inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Britain's Got Talent

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/17/15 at 8:49 am

Britain's Got Talent misled viewers over the use of a second dog in the final of the ITV talent show, media watchdog Ofcom has ruled. Jules O'Dwyer and her dog Matisse won the talent show in June, but it was later revealed that another dog, Chase, performed the tightrope walk section. While Ofcom acknowledged ITV did not intend to deceive viewers, it said they were ultimately misled. ITV expressed "sincere regret" about the "unfortunate editorial mistake". It has said it will refund viewers who paid to vote for the winning act, or donate their money to charity.

http://ichef.bbci.co.uk/news/660/media/images/83373000/jpg/_83373776_ff1502e5-67bc-4c67-882c-26c2e6513816.jpg

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-33957710

Subject: Re: Britain's Got Talent

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/18/16 at 9:34 am

Overnight viewing figures for Saturday night's episode - the second of this year's series - show that 11 million of us tuned in at its peak. Overall, an average of 9.8 million people watched the episode, giving it a 46% share – almost half the viewing audience. Saturday's instalment of the talent show saw 14-year-old Jack Higgins impress the judges with his ballet display. It's since been reported he is the cousin of another contestant, Beau Dermott - one of this year's favourites.

Written By: whistledog on 04/20/16 at 3:18 pm

I watch the clips on YouTube.  I think BGT is the best of all the "Got Talent" shows as it has produced the most talent who have made it.  Plus, Alesha Dixon is gorgeous and I don't mind looking at her at all.

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/20/16 at 3:21 pm

I watch the clips on YouTube.  I think BGT is the best of all the "Got Talent" shows as it has produced the most talent who have made it.  Plus, Alesha Dixon is gorgeous and I don't mind looking at her at all.
It is the must-see program over here and I am under orders to record it each Saturday for the family to view it.

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/25/16 at 10:49 am

ITV show Britain's Got Talent will not be investigated by the broadcasting watchdog over a sword-swallowing act that drew 33 complaints.

Written By: karen on 05/02/16 at 3:59 am

ITV show Britain's Got Talent will not be investigated by the broadcasting watchdog over a sword-swallowing act that drew 33 complaints.

they've had sword swallowers on before.  I remember when The Hoff was a judge he was criticised for pressing the buzzer just as the man started to swallow the sword.

I only saw this new act on Gogglebox and it made me cringe, but I don't see that there was anything to complain about.

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/29/16 at 2:46 am

Soldier magician Richard Jones wins Britain's Got Talent final

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-36407118

Army bandsman and magician Richard Jones has won the final of this year's Britain's Got Talent. The lance corporal of The Household Cavalry impressed the judges and public with his military-themed act. "I can't believe it, thank you so much to everyone that voted - it's been an incredible experience, it means the world to me," the 25-year-old said. Jones wins a £250,000 prize and the opportunity to appear at the Royal Variety Performance. He is the first magician to win the talent show in its 10-year history.

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/29/16 at 6:31 am

The final of this year's Britain's Got Talent drew the lowest audience in the show's 10-year history, according to overnight figures. An average of eight million people tuned in to watch the finale as it was broadcast live, with an additional 500,000 watching on ITV+1. Viewing peaked at 9.7 million as Army bandsman and magician Richard Jones was announced the winner. The previous low was in 2014, when 10.7 million saw singing act Collabro win.

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/28/19 at 1:54 pm

Britain’s Got Talent viewers divided as ‘mind-reading’ dog act leaves Simon Cowell in tears

https://metro.co.uk/2019/04/27/britains-got-talent-viewers-divided-mind-reading-dog-act-simon-cowell-left-tears-9329425/?ito=cbshare

Simon Cowell broke down in tears over a mind-reading dog act on the latest episode of Britain’s Got Talent, but viewers at home were left divided over the scenes.

Subject: Ant and Dec 'wanted to quit' Britain's Got Talent

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/28/20 at 8:38 am

Ant and Dec say they almost quit Britain's Got Talent in 2012, partly because they were unhappy with the way the show was being edited.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-53946517

Subject: Filming postponed for Britain's Got Talent Christmas special

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/13/20 at 11:46 am

The Britain's Got Talent Christmas special has postponed its filming after at least three crew members tested positive for coronavirus. The affected workers found out their test results before production was due to begin this week. A spokeswoman for the ITV show said protocols had been followed and "crew members are self-isolating at home". The festive special is expected to feature some of the show's most successful past acts.

Check for new replies or respond here...