inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: I am a series junkie

Written By: meesa on 11/22/14 at 5:52 pm

Great Goddess am I! I like to binge watch tv series episodes on weekends, and this weekend I am feasting on Game of Thrones. This is one of those shows that for me, I watch hours of and then I have to walk away for a long while, simply because it starts to become depressing what with most of the characters being total creeps without an ounce of integrity. Not to mention all of the brutal scenes.  ;) But I do feast well when I watch. I find myself enjoying the binge-way of watching a series, and for that reason I do not watch a new season of anything-I wait until that series has all been aired, and then I watch the whole thing full stop (or at least several eps at a time). I will binge on Supernatural, BBC Sherlock, Doctor Who, etc.

Is there anything you like binge watching?

Subject: Re: I am a series junkie

Written By: Inertia on 11/22/14 at 6:13 pm

I'm not a big series person. I'd rather watch movies. It's hard for me to stay committed to series. Then again, I don't much care for TV in general. If you put a controller, mouse, or handheld gaming console in my hand, that's another story though. I am a video game addict.

Written By: snozberries on 11/24/14 at 4:49 pm

Great Goddess am I! I like to binge watch tv series episodes on weekends, and this weekend I am feasting on Game of Thrones. This is one of those shows that for me, I watch hours of and then I have to walk away for a long while, simply because it starts to become depressing what with most of the characters being total creeps without an ounce of integrity. Not to mention all of the brutal scenes.  ;) But I do feast well when I watch. I find myself enjoying the binge-way of watching a series, and for that reason I do not watch a new season of anything-I wait until that series has all been aired, and then I watch the whole thing full stop (or at least several eps at a time). I will binge on Supernatural, BBC Sherlock, Doctor Who, etc.

Is there anything you like binge watching?

orphan black. I love that show! I binged watched season one and half of season two....then I caught up and I was I had to wait each week for a new ep.

I binge watch shows I already know...like buffy/angel- I just say down a few months ago and re watched them all from beginning to end I plan to do it again on a few months

I need to do that with China beach...I have the complete series and haven't watched the show in years so it'll feel fresh.

I plan to do that with shows I never got around to watching like the shield and breaking bad and 24

For shows like game of thrones and walking dead I cannot binge watch. I need to watch them as they air (live) because I live in fear of spoilers. 

Written By: LyricBoy on 11/28/14 at 6:57 pm

I like to watch Bar Rescue marathons on Spike TV.  8)

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/510Lu8FU3dL._SX940_.jpg

Written By: Howard on 11/29/14 at 7:26 am

My favorites are Seinfeld and The Big Bang Theory.

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 01/03/15 at 8:30 pm

Recently my brother and I got Amazon Prime and we've been watching The Wire. Holy crap that's an awesome show.

Written By: meesa on 01/03/15 at 8:42 pm

I am all caught up on Game of Thrones. For the holiday I had a mini vacay, so I watched season 1 of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. I am an avid fan of Marvel, and this series is definitely worth watching. Of course, Joss Whedon is attached to it, so it has to be great, right?  :) This series is worth watching.

Written By: snozberries on 01/03/15 at 8:47 pm

I am all caught up on Game of Thrones. For the holiday I had a mini vacay, so I watched season 1 of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. I am an avid fan of Marvel, and this series is definitely worth watching. Of course, Joss Whedon is attached to it, so it has to be great, right?  :) This series is worth watching.

I love the way it tied to the 2nd captain America film.

Also I'm really looking forward to Agent Carter!

Written By: meesa on 01/03/15 at 9:27 pm

I love the way it tied to the 2nd captain America film.

Also I'm really looking forward to Agent Carter!

I am waiting for Agent Carter too, it's gonna be great, Hayley Atwell really shines.
I like with SHIELD all of the characters blend so well to make a cohesive cast fairly quickly. And I have developed a completely absurd crush on Phil Coulson. LOL

Written By: snozberries on 01/05/15 at 1:30 am

I am waiting for Agent Carter too, it's gonna be great, Hayley Atwell really shines.
I like with SHIELD all of the characters blend so well to make a cohesive cast fairly quickly. And I have developed a completely absurd crush on Phil Coulson. LOL

I know!!! he's kinda sexy in a nerdy way!

Check for new replies or respond here...