inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Regular Show is being cancelled

Written By: Baltimoreian on 08/19/16 at 4:35 pm

Yep, that's right. One of the most famous Cartoon Network shows in the Check-It era is being cancelled, despite being a huge cash grab towards CN. It felt way too early to end, despite being on the air for 6 years. So I suppose this might be the downfall of the Renaissance for Cartoon Network, as it's probably going to end more shows after this.

Subject: Re: Regular Show is being cancelled

Written By: Baltimoreian on 08/19/16 at 4:35 pm

There's also a video about it, if you want to know more.

XRcW5c4x1so

Written By: 80sfan on 08/19/16 at 4:43 pm

I actually quite like the show. Too bad.

I wonder why it's being cancelled. Low ratings, perhaps?

Written By: Baltimoreian on 08/19/16 at 4:55 pm

I actually quite like the show. Too bad.

I wonder why it's being cancelled. Low ratings, perhaps?

I honestly thought the show was doing well, especially with Cartoon Network advertising it a lot.

Written By: 80sfan on 08/19/16 at 5:12 pm

I honestly thought the show was doing well, especially with Cartoon Network advertising it a lot.

I checked Wikipedia for the ratings for all of the seasons. The 2015-2016 season had lower ratings. My guess is the ratings were at least one reason for the cancellation.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 08/19/16 at 5:42 pm

I checked Wikipedia for the ratings for all of the seasons. The 2015-2016 season had lower ratings. My guess is the ratings were at least one reason for the cancellation.

Well, that seems rather harsh for them. I know there isn't a lot of praise for Regular Show now, but they could've made the show better.

Written By: Eazy-EMAN1995 on 09/09/16 at 3:22 pm

Wow, there a sh*t ton of shows ending in 2016... The classic 2010s are truly ending, and the modern 10s are starting.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 09/09/16 at 3:31 pm

Wow, there a sh*t ton of shows ending in 2016... The classic 2010s are truly ending, and the modern 10s are starting.

I feel like the modern 2010s would start around mid 2017, which is probably when a new era would start.

Written By: #Infinity on 09/09/16 at 8:57 pm

I suppose it isn't a terrible thing for Cartoon Network to avoid having the show suffer from seasonal rot like Spongebob or The Simpsons. Plus, at least shows like Adventure Time and Steven Universe are still on the air.

Written By: Looney Toon on 09/09/16 at 9:05 pm

WWaLxFIVX1s

Always gives me mixed feelings when a show ends. On one hand the show doesn't suffer from Simpsons and Spongebob syndrome. On the other hand we've lost a good show. Although then again the show has been running for 6 years which I suppose is enough time. Only thing I'm concerned about is CN's idea for new cartoons. I don't like their current schedule as it seems like they only have 7 shows running (Uncle Grandpa, Gumball, Adventure Time, Clarence, Teen Titans Go, We Bare Bears) which is still terrible for a channel that once had a huge selection of cartoons.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 09/10/16 at 8:35 am

I suppose it isn't a terrible thing for Cartoon Network to avoid having the show suffer from seasonal rot like Spongebob or The Simpsons. Plus, at least shows like Adventure Time and Steven Universe are still on the air.

Well, there's that. Especially when the show wasn't going that well recently.

WWaLxFIVX1s

Always gives me mixed feelings when a show ends. On one hand the show doesn't suffer from Simpsons and Spongebob syndrome. On the other hand we've lost a good show. Although then again the show has been running for 6 years which I suppose is enough time. Only thing I'm concerned about is CN's idea for new cartoons. I don't like their current schedule as it seems like they only have 7 shows running (Uncle Grandpa, Gumball, Adventure Time, Clarence, Teen Titans Go, We Bare Bears) which is still terrible for a channel that once had a huge selection of cartoons.

It's honestly sad for any children's network to not air a lot of cartoons, but that might has to deal with a lot of kids now using YouTube. The site has an endless amount of cartoons, that could easily entertain a kid. Especially when most people just use cable TV for sports, news, and further new episodes of HBO shows (e.g. Game of Thrones). To me, I could thank Kisscartoon for existing, since today's television is very boring.

Written By: mqg96 on 09/10/16 at 3:42 pm

While I've only been a casual on and off viewer of CN since my main CN childhood ended 9 years ago. I have to say that I'm very sad to see Regular Show end after a good 8 seasons, and like #Infinity said at least it won't end up going through a seasonal rot like Spongebob Squarepants or the Simpsons have been in the last several years. It's going to end on a good note and leave a great legacy. Regular Show has been without a doubt my favorite show of CN's CHECK it era. It premiered the year after my favorite CN show of all time Ed, Edd n Eddy ended. I'd always watch Regular Show like once or twice a week whenever I have a chance to, and it's the only original show left on CN I care about. Adventure Time is my 2nd favorite show of this era but I don't care for it anymore. I don't care for the other CN originals currently on the air either so... even with barely less hours than CN has been doing a lot better than CN the last few years IMO. CN's CHECK it era has been downgraded the last few years, because instead of coming up with creative shows it's been coming up with all these reboots lately like TTGO, PPG (2016), and now this upcoming Ben 10 reboot. Ironically the same problem has been going on with the movie industry lately, compared to the original ideas 2012 & 2013 offered to us in the theaters. I think 2011 & 2012 were my favorite years of CN's CHECK it era, because of Adventure Time and Regular Show being the top 2 shows. The fact that MAD and The Looney Tunes Show were watchable. The Cartoon Planet block for classics, and the action shows like Young Justice, Scooby-Doo Mystery Inc, Generator Rex, Sym-Bionic Titan, Thundercats (2011), etc. Since 2013 or 2014 CN has been having the same repetitive schedule with kiddy comedy and lack of variety.

Written By: mqg96 on 09/10/16 at 3:44 pm

Exactly, Cartoon Network over the years used to have a huge library of cartoons whether it was comedy, action, old/classics, etc. and the schedule was so diverse. Cartoon Network now is like going into a library and it's only one author making all the books and no other type of variety out there.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 09/10/16 at 4:28 pm

While I've only been a casual on and off viewer of CN since my main CN childhood ended 9 years ago. I have to say that I'm very sad to see Regular Show end after a good 8 seasons, and like #Infinity said at least it won't end up going through a seasonal rot like Spongebob Squarepants or the Simpsons have been in the last several years. It's going to end on a good note and leave a great legacy. Regular Show has been without a doubt my favorite show of CN's CHECK it era. It premiered the year after my favorite CN show of all time Ed, Edd n Eddy ended. I'd always Regular Show like once or twice a week whenever I have a chance to, and it's the only original show left on CN I care about. Adventure Time is my 2nd favorite show of this era but I don't care for it anymore. I don't care for the other CN originals currently on the air either so... even with barely less hours than CN has been doing a lot better than CN the last few years IMO. CN's CHECK it era has been downgraded the last few years, because instead of coming up with creative shows it's been coming up with all these reboots lately like TTGO, PPG (2016), and now this upcoming Ben 10 reboot. Ironically the same problem has been going on with the movie industry lately, compared to the original ideas 2012 & 2013 offered to us in the theaters. I think 2011 & 2012 were my favorite years of CN's CHECK it era, because of Adventure Time and Regular Show being the top 2 shows. The fact that MAD and The Looney Tunes Show were watchable. The Cartoon Planet block for classics, and the action shows like Young Justice, Scooby-Doo Mystery Inc, Generator Rex, Sym-Bionic Titan, Thundercats (2011), etc. Since 2013 or 2014 CN has been having the same repetitive schedule with kiddy comedy and lack of variety.

Yeah... this is probably why I still watched Cartoon Network until the early 2010s. And I could agree with you saying that 2011 and 2012 were your favorite years for the Check-It era. There was a lot of shows that seemed to be memorable towards those years. Even though it still had those live-action shows, it was still watchable to me. Nowadays, I only watch it for We Bare Bears, considering it gives me some kind of nostalgia with some episodes.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 09/12/16 at 12:51 pm

In related news, Cartoon Network cancels The Amazing World of Gumball. While I could say they're doing this because they want newer shows, it's still a disappointment to most of their fans.

MHzbF19cDKg

Written By: 1999 Baby, 2000s Kid on 09/12/16 at 2:10 pm

I've never seen Regular Show, but I've heard stuff about it, and saw ads for it when I watched Star Wars: The Clone Wars back then. This sucks though for the fans, I hate when a show I'm a fan of ends, and this one seemed good based on everything I knew about it. Cartoon Network days ended for me personals a while ago though, last show I watched was The Clone Wars until it cancelled.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 09/12/16 at 2:29 pm

I've never seen Regular Show, but I've heard stuff about it, and saw ads for it when I watched Star Wars: The Clone Wars back then. This sucks though for the fans, I hate when a show I'm a fan of ends, and this one seemed good based on everything I knew about it. Cartoon Network days ended for me personals a while ago though, last show I watched was The Clone Wars until it cancelled.

To me, the hype for my own tastes of Cartoon Network died when the Check-It era was around. Even though I still watched it until 2013.

Check for new replies or respond here...