inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Written By: meesa on 05/04/18 at 9:28 pm

Anyone watch?
I watch with a group of Marvel fans-usually. Love the tie-ins to the films!

Subject: Re: Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Written By: mqg96 on 05/04/18 at 9:34 pm

Anyone watch?
I watch with a group of Marvel fans-usually. Love the tie-ins to the films!

HAILLLLL

YEEEEEESSSSSS

HELL

HYDRA!!!!

BEST SUPERHERO TV SERIES THIS ENTIRE DECADE!!!! SO MANY SURPRISES AND TWISTS THROUGHOUT THE WHOLE SERIES! EVERY SEASON HAS GOTTEN BETTER AND BETTER WHICH IS RARE FOR ANY TV SERIES. THIS SEASON 5 HAS BEEN THE MOST INTENSE EVER! JUST GOT THROUGH WATCHING THE LATEST ONE AND ALL I HAVE TO SAY IS "GRAVITON!!!"

This series totally crushes all of those cheesy DC CW shows let's be honest. Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. has mastermind writing.

Written By: mqg96 on 05/04/18 at 9:34 pm

and after watching Infinity War yesterday, the ties ins with season 5 makes complete sense now.

Written By: meesa on 05/05/18 at 10:59 am

This series totally crushes all of those cheesy DC CW shows let's be honest. Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. has mastermind writing.

I have to agree. I'm Marvel and my son is DC so we have some pretty heated debates.  ;D ;D

The writing of this series has been very good. Many say they don't like the first season but I enjoyed it. They were just getting going and there were so many campy moments I got a kick out of them.

And Graviton! Glenn Talbot has become one of my favorite characters.

Written By: meesa on 05/05/18 at 11:00 am

and after watching Infinity War yesterday, the ties ins with season 5 makes complete sense now.

Definitely. I was beginning to wonder how they would do any kind of tie in with IW- and last nights episode solved that one.

Written By: mqg96 on 05/05/18 at 11:35 am

I have to agree. I'm Marvel and my son is DC so we have some pretty heated debates.  ;D ;D

The writing of this series has been very good. Many say they don't like the first season but I enjoyed it. They were just getting going and there were so many campy moments I got a kick out of them.

And Graviton! Glenn Talbot has become one of my favorite characters.

The first season starts out very slow but as the series goes on it gets better and better. It PAYS OFF once you stick with it. Every season of this series has gotten darker and darker but it's always stayed solid. Sometimes I miss the light atmosphere of seasons 1 & 2 but hey it is what it is. In this show they actually CARE about every character. They put afford into the character development of EVERYONE, even the side characters, which a lot of other series have a hard time doing. Such as the Flash or Arrow on CW which has a lot of inconsistencies. The best thing about DC is its animated universe from 1992-2006 (Batman: TAS, Superman: TAS, Justice League/Unlimited, Batman Beyond), Teen Titans, Young Justice, and its direct-to-video animated films from 2007-present >>> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DC_Universe_Animated_Original_Movies But with a few exceptions, the majority DC's live action adaptions have been failures. The DC CW shows started off very well with the first couple of seasons of Arrow and the Flash but its later seasons have gotten worse and worse and more cheesy. Don't even get me started with the movies except for Suicide Squad and Wonder Woman which were solid.

Since Iron Man came in 2008, the Marvel universe has been excellent and has introduced us so much variety of characters I never even knew about in the past. Before the Marvel Cinematic Universe started in 2008, the only Marvel characters I knew were the X-Men members and Spider-Man, but now I'm into so many other interesting characters with great backgrounds (Dr. Strange FTW!) I used to think Captain America was an old super hero for the elderly generation but once I watched First Avenger and Winter Soldier my opinions totally changed on that. The Thor movies were epic, Guardians of the Galaxy, Black Panther (Wakanda forever!), and the Avengers movies (THANOS!) TV series such as Agents of SHIELD, Luke Cage, Jessica Jones, and Daredevil are high quality as well. Although I've only watched SHIELD, I gotta get into the other ones soon. The DC super powers are basic and generic (super strength, super speed, etc.) but the Marvel super powers have a lot of thought into them like its having an impact on your biological chemistry. They make you feel like the Marvel powers are more realistic, with the writing they discover what the powers actually do to your cell membranes and your mind so you can understand why it happens. Or going through dimensions and seeing the possibilities of time such as Dr. Strange's powers.

Agents of SHIELD Season 3 question (for you messa)

Remember that season 3 episode when Jemma Simmons was stranded on another planet? That was the most mastery type of writing I had ever seen from a TV series. The way they set it up towards the end of season 2 and how at the beginning of season 3 you didn't know what was gonna happen.

Written By: meesa on 05/07/18 at 8:55 pm

agree with your spoiler comment! Fitzsimmons are a perfect combination and I love them to pieces.

I love Marvel, and I am an MCU junkie.
I can't get into DC- DC takes itself waaaaaaaaaaaaaay to seriously and it shows. Their characters feel one dimensional to me, although I know DC fans disagree. To each their own!
Marvel superheroes and characters are human, flawed and it makes it easy to relate to them. And VERY hard to pick a favorite *cough*Rocket Raccoon* cough.

;D

Written By: mqg96 on 05/11/18 at 9:54 pm

So meesa, are our hearts gonna make it into next week? Season finale or series finale, I'm so dead nervous how this is going to finish! THE PROPHECY IS RIGHT IN FRONT OF US!

Check for new replies or respond here...