inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Generation Game: Comeback fronted by Mel & Sue limited to two shows

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/07/18 at 7:53 am

A revival of The Generation Game, to be hosted by comedy duo Mel Giedroyc and Sue Perkins, has been reduced to just two shows. When the vintage game show's return was announced last year, the BBC said it would have a four-episode run. "During the production process it's not unusual for a new series to change length as the format evolves," said the BBC in a statement. "We've got a brilliant show for audiences on BBC One this spring."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-42974700

From what I heard from the radio, that the shows were not funny in the style as of Brice Forsyth.

Subject: Re: Generation Game: Comeback fronted by Mel & Sue limited to two shows

Written By: whistledog on 02/07/18 at 4:14 pm

They never did an American version of Generation Game.  The first i'd ever heard of it was in the 1993 Saint Etienne song You're in a bad way that featured a lyric:  "Get your kicks watching Bruce on the old Generation Game"

Subject: Re: Generation Game: Comeback fronted by Mel & Sue limited to two shows

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/09/18 at 1:55 am

They never did an American version of Generation Game.  The first i'd ever heard of it was in the 1993 Saint Etienne song You're in a bad way that featured a lyric:  "Get your kicks watching Bruce on the old Generation Game"
I have never realised of this song.

there must be clips of Bruce Forsyth of the Generation Game on youtube

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/02/18 at 3:51 am

I saw the first episode of this television show last night.

I did no laugh once, and my son did twice, the whole show was unfunny, and full of clear sexual innuendo before the watershed of 9pm.

...and from what I have heard is that the series should run for four episodes, but only two have been recorded...

Check for new replies or respond here...