inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Top Gear

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/10/15 at 12:03 pm

Top Gear host Jeremy Clarkson has been suspended by the BBC "following a fracas" with a producer.

The corporation said the presenter had been suspended "pending an investigation".

"No one else has been suspended. Top Gear will not be broadcast this Sunday," it said.

"The BBC will be making no further comment at this time."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-31824040

Subject: Re: Jeremy Clarkson, Top Gear host, suspended by BBC

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/10/15 at 4:47 pm

Reports on television news that the whole series has now been cancelled.

Written By: karen on 03/11/15 at 12:07 pm

He's a stupid arse who thinks he's above the law of decency.  He's behaved like a dick but thinks he should get away with it

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/11/15 at 12:12 pm

He's a stupid arse who thinks he's above the law of decency.  He's behaved like a dick but thinks he should get away with it
JC jokes with the press today, "I'm off to the job centre now!"

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/16/15 at 12:02 pm

The internal BBC investigation into Top Gear host Jeremy Clarkson's suspension from the programme gets under way.

Written By: LyricBoy on 03/17/15 at 8:46 pm

I wonder if this will hurt Kelly's career too? ???

http://assets-s3.usmagazine.com/uploads/assets/celebrities/168-kelly-clarkson/1251310820_kelly_clarkson_290x402.jpg

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/18/15 at 2:07 pm

I wonder if this will hurt Kelly's career too? ???

http://assets-s3.usmagazine.com/uploads/assets/celebrities/168-kelly-clarkson/1251310820_kelly_clarkson_290x402.jpg
Not at all.

Written By: LyricBoy on 03/18/15 at 3:15 pm

Not at all.

Good to know that.

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/18/15 at 3:23 pm

Good to know that.
Not related and a big pond between them both.

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 03/18/15 at 4:38 pm

I still think it's cool that he punched Piers Morgan in the face.

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/18/15 at 4:44 pm

I still think it's cool that he punched Piers Morgan in the face.
Is it on YouTube?

Written By: LyricBoy on 03/18/15 at 5:09 pm

Not related and a big pond between them both.

Nevertheless some people could have gotten confused.

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/20/15 at 8:29 am

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/03239/The_Stig_Guido_Faw_3239448b.jpg

A man dressed as Top Gear's Stig has delivered a near million-strong petition to the BBC's London headquarters in a tank to call for the return of the show's host, Jeremy Clarkson. The large military vehicle aimed its gun at New Broadcasting House, in Marylebone.

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/23/15 at 7:56 am

Top Gear Live shows due to have been held in Norway next week have been postponed, the BBC has said.

All four performances will be rescheduled, with dates later this year to be confirmed within the next fortnight.

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/25/15 at 5:44 am

Top Gear presenter Jeremy Clarkson says he "hasn't heard a thing", after press reports suggested the BBC would sack him on Wednesday.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-32048660

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/25/15 at 9:19 am

Just announced, the BBC will not be renewing the contract.

Subject: Re: Jeremy Clarkson, ex-Top Gear host, sacked by BBC

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/25/15 at 11:32 am

Just announced, the BBC will not be renewing the contract.
So, now what happens to James May and Richard Hammond?

Subject: Re: Jeremy Clarkson

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/25/15 at 12:46 pm

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/03245/Top_Gear_Jeremy_Cl_3245416b.jpg

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/26/15 at 7:21 am

The BBC has confirmed Top Gear will return in 2016 without Jeremy Clarkson - but who is likely to fill his leather brogues?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-32064440

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/26/15 at 3:36 pm

Russia’s army TV channel has issued an offer to Jeremy Clarkson to present a motoring show, noting his interest in tanks, aircraft carriers and other hardware. The official military television station of the Russian Armed Forces, Zvezda (Star), said it had invited the axed BBC celebrity to visit Russia to discuss the proposal next month.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/russia/11497681/Russian-army-TV-channel-invites-Jeremy-Clarkson-to-present-motoring-show.html

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/27/15 at 6:06 am

Oisin Tymon, the Top Gear producer physically and verbally attacked by Jeremy Clarkson, has told police he does not want to press charges.

The 36-year-old suffered swelling and bleeding to his lip in the altercation, which took place in a hotel in North Yorkshire.

He was also subjected to a prolonged verbal tirade and drove himself to hospital believing he had lost his job.

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/29/15 at 1:41 pm

Alleged death threats made against BBC director general Tony Hall are being investigated by the Met Police. Lord Hall is reported to have received a threatening email after dropping presenter Jeremy Clarkson from Top Gear because he had punched a producer. The Mail on Sunday also reported Lord Hall and his wife were under 24-hour protection from security guards at their Oxfordshire home. The Met said the email appeared to have been sent from outside the UK.

Written By: LyricBoy on 03/29/15 at 3:47 pm

Hopefully Jerry will be picked up by another network.

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/29/15 at 3:48 pm

...with his co-hosts.

Written By: LyricBoy on 03/29/15 at 4:12 pm

...with his co-hosts.

I could see a network picking up that gang, and then throwing in the crew from "Mythbusters" too.  Including, of course, Carrie Byron.  :-*

http://www.motivationalz.com/pictures/kari_byron347.jpg

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/29/15 at 4:12 pm

I could see a network picking up that gang, and then throwing in the crew from "Mythbusters" too.  Including, of course, Carrie Byron.  :-*

http://www.motivationalz.com/pictures/kari_byron347.jpg
It may happen?

Written By: LyricBoy on 03/29/15 at 4:14 pm

It may happen?

One can always hope.  :P

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/29/15 at 4:20 pm

One can always hope.  :P
The Mythbusters crew should know something about cars?

Written By: LyricBoy on 03/29/15 at 4:22 pm

The Mythbusters crew should know something about cars?

They've blown up or otherwise destroyed scores of them.

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/29/15 at 4:24 pm

They've blown up or otherwise destroyed scores of them.
Exactly!

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/29/15 at 4:28 pm

At the start of it all, it was rumoured that another channel would pick up on Top Gear.

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/31/15 at 4:16 am

Top Gear executive producer Andy Wilman has said he is not quitting the show. A leaked email from Wilman to staff of the show had seemed to suggest he was resigning but he said it was a "note of thanks" to staff marking an end of an era on the show. Wilman, an old school friend of Jeremy Clarkson, helped re-launch the show with him in 2002.

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/18/15 at 3:21 am

Jeremy Clarkson has said he will miss hosting Top Gear, in his first comment since he was dropped from the BBC show.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-32363887

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/19/15 at 1:11 am

Jeremy Clarkson has revealed that he thought he probably had cancer at the time he hit a Top Gear producer.

In his Sunday Times column, he said the incident came on his "most stressful day... in 27 years at the BBC" - but that other people facing stress "manage to cope better than I did".

He told the paper he later got the all-clear over a lump on his tongue.

He was dropped from Top Gear in March over what the BBC called an "unprovoked physical attack" on Oisin Tymon.

In his column, Clarkson wrote: "Two days before the 'fracas' I'd been told, sternly, by my doctor that a lump on my tongue was probably cancer and that I must get it checked out immediately.

"But I couldn't do that. We were in the middle of a Top Gear series. And Top Gear always came first."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-32371111

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/23/15 at 9:42 am

Top Gear presenter James May has said he will not return to the BBC show without co-host Jeremy Clarkson, who was dropped from the show last month.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-32431956

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/23/15 at 4:43 pm

Top Gear executive producer Andy Wilman has quit the BBC show in the wake of Jeremy Clarkson's departure, the BBC has confirmed.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-32437814

Written By: karen on 04/24/15 at 11:44 am

Do you watch The Last Leg on Channel 4?

They are doing an election special for the next couple of weeks.  Last night they had Piers Morgan on. I can't recall exactly what he was asked but it was along the lines of

How do you feel knowing that when Jeremy Clarkson thumped his producer he lost his job and when he thumped you the nation cheered!

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/24/15 at 11:45 am

They are doing an election special for the next couple of weeks.  Last night they had Piers Morgan on. I can't recall exactly what he was asked but it was along the lines of

How do you feel knowing that when Jeremy Clarkson thumped his producer he lost his job and when he thumped you the nation cheered!
Missed it, I will be chech it on 4 On Demand when my film finishes. Thanks.

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/24/15 at 2:23 pm

I like it and funny!

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/01/15 at 3:26 am

Latest rumour is that Jeremy Clarkson, James May and Richard Hammond may form a rock group.

Written By: Bobby on 05/03/15 at 11:57 am

I pretty much agree with this summary, Karen.

Clarkson has tried to make a career out of being controversial but comes across looking like a sad man with a mid-life crisis.

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/03/15 at 1:21 pm

I pretty much agree with this summary, Karen.

Clarkson has tried to make a career out of being controversial but comes across looking like a sad man with a mid-life crisis.
I never read any of his books, were their controversial too?

Written By: Bobby on 05/03/15 at 3:13 pm

I have no idea, Phil. I had no interest in reading them.

Written By: Paul on 05/07/15 at 4:27 am

More or less the same stuff he usually spouts, but in printed form...

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/07/15 at 5:41 am

More or less the same stuff he usually spouts, but in printed form...
Are his books being withdrawn from libraries?

Subject: Re: Jeremy Clarkson and Top Gear

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/08/15 at 7:09 am

Former Top Gear hosts Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond and James May have held talks with ITV, reports the Guardian.

The trio met programme chief Peter Fincham, accompanied by the show's former executive producer, Andy Wilman - raising the prospect of a move to the station.

Although they couldn't use the Top Gear brand, which is owned by BBC Worldwide, the programme-makers could launch a rival to the hit motoring show.

An ITV spokesman said: "We haven't commented and aren't planning to comment on the continual Top Gear speculation which is swirling around the television industry."

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/02/15 at 4:04 am

Top Gear could be set to be hosted by a different person each week after Jeremy Clarkson's axing by the BBC, according to reports.

The corporation is said to be ready to follow the model used on current affairs quiz show Have I Got News For You? after offering Mr Clarkson's former co-hosts James May and Richard Hammond up to £1m a year to remain in their roles.

A source told the Independent of the plan as the motoring show's future remains unclear.

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/top-gear-to-be-hosted-by-a-different-person-every-week-after-jeremy-clarkson-axing-10290432.html

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/16/15 at 3:02 pm

TV and radio personality Chris Evans will replace Jeremy Clarkson as the lead presenter of an all-new Top Gear line-up, the BBC has announced.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-33158464

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/18/15 at 10:01 am

BBC Two controller Kim Shillinglaw has played down suggestions that new host Chris Evans will be joined by a female co-presenter on Top Gear.

On Wednesday, Evans told BBC Radio 5 live that the "on-camera" Top Gear team would "definitely" include a woman.

However later in the day, Shillinglaw said there would be "no gender diktats" with regards to the presenting line-up.

She said female presenters would be considered, but the decision "will be about what's right for the show."

"It has always been a very male world hasn't it?" Shillinglaw told Steve Hewlett on BBC Radio 4's The Media Show.

"I think it's a part of thinking about how we could do things differently, to get a lot more spontaneity in to the show."

"I really care about women on television. I really care how that sits in terms of the channel mix as a whole on BBC Two," she said.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-33180779

Written By: Paul on 06/18/15 at 10:43 am

TV and radio personality Chris Evans will replace Jeremy Clarkson as the lead presenter of an all-new Top Gear line-up, the BBC has announced.

One loudmouthed lout replacing another...great continuity!

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/19/15 at 5:29 am

James May's next career move has been unveiled - a BBC Two show about the car manufacturing industry.

Building Cars Live will see May, Kate Humble and Ant Anstead step inside the BMW Mini plant in Oxford, where a car is built every 67 seconds.

The two 90-minute episodes will also look at the health of British manufacturing and the history of car-making around the world.

Kim Shillinglaw, controller of BBC Two and BBC Four, said: "Broadcasting live from the car factory is a really exciting way to reveal the science, engineering and expertise behind the cars on our roads."

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/19/15 at 5:35 am

The auditions for a role on the newly revamped Top Gear have opened.

Videos should be no longer than 30 seconds and should feature "no cars, no stunts, no gimmicks".

Chris Evans corrected an error he made on his breakfast show yesterday about the process, saying: "You have to be 17 or over. Yesterday I said 16, sorry about that."

He said shortlisted applicants will be asked to audition in front of him "and anyone else if they've already signed. Which could happen in the next few days".

He also warned auditionees not to send clips to his team on the Radio 2 breakfast show.

For further details, visit the Top Gear website.

Subject: Re: Top Gear, Chris Evans and possible new co-hosts

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/24/15 at 5:19 pm

Jeremy Clarkson is poised to announced a major comeback alongside his Top Gear co-hosts Richard Hammond and James May.

The presenters have a new car show in the works – and insiders think it could launch as a Netflix Original programme, although the streaming giant has yet to confirm this.

The trio are reported to be ‘very close’ to a deal with Netflix, sources told the Daily Mirror.

Clarkson and the crew are believed to have been in talks with a number of broadcasters including ITV.

Clarkson confirmed his return in the Sunday Times and an official announcement about the new show is expected in a matter of days.

Read more: http://metro.co.uk/2015/06/24/jeremy-clarkson-and-his-former-top-gear-presenters-poised-for-new-netflix-car-show-5264418/#ixzz3e1LZte9D

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/29/15 at 4:38 am

Reviews for Jeremy Clarkson's final Top Gear episode have offered different opinions on whether the programme was at its best or past its prime.

http://ichef.bbci.co.uk/news/660/cpsprodpb/1FE1/production/_83916180_3ff401d9-daea-4a81-bc70-bec698ea2fa3.jpg

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-33308968

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/30/15 at 5:44 am

Jeremy Clarkson's final series of Top Gear has been nominated for best entertainment show at the 2015 TV Choice Awards.

The series finale bowed out with 5.8 million viewers when it aired on Sunday night.

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/23/15 at 8:56 am

Former Top Gear presenter Richard Hammond is to return to TV as a nature presenter.

He will venture into the Amazon jungle, armed only with a camera, in two one-hour episodes of Richard Hammond's Jungle Quest on Sky 1.

He said he hopes viewers get "a sense of the magic, splendour and wonder of the place as animals and humans live side-by-side amidst the threats they face".

It will be broadcast in September - and no jokes about him having previous experience of working with a couple of large wild beasts, please.

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/29/15 at 8:04 am

Formula 1 driver Jenson Button in pole position for Top Gear presenter job alongside Chris Evans.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/jenson-button-pole-position-top-6156703?ICID=FB_mirror_main

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/30/15 at 5:16 am

Top Gear trio Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond and James May have signed to present a new car show on Amazon’s streaming service in one of the biggest coups in TV history.

The programme will air for the first time next year and be produced by former Top Gear executive Andy Wilman, an old school friend of Clarkson’s who is credited with revamping the format and turning it into the world’s most successful factual TV show.

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/06/15 at 4:10 pm

A senior executive at Netflix says the streaming service declined to sign up the former presenters of Top Gear because "it wasn't worth the money".

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/13/15 at 7:12 am

Zoe Ball is being lined up as a host on the new series of Top Gear. She is said to be a shoo-in to join Chris Evans as a presenter on the car show after producers were impressed by the chemistry between them during test filming.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/zoe-ball-pole-position-join-6433449?ICID=FB_mirror_main

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/19/16 at 12:13 pm

Former Top Gear presenter James May has been vocal in his support for new host Chris Evans, saying the BBC has been "harsh" on him by celebrating the show's history.

"I was surprised they showed lots of Top Gear compilations over Christmas," he told Radio Times.

"Just as he's trying to launch his version of the programme, the BBC is saying: 'Look how brilliant it was before' " 

May is joining the show's former hosts Jeremy Clarkson and Richard Hammond for their new Amazon Prime motoring show, which will be Top Gear's direct rival.

But there's no animosity between them and Evans.

"I'd like to see Chris's Top Gear do well," May said. "It's a ballsy call to continue it. I wouldn't want to be the one presenting it when we'd just finished, but there must be a way of reinventing it.

"We always said it would survive beyond us."

He also poured cold water on suggestions in the press that Top Gear was floundering and may not be ready in time.

"I think the stories about Chris's version being in trouble might be an elaborate hoax, before it explodes onto our screens in brilliance," he said.

Clarkson was dropped by the BBC after what it called a "fracas" with a producer, and his co-presenters signed up to present a new show with him on Amazon's streaming video service.

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/29/16 at 9:00 am

Sir Michael Gambon has said Jeremy Clarkson “didn’t deserve” to be dropped by the BBC, despite the former Top Gear presenter’s attack on a producer last year.

Speaking to Simon Mayo on 5 live, Sir Michael explained why he was not looking forward to the new version of Top Gear, now fronted by Chris Evans, due to his “love” of Jeremy Clarkson.

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/04/16 at 10:44 am

Former Friends star Matt LeBlanc is to be one of the new presenters of Top Gear when the motoring programme returns to BBC Two in May. The US actor will be the show's first non-British host in its 39-year history. "Matt's a lifelong fellow petrolhead and I'm thrilled he's joining Top Gear," said Chris Evans of his new on-screen colleague. Additional Top Gear cast members will be confirmed shortly, the BBC said.

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/11/16 at 3:51 am

Formula 1 commentator Eddie Jordan and German racing driver Sabine Schmitz are to join the new series of Top Gear. Motor journalist Chris Harris and TV presenter Rory Reid have also been signed to co-present the programme. They will join Chris Evans and Matt LeBlanc when the BBC Two programme returns in May.

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/11/16 at 5:28 am

http://ichef.bbci.co.uk/live-experience/cps/624/cpsprodpb/vivo/live/images/2016/2/11/b4427e15-abd1-499a-a4de-38960e1143e1.jpg

And here's the first picture of the full Top Gear line-up.

In case you don't know who some of them are: (from left to right) Rory Reid, Sabine Schmitz, Matt LeBlanc, Chris Evans, Chris Harris, Eddie Jordan and The Stig. 

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/24/16 at 4:40 am

Jeremy Clarkson has issued an apology to Oisin Tymon, the Top Gear producer he punched last March, after settling a £100,000 racial discrimination and personal injury claim.

Subject: Re: Top Gear

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/14/16 at 2:43 am

A former British military commander has called for a Top Gear stunt filmed near a war memorial not to be broadcast. Show host Matt LeBlanc and a professional driver performed "donuts" near to the Cenotaph in central London. Col Richard Kemp told BBC Radio 5 live's Stephen Nolan that the war memorial should be shown "respect". A Top Gear spokesman said images taken by paparazzi made it look like filming had taken place closer than it had in reality.

Full report:  http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-35800187

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/14/16 at 5:34 am

A former British military commander has called for a Top Gear stunt filmed near a war memorial not to be broadcast. Show host Matt LeBlanc and a professional driver performed "donuts" near to the Cenotaph in central London. Col Richard Kemp told BBC Radio 5 live's Stephen Nolan that the war memorial should be shown "respect". A Top Gear spokesman said images taken by paparazzi made it look like filming had taken place closer than it had in reality.

Chris Evans has apologised for a Top Gear stunt which was filmed near a London war memorial over the weekend.

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/14/16 at 9:07 am

Chris Evans has said that footage of a stunt filmed near a London war memorial over the weekend should not be broadcast.

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/27/16 at 3:52 am

The new series of Top Gear will have a sister show called Extra Gear, the BBC has confirmed. The new spin-off will bring fans exclusive footage, interviews and behind-the-scenes access to the main show. It will be presented by Rory Reid, who has already been announced as one of the seven new Top Gear presenters. Extra Gear, which begins in May, will be broadcast on BBC Three and BBC Worldwide.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-36148346

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/11/16 at 11:02 am

The BBC have revealed the new Top Gear series, fronted by Chris Evans and Matt LeBlanc, will debut on 29 May.

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/18/16 at 4:14 am

A towering figure had appeared outside the BBC's Broadcasting House overnight. The (giant) Stig is of course here to let us know that the new series of Top Gear is now only 11 days away, premiering on 29 May on BBC Two.

http://ichef.bbci.co.uk/live-experience/cps/704/cpsprodpb/vivo/live/images/2016/5/18/91d109b5-dc31-4607-a314-721b5245bff6.jpg

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/30/16 at 1:43 am

Top Gear returns to BBC Two with new hosts

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-36409943

Motoring show Top Gear has returned to BBC Two with its new line-up of hosts. The relaunch featured Chris Evans and Matt LeBlanc driving Reliant three-wheelers from London to Blackpool and actor Jesse Eisenberg and chef Gordon Ramsay tackling the Top Gear track.

http://ichef.bbci.co.uk/news/660/cpsprodpb/38B1/production/_89831541_hi031389716.jpg

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/30/16 at 3:51 pm

The relaunch of BBC Two's Top Gear was seen by an average of 4.4 million viewers, overnight figures show. New host Chris Evans said earlier in the week he would be "disappointed" with anything fewer than five million viewers for the show's first episode.

Written By: Henk on 05/30/16 at 4:34 pm

The relaunch of BBC Two's Top Gear was seen by an average of 4.4 million viewers, overnight figures show. New host Chris Evans said earlier in the week he would be "disappointed" with anything fewer than five million viewers for the show's first episode.

I've watched it. I wasn't sure what to expect, but the format has stayed much the same. Not sure if that's a good thing, although I understand that too much change would scare the viewers/fans off straightaway. On the other hand, now people will start comparing Chris Evans with Jeremy Clarkson, and Matt LeBlanc with Richard Hammond (or James May). Either way, you can't please the fans.

Written By: karen on 05/31/16 at 9:06 am

I though Chris Evans was a bit shouty, and Matt le Blanc had the sarcasm about right for the show.  I can't decide if being so similar to the previous show is a good thing or not.

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/01/16 at 1:28 pm

I though Chris Evans was a bit shouty, and Matt le Blanc had the sarcasm about right for the show.  I can't decide if being so similar to the previous show is a good thing or not.
Watching it right now, and Chris Evans is shouting to much. More or Blanc than Evans please!

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/28/16 at 12:47 pm

Top Gear USA has been cancelled, the BBC has confirmed. The programme, broadcast on the History channel in the US, is a spin-off from the popular motoring series and not the version shown in the UK starring Matt LeBlanc and Chris Evans.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-36649402

Written By: LyricBoy on 07/04/16 at 7:25 pm

Top Gear USA has been cancelled, the BBC has confirmed. The programme, broadcast on the History channel in the US, is a spin-off from the popular motoring series and not the version shown in the UK starring Matt LeBlanc and Chris Evans.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-36649402

I read the other day that Matt LeBlanc is considering quitting the show because he thinks Chris Evans is a colossal a-hole.  ;D

Written By: Baltimoreian on 07/04/16 at 7:27 pm

There was a show for this? Jesus, when the hell are they going to stop making reboots? This is why the 2010s would be criticized as one of the most unoriginal decades so far. How can anybody bare this?

Written By: karen on 07/05/16 at 2:03 pm

I read the other day that Matt LeBlanc is considering quitting the show because he thinks Chris Evans is a colossal a-hole.  ;D

Well looks like Chris beat him to it

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/11/16 at 6:30 am

Top Gear presenter Matt LeBlanc has said he is keen to return for a second series of the motoring show, but does not know what the future holds.

http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-37043802

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/26/16 at 8:38 am

US star Matt LeBlanc has signed a two-series deal with the BBC to continue hosting Top Gear.
LeBlanc will be joined by Chris Harris and Rory Reid with regular appearances from Eddie Jordan, Sabine Schmitz and The Stig.
Co-host Chris Evans stepped down from the BBC Two show after one series.
BBC Two editor Patrick Holland said: "I am thrilled Matt LeBlanc is returning to Top Gear. He's a huge talent whose love of cars is infectious. "

http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-37470962

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/31/18 at 2:56 pm

Matt LeBlanc is to leave Top Gear after the next series. The Friends and Episodes star began presenting the BBC Two show alongside Chris Evans in 2016. LeBlanc went on to front the show with Rory Reid and Chris Harris when Evans left after his first series. LeBlanc said that despite Top Gear being "great fun", the "time commitment and extensive travel... takes me away from my family and friends more than I'm comfortable with."

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/22/18 at 4:35 am

Paddy McGuinness and Andrew Flintoff will be the new presenters of Top Gear, the BBC has confirmed. The pair will take over from Matt LeBlanc, after he steps down from presenting duties at the end of the next series. The comedian and former England cricket captain will join existing presenter and former racing driver Chris Harris to complete the new-look line-up. Filming for the 27th series of the BBC Two show will begin in early 2019.

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/14/19 at 8:42 am

In recent years, the motoring elements of Top Gear have taken a back seat to the drama surrounding the presenters. Things have been turbulent since the 2015 departure of Clarkson, Hammond and May, with relatively short-lived stints for the likes of Chris Evans and Matt LeBlanc. But producers are hoping they've struck gold with the show's latest signings. Top Gear's newest recruits are Andrew "Freddie" Flintoff and Paddy McGuinness - a pairing which took viewers by surprise when it was announced last October. "When people saw the names, they probably went, 'hang on, a cricketer and a comedian?'" acknowledges Chris Harris, the show's professional racing driver and self-proclaimed car geek.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-48549960

Check for new replies or respond here...