inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: 2018-2019 Cancellations

Written By: ChrisBodilyTM on 05/11/19 at 3:00 am

https://deadline.com/2019/05/canceled-tv-shows-2018-19-season-photo-gallery-the-big-bang-theory-jane-the-virgin-1202607537/

Here are some of the 2018-2019 shows that have reportedly been cancelled.

Murphy Brown (CBS)
The Kids Are Alright (ABC)
Speechless (ABC)
The Fix (ABC)
Star (Fox)
Take Two (ABC)
Rel (Fox)
Cools Kids (Fox)
The Passage (Fox)
Reverie (NBC)
I Feel Bad (NBC)
Marlon (NBC)
Happy Together (CBS)
Fam (CBS)
Life in Pieces (CBS)
Salvation (CBS)
Midnight, Texas (NBC)
Shades of Blue (NBC)
The Gifted (Fox)
For the People (ABC)
Splitting Up Together (ABC)
Arrow (CW)

This leaves me with literally zero CBS shows in prime time. Literally, zilch. Goose eggs. Murphy Brown was literally the only CBS prime time show I watched this season ("watch" as in actually watch, not turn on as background noise and let it mumble away on mediocre speakers). I watched ABC the most of the four major networks, followed by (probably) Fox, NBC, and CBS dead last. I watched even The CW more than I did CBS.

This is stark contrast to just a few years ago, when I largely banished ABC for cancelling Pushing Daisies. It took me years to forgive them.

Did your faves get cancelled? Three of mine listed did. Luckily, they renewed Fresh Off the Boat, 911, and Manifest.

Subject: Re: 2018-2019 Cancellations

Written By: LyricBoy on 05/11/19 at 8:26 am

Wow. Next season is going to be a real suckfest.

Written By: Howard on 05/11/19 at 2:39 pm

https://deadline.com/2019/05/canceled-tv-shows-2018-19-season-photo-gallery-the-big-bang-theory-jane-the-virgin-1202607537/

Here are some of the 2018-2019 shows that have reportedly been cancelled.

Murphy Brown (CBS)
The Kids Are Alright (ABC)
Speechless (ABC)
The Fix (ABC)
Star (Fox)
Take Two (ABC)
Rel (Fox)
Cools Kids (Fox)
The Passage (Fox)
Reverie (NBC)
I Feel Bad (NBC)
Marlon (NBC)
Happy Together (CBS)
Fam (CBS)
Life in Pieces (CBS)
Salvation (CBS)
Midnight, Texas (NBC)
Shades of Blue (NBC)
The Gifted (Fox)
For the People (ABC)
Splitting Up Together (ABC)

This leaves me with literally zero CBS shows in prime time. Literally, zilch. Goose eggs. Murphy Brown was literally the only CBS prime time show I watched this season ("watch" as in actually watch, not turn on as background noise and let it mumble away on mediocre speakers). I watched ABC the most of the four major networks, followed by (probably) Fox, NBC, and CBS dead last. I watched even The CW more than I did CBS.

This is stark contrast to just a few years ago, when I largely banished ABC for cancelling Pushing Daisies. It took me years to forgive them.

Did your faves get cancelled? Three of mine listed did. Luckily, they renewed Fresh Off the Boat, 911, and Manifest.

Wow, already, Didn't Murphy Brown make their debut after 20 years being off television? :o

Written By: mqg96 on 05/15/19 at 10:19 am

Arrow from CW got cancelled (ends in Fall 2019). Empire is getting cancelled but for a good reason tho, and Game of Thrones airs its final episode on Sunday.

Written By: ChrisBodilyTM on 05/15/19 at 6:04 pm

I'm actually not counting shows that ended on their own terms, like Gotham just did and GOT is doing. I'm talking "Get out of my office" cancellations. :)

Written By: mqg96 on 05/15/19 at 10:20 pm

^ Arrow did get cancelled though without having an actual ending, and it's not going to hit 2020. The Big Bang Theory on the other hand which ends tomorrow, yeah I wouldn't consider that as a cancellation. It's ending on its own terms and it's been on so long too.

Check for new replies or respond here...