inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Which character from Buffy the Vampire slayer did you like or dislike?

Written By: 80sfan on 06/09/13 at 3:04 pm

Characters I liked were: Willow (I think she's my favorite)

Anya (she's hilarious that's why I like her)

There's more, but those are a few of my faves.

Characters I disliked a bit: The reason for the 'a bit' is because I actually kinda like them at the same time not like them.

I dislike Xander for leaving Anya at the wedding. Actually I dislike him the most on the show. Sometimes his insecurities make me want to shout to him "Hey get over yourself! Everyone has doubts and insecurities too!" But the reason why I do like him is because he's hilarious and an 'every guy'.

Buffy-Yeah I know she's stressed because of being a slayer, but sometimes and only sometimes, I find her kinda selfish and a little twisted in her relationship with Spike. Overall I do like her because I find her relate-able despite being a slayer and her imperfections make her human and like-able.

What do you think? What characters do you like or dislike on this show?

Subject: Re: Which character from Buffy the Vampire slayer did you like or dislike?

Written By: snozberries on 06/09/13 at 6:19 pm

There are only three characters from the series I dislike

Riley cuz Marc Blucas is  8-P
He's boring his character was boring and the whole initiative story line was crap

*Prof Walsh
*Adam

See my line about the initiative storyline  ;D

Buffy was seriously tortured when she hooked up with Spike dating spike was like slayer for "cutting" she was trying to feel something anything because she was so empty. She's found peace and was in heaven and, no matter how good their intentions, her friends ripped her out of heaven and forced her to live in helll on earth.

Her mom died. She could never be with the man she loved. Her father all but abandoned her. Her father figure was pulling away from her. No matter how hard she fought there was an endless supply of demons to battle. What kind of life could she have...and again- she made the ultimate sacrifice and her reward, heavenly bliss, was ripped right out of her. How do you find happiness after that?

Subject: Re: Which character from Buffy the Vampire slayer did you like or dislike?

Written By: 80sfan on 06/09/13 at 6:51 pm

There are only three characters from the series I dislike

Riley cuz Marc Blucas is  8-P
He's boring his character was boring and the whole initiative story line was crap

*Prof Walsh
*Adam

See my line about the initiative storyline  ;D

Buffy was seriously tortured when she hooked up with Spike dating spike was like slayer for "cutting" she was trying to feel something anything because she was so empty. She's found peace and was in heaven and, no matter how good their intentions, her friends ripped her out of heaven and forced her to live in helll on earth.

Her mom died. She could never be with the man she loved. Her father all but abandoned her. Her father figure was pulling away from her. No matter how hard she fought there was an endless supply of demons to battle. What kind of life could she have...and again- she made the ultimate sacrifice and her reward, heavenly bliss, was ripped right out of her. How do you find happiness after that?

Do you think that Xander was right when he said that Buffy kinda shielded and kept things from Riley? Xander thinks Buffy kinda pushed Riley away by being distant. Do you agree with Xander? If she was distant, do you think it was right of her to do so?

Written By: 80sfan on 06/09/13 at 6:53 pm

As for her coming back from heaven. Yeah, I'd be pissed at my friends too for doing that.

Though I like Willow I thought her bringing Buffy back was not right for her to do.

Written By: snozberries on 06/09/13 at 7:57 pm

Do you think that Xander was right when he said that Buffy kinda shielded and kept things from Riley? Xander thinks Buffy kinda pushed Riley away by being distant. Do you agree with Xander? If she was distant, do you think it was right of her to do so?

I think Buffy was gunshy loving angel ripped her to shreds so she was in a way protecting her heart. Also- Riley was human- military training or not he was destined to get injured. I think Buffy protected all of them by internalizing a lot. She often shielded them from the truth and even when they were in battle together their presence was a distraction to her.

But I really found the Buffy/Riley hook up less than compelling so I often wish he had been killed off early in season 4....like in that first scene of his...where Buffy dropped the book on him----yeah I wish he'd gotten a concussion fell asleep and never woke up.  :D

Written By: snozberries on 06/09/13 at 7:59 pm

With regards to Xander leaving Anya at the alter it was a pretty eff'd up thing to do but- if you listen to the lyrics of Ill Never Tell its obvious both had really cold feet about the pending nuptials.

Written By: snozberries on 06/09/13 at 8:02 pm

As for her coming back from heaven. Yeah, I'd be pissed at my friends too for doing that.

Though I like Willow I thought her bringing Buffy back was not right for her to do.

I love willow (did u see my pic in the famous ppl thread  ;) )
But what she did to Tara in Tabula Rasa....man great episode but so defines how far addiction can drive people

Hs willow
College willow
Adult willow
Vamp willow
Dark willow

Which is your fave?

Written By: 80sfan on 06/09/13 at 8:35 pm

But what she did to Tara in Tabula Rasa....man great episode but so defines how far addiction can drive people

Hs willow
College willow
Adult willow
Vamp willow
Dark willow

Which is your fave?

I like Highschool willow and adult willow. I love it when she uses magic!  ;D

Written By: 80sfan on 06/09/13 at 8:41 pm

With regards to Xander leaving Anya at the alter it was a pretty eff'd up thing to do but- if you listen to the lyrics of Ill Never Tell its obvious both had really cold feet about the pending nuptials.

I'll never tell? Is that a song?

Written By: 80sfan on 06/09/13 at 8:44 pm

Oh I also love Tara and Giles. I'm neutral towards Riley and Spike. Although Spike makes me LOL.

Written By: 80sfan on 06/09/13 at 8:50 pm

As for Angel he's in the my neutral category. I like Dawn, although I can see why people hate her. As for Buffy I like her because she's pure of heart. She also hilarious with her puns/lines. It's strange watching Buffy during her sophomore high school year being only 16. The writers and Sarah Michelle did great making Buff grow up.

Written By: whistledog on 06/09/13 at 9:14 pm

Hs willow
College willow
Adult willow
Vamp willow
Dark willow

Which is your fave?

Ron Howard's Willow

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/7/7b/Willow_movie.jpg/220px-Willow_movie.jpg

:D :D

Written By: 80sfan on 06/09/13 at 9:28 pm

Ron Howard's Willow

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/7/7b/Willow_movie.jpg/220px-Willow_movie.jpg

:D :D

;D

Written By: snozberries on 06/09/13 at 9:56 pm

I'll never tell? Is that a song?

If you have to ask then Anya was right  :D

Anya: Clearly our number is a retro pastiche that'll never be a breakaway pop hit

It's from Once More with Feeling

Written By: snozberries on 06/09/13 at 10:00 pm

As for Angel he's in the my neutral category. I like Dawn, although I can see why people hate her. As for Buffy I like her because she's pure of heart. She also hilarious with her puns/lines. It's strange watching Buffy during her sophomore high school year being only 16. The writers and Sarah Michelle did great making Buff grow up.

What they really did well was capturing the realities if high school. That humans can be just as evil as demons. That growing up is painful and awkward. That people come and go from your lives. That you fall and fail but you dust yourself off again. And sometimes you die twice  :D

The best writers came from bvts. I love joss and Jane with all my heart and will follow them to the depths. I love the other writers too but joss and Jane are the epitome of it for me!

Written By: 80sfan on 06/09/13 at 10:11 pm

I think I change my mind on Riley. I liked him. I have to agree though he was kinda boring. But I guess I have an opinion like everyone.

As for the characters as much as I love the characters. Some of what they did was just plain unexcusable, but very human. Which gives the characters a realistic feel.

Written By: 80sfan on 06/16/13 at 12:21 am

Oh and I love Druscilla. She's just sunny and humorous.

I'd be terrified with her in real life being that she's a vampire though.

Written By: snozberries on 06/16/13 at 12:55 am

Oh and I love Druscilla. She's just sunny and humorous.

I'd be terrified with her in real life being that she's a vampire though.

Drucilla was pure evil- in a deliciously satisfying yet psychotic way
Juliet landau is a sweetheart. I get to hang with her again for a little while next month. 

Written By: 80sfan on 06/16/13 at 1:00 am

Drucilla was pure evil- in a deliciously satisfying yet psychotic way
Juliet landau is a sweetheart. I get to hang with her again for a little while next month.

Karma. Cool!

Written By: KayKay on 06/17/13 at 3:03 am

quite weird happening on this atm, because I've recently re-watched Buffy for the first time in about 5 years, and it's weird how I related to different things now, and different people now my experiences have changed.  Have to say I love spike still, awful attempt at the accent and all... and Dawn's still annoying as hell!

Now I'm watching Angel again, and Wesley annoys me SO much less than before! So progress?!

Kay x

Written By: snozberries on 06/17/13 at 10:17 am

quite weird happening on this atm, because I've recently re-watched Buffy for the first time in about 5 years, and it's weird how I related to different things now, and different people now my experiences have changed.  Have to say I love spike still, awful attempt at the accent and all... and Dawn's still annoying as hell!

Now I'm watching Angel again, and Wesley annoys me SO much less than before! So progress?!

Kay x

wesley was def better written in Angel than in Buffy.  (check out Alexis and Amy in Joss Whedon's Much Ado About Nothing--- I think you might like it!)

Yeah it's funny how where you are in your life impacts your perception of what you watch. I was an adult watching buffy so I didn't the pleasure of experiencing it when I was my most "angsty" self.

Written By: 80sfan on 06/21/13 at 9:40 pm

To me the climax of the whole show was when Buffy jumped into that vortex thing at the end of Season 5. That to me was the height of the Buffy storyline ( not necessarily quality).

She went to what we are meant to believe was heaven!

Written By: 80sfan on 06/21/13 at 9:45 pm

I think season 2,3,5, and 6 are my favorite seasons. Five is my most favorite I think with two in second. 3 comes next then 6!

Written By: KayKay on 06/22/13 at 10:11 pm

Having recently re-watched all of Buffy, I think I prefered the post high-school seasons, more because of the way I felt the characters developed more as young adults, and it gave them more depth.

Maybe this is because I'm older now I don't know (I mean I was still IN school when I first watched the show and I'm 27 now so it could be a personal shift in perspective).

Kay x

Written By: 80sfan on 06/23/13 at 3:31 pm

Having recently re-watched all of Buffy, I think I prefered the post high-school seasons, more because of the way I felt the characters developed more as young adults, and it gave them more depth.

Maybe this is because I'm older now I don't know (I mean I was still IN school when I first watched the show and I'm 27 now so it could be a personal shift in perspective).

Kay x

Cool I'm 24 now I was like 8 when it started!

Written By: meesa on 06/30/13 at 12:12 pm

Oooh, a BTVS thread!  :)

Loved:
Willow
Buffy
Spike
Angel
Drusilla
Giles

Not so much:
Riley. I wonder if they had gotten someone else to play him, if it would have been better? Maybe.
Dawn-she, for me, was annoying
Anya-until the later eps, she just got on my nerves.

Written By: snozberries on 06/30/13 at 12:16 pm

Oooh, a BTVS thread!  :)

Loved:
Willow
Buffy
Spike
Angel
Drusilla
Giles

Not so much:
Riley. I wonder if they had gotten someone else to play him, if it would have been better? Maybe.
Dawn-she, for me, was annoying
Anya-until the later eps, she just got on my nerves.

Good point. If anyone other than Marc doofus played Riley he might've been palpable

He was goofy like a lab and extremely boring.

Written By: 80sfan on 07/05/13 at 3:08 pm

Yeah I found Dawn excruciatingly annoying! Sometimes she needed a slap. Yes, I know she's a teenager. No, I don't care. LOL.

Although I found her annoying I definitely would've hung out with her. I guess I have a love/hate relationship with Dawn.

Written By: snozberries on 07/05/13 at 3:45 pm

Yeah I found Dawn excruciatingly annoying! Sometimes she needed a slap. Yes, I know she's a teenager. No, I don't care. LOL.

Although I found her annoying I definitely would've hung out with her. I guess I have a love/hate relationship with Dawn.

Buffy sacrificed herself to save dawn ergo Dawn killed Buffy.
Ergo I hate dawn too.  :D

Written By: 80sfan on 07/06/13 at 12:46 am

Buffy sacrificed herself to save dawn ergo Dawn killed Buffy.
Ergo I hate dawn too.  :D

That was one of the best season finale of a show ever!

Written By: snozberries on 07/06/13 at 9:53 am

That was one of the best season finale of a show ever!

except for the part where. BUFFY. DIED!!!!  :\'(   

;)

Check for new replies or respond here...