inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: S. W. A. T. Remake

Written By: LyricBoy on 11/02/17 at 5:37 pm

I just heard on the radio today that tonight CBS network (in the US of A) is premiering a remake of the1970's classic, S. W. A. T.

I can't wait to hear that cool opening theme and hear the tires screeching.  8)

_o0U_0WBSPU

Subject: Re: S. W. A. T. Remake

Written By: LyricBoy on 11/03/17 at 4:39 am

Show was pretty cool. They play the theme song while the closing credits are rolling though. I always liked them at the beginning because they’d get you all amped up for some police action.

The SWAT guys apparently got rid of that bread truck they used to have, and now they have an MRAP.  ::)

Violence was awesome, much more intense than the original. They had this one scene where Hondo and his crew blew away three bad guys in one multi shot. I think SWAT snuffed 5 or 6 perps in this episode. Modern day Hondo’s  perps do not get booked into jail, they get driven to the morgue.  :o

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/03/17 at 4:52 am

I'm hoping it will be shown on UK television, for I remember liking the original series, or will it be on Netflix?

Written By: Howard on 11/03/17 at 7:22 am

I just heard on the radio today that tonight CBS network (in the US of A) is premiering a remake of the1970's classic, S. W. A. T.

I can't wait to hear that cool opening theme and hear the tires screeching.  8)

_o0U_0WBSPU

I'm pretty sure they won't have a funky entrance.

Written By: whistledog on 05/21/18 at 3:20 am

From what I understand, this new TV show is based on the 2003 film which in-turn was based on the original 70s series.
The original S.W.A.T. was canceled after its 2nd season because the excessive violence was too hot for TV.
I feel this new series will last for a while because all the things they couldn't do in prime time back then, they can certainly do now.

Written By: LyricBoy on 05/21/18 at 6:55 pm

From what I understand, this new TV show is based on the 2003 film which in-turn was based on the original 70s series.
The original S.W.A.T. was canceled after its 2nd season because the excessive violence was too hot for TV.
I feel this new series will last for a while because all the things they couldn't do in prime time back then, they can certainly do now.

I only saw the first episode of this remake and the violence was excellent. Hondo and crew don't screw around.  8)

This isn't the A-Team where Mad Dog Murdoch unloads an entire magazine of ammo and can't even hit the side of a barn. ::) This new S.W.A.T. team will gun you down without giving it a second thought.

Check for new replies or respond here...