inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: The Last of Us

Written By: LooseBolt on 01/20/23 at 2:34 pm

A post-apocalyptic zombie drama adapted from the hit 2013 game from Naughty Dog, which debuted on HBO Max on Sunday, January 15. Reviewers have been raving about it, fans of the game have lauded the first episode as both respectfully faithful to the source material and including some welcome surprises and subversions, and if the reviews of the rest of the season are to be believed, The Last of Us could finally knock Stranger Things off its throne and become the new king of sci-fi/horror. The series is produced - and some episodes written and/or directed - by the lead creative director of the original game, Neil Druckmann, and it’s chiefly directed by Craig Mazin, who brought us Chernobyl.

Has anyone else seen it? I went in with pretty tempered expectations and was blown away. I dare say this might be the first unqualifiedly good video game adaptation. I’m very pleased.

Happy discussing!

Subject: Re: The Last of Us

Written By: batfan2005 on 01/21/23 at 6:23 am

I was just about to post here about it. I did watch the premier and it was really good. Unlike many streaming series and more like a cable TV series, they only release one episode per week so you look forward to the next week's episode instead of trying to binge watch it.

Check for new replies or respond here...