snozberries on 05/22/13 at 3:10 pm

They aired a preview ep on Monday.... I liked it. Kinda reminds me of Colombo. The audience knows who did it but the entertainment comes from watching the cops figure it out.

The fact that I like it means it has a high likelihood of being cancelled  :D

Although CBS did air 3 of the 5 seasons of Flashpoint so maybe there's hope yet.
I think, since its a Canadian show it must be cheaper for abc so that helps. Also Rookie Blue is coming back for a third season

Ill keep my fingers crossed.

Written By: warped on 05/22/13 at 5:34 pm

Kristin Lehman is a familiar face on Canadian TV too. I think America will like her.

Written By: whistledog on 05/24/13 at 8:25 pm

They aired a preview ep on Monday.... I liked it. Kinda reminds me of Colombo. The audience knows who did it but the entertainment comes from watching the cops figure it out.

The fact that I like it means it has a high likelihood of being cancelled  :D

Although CBS did air 3 of the 5 seasons of Flashpoint so maybe there's hope yet.
I think, since its a Canadian show it must be cheaper for abc so that helps. Also Rookie Blue is coming back for a third season

Ill keep my fingers crossed.

I was disappointed when I'd heard that Flashpoint got cancelled on CBS after season 3.  A similar fate occurred in the 90s when CBS cancelled Due South, but it still kept going in Canada

Rookie Blue is doing quite well on ABC I see.  I will keep my fingers crossed as well for Motive

And who said there was more to Canada than just Degrassi and The Littlest Hobo :D

Written By: snozberries on 05/26/13 at 8:50 am

I was disappointed when I'd heard that Flashpoint got cancelled on CBS after season 3.  A similar fate occurred in the 90s when CBS cancelled Due South, but it still kept going in Canada

Rookie Blue is doing quite well on ABC I see.  I will keep my fingers crossed as well for Motive

And who said there was more to Canada than just Degrassi and The Littlest Hobo :D

At least we have ION which allowed us to watch seasons 4 & 5 of flashpoint.

Degrading is one of my favorite imports I have never seen the littlest hobo nor heard of it playing in the us but maybe I just missed it

Check for new replies or respond here...