inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: The Clinton Affair

Written By: LyricBoy on 11/18/18 at 2:49 pm

A&E Network is running a three-episode special on President Bill Clinton's issues in the late 1990's.  It is entitled The Clinton Affair.

From what I can tell it tends to focus on the whole Monica Lewinsky story line.

Now... while I never voted for Clinton, I had no particular problem with his philandering ways. The voters of the USA knew they were electing a cad, so I said at the time, "no harm, no foul".  I mean if Hillary could live with Bill hitting anything that moved, why should I?  Although his lying under oath about partying with the intern did present a legal issue, especially after he violated my "2 week rule".

I'm gonna watch this, mainly just to go down memory lane and to see how the various players try to spin their roles in this sordid story.  8-P

Subject: Re: The Clinton Affair

Written By: LyricBoy on 11/20/18 at 6:27 pm

Here I am watching part 2 of the series.

Monica is describing the night that her dress got, uh, "soiled".

As her story went, after she left the White House, she went to some sort of party and "nobody told me I had any stuff on my dress".  8-P

Have not gotten to the part on how it came to be that she told Linda Tripp about the foreign substance on her dress.  8-P  ???  8-P

Man, you just can't make this stuff up.

Subject: Re: The Clinton Affair

Written By: LyricBoy on 11/21/18 at 5:53 pm

Watching part 2, I am reminded about just how much of a low life, back stabbing, amoral skank Linda Tripp was.  8-P

However one feels about Clinton or Monica, there is absolutely no doubt in my mind that Tripp was a complete dirt bag. Felt that way back when, and am reminded of it again today.

Check for new replies or respond here...