inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Eurovision 2018

Written By: meesa on 05/08/18 at 4:14 pm

Anyone watching?  :)

Subject: Re: Eurovision 2018

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/08/18 at 4:18 pm

Anyone watching?  :)
I hope to be, even the semi finals, I missed it last year,who won?

Written By: meesa on 05/08/18 at 4:21 pm

I hope to be, even the semi finals, I missed it last year,who won?

My daughter got to watch the semifinals today after classes. I had to work, so hoping I can find a way to go back and watch.
Portugal won last year.

Daughter's favorites this year are Austria and Ireland, with Israel being a bonus because of their creativity, she says.  ;D

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/08/18 at 4:25 pm

My daughter got to watch the semifinals today after classes. I had to work, so hoping I can find a way to go back and watch.
Portugal won last year.

Daughter's favorites this year are Austria and Ireland, with Israel being a bonus because of their creativity, she says.  ;D
Thanks, and I missed today's semi final, but will watch it tomorrow on BBC iPlayer (the catch up service).

Written By: gibbo on 05/09/18 at 6:31 am

I don't believe Australia should be in the comp...

Written By: gibbo on 05/09/18 at 7:18 pm

I don't believe Australia should be in the comp...

However, we ARE still in the running this year.  Jessica Mauboy has a big voice and has some chance of winning this thing. But ... we still shouldn't be included a Euro talent comp...

Written By: meesa on 05/09/18 at 8:30 pm

I had a chance to see the music videos of the performances (unfortunately not the live ones) and my favorites are Israel , Finland, and Cyprus.

Netta (Israel) is extremely talented and her song is catchy. The chicken references made me laugh out loud.

Saara Aalto (Finland) has an amazing voice and her song was excellent.

I have been calling (Cyprus) Eleni Foureira "Beyanna", as she reminds me of a mix of Beyonce and Rhianna.

This will be my third - ish Eurovision experience and I am looking forward to the final. Although I maintain that Petra and Måns should be retained as hosts every year!  ;D ;D (No offense, I understand the rules!)

Written By: Henk on 05/11/18 at 1:44 am

Yes, I'm watching - although I wasn't able to see the first semi-final last Tuesday.

I did see yesterday's semi-final though, and was pleased to see The Netherlands going through to the final. :)
On the other hand, I was sad to see Latvia being eliminated. Not sure what went wrong there. :-\\

Poland was also being eliminated yesterday - all because there's too much of a difference between their studio recording and their live performance. I think beforehand they were seen as somewhat of a dark horse, but Lukas Meijer just isn't that good a singer/performer, I'm afraid.

Still, plenty of candidates left for the win! My personal favorites include Israel, Hungary and Ukraine (even though I have no idea what Melovin is singing  ;D).

As for Waylon... I'm not as optimistic as some who predict a Top 5-spot. I'm thinking we'll end up somewhere around 13th place.

Check for new replies or respond here...