inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Ben And Jerry's

Written By: resinchaser on 07/10/04 at 9:36 pm

I have never really consumed much dairy in my life. But since I tried Cherry Garcia, I have to say that i'm hooked!

Subject: Re: Ben And Jerry's

Written By: Jessica on 07/11/04 at 1:06 am

The frozen yogurt version of the chocolate fudge brownie. :)

Written By: Gis on 07/11/04 at 4:23 am

God Bless Ben and Jerry's who were giving out free ice cream in Oxford last week !

Written By: PoPCultureGirl on 07/11/04 at 5:51 am

Cherry Garcia is pure heaven!!!  Unfortunatley, the amount of fat & calories is pure EVIL! :D

Chunky Monkey is pretty darn good too.

Written By: Pandora on 07/11/04 at 6:44 am

Cherry Garcia is pure heaven!!!  Unfortunatley, the amount of fat & calories is pure EVIL! :D

Chunky Monkey is pretty darn good too.

They also make Cherry Garcia Frozen yogurt which is good too.
However, I voted Other.  My 2 favorites are Mint Chocolate Cookie and Coffee Heath Bar Crunch.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/11/04 at 1:39 pm

Chunky Monkey and Pistascio, Pistascio. YUM!  ;D  I also like Rainforest Crunch but they don't make it anymore.  :\'(

I Love Ben & Jerry's. These two guys are great-not just because of their ice cream but because of their social concern. They donate to a lot of social causes. Also, their employees are given a free pint of ice cream-EVERY DAY!!! We used to get free ice cream from them for our food shelf. But, I don't know if they are still the same now that company has been taken over by Unilever.  :( B&J still donates ice cream but now it goes to the state foodbank and we have to pay the foodbank if we want it.  :(

Cat

Written By: Sentimentalist on 07/12/04 at 1:15 am

Never tried it.  I have never really been an ice cream fan.  I always prefered the entree to the desert.
God lyk!

Written By: Marian on 07/12/04 at 2:47 pm

:DMy favorite is Brownie batter.Cheers!

Written By: Dagwood on 07/12/04 at 3:13 pm

Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough with Chunky Monkey a close second.

Written By: Hairspray on 07/12/04 at 3:19 pm

I also like Rainforest Crunch but they don't make it anymore.  :\'(

That was my favorite as well. I haven't had a favorite B&J's since.

Written By: ladybug316 on 07/12/04 at 3:48 pm

CHUBBY HUBBY!!

Written By: Lanie on 07/18/04 at 3:18 pm

Up until yesterday,I would have said Pistachio,Pistachio but since trying Cherry Garcia....that's my favorite now!!!  :D

Written By: QueenAmenRa on 07/19/04 at 12:15 pm

I voted none.  The only one I ever found to be somewhat okay was chunky monkey. 
Braum's....much better quality ice cream.  What's that? Never heard of it?  HAHA SUCKERS!!!

Written By: Mangoo on 07/20/04 at 11:34 am

My choice is Peanut Butter Cup.

Written By: Marian on 09/13/07 at 3:14 pm

I like chocolate brownie batter

Written By: Step-chan on 09/13/07 at 6:21 pm

Brownie Batter. Yum!

Written By: Barefoot_Blues on 09/13/07 at 7:51 pm

Phish Food

Written By: coqueta83 on 09/13/07 at 8:36 pm

Chocolate fudge brownie.

Written By: Step-chan on 09/17/07 at 5:06 pm

Phish Food

Another flavor I like.

Thing is, I love ice cream in general. So there are many flavors I don't dislike.

Edit: I hate it when I forget a word I needed to put in a sentence.

Written By: Stompgal on 11/08/07 at 7:12 am

I voted 'Half Baked,' a combination of Chocolate Fudge Brownie and Chocolate Chip cookie Dough Flavours.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 11/09/07 at 1:44 pm

I recently discovered this Ben and Jerry's flavor last week and fell madly in love with it

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/68/229341162_19437ec851.jpg?v=0

Written By: Step-chan on 11/09/07 at 1:49 pm

I recently discovered this Ben and Jerry's flavor last week and feel madly in love with it

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/68/229341162_19437ec851.jpg?v=0

I had that one awhile back. It's pretty good.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 11/09/07 at 1:52 pm

I had that one awhile back. It's pretty good.
well geez Step-chan, why didn't you tell us then how good it was  ;D  it is pretty good and more so because I had not eaten lunch at work, and had that while I was hungry so it tasted all the more better

Are there any flavors of B&J's ice cream that are not good? I don't think so  :)

Written By: robby76 on 12/14/07 at 8:26 am

Ice-cream is the enemy, but if I'm spoiling myself then it's Cherry Garcia!

Written By: Step-chan on 12/14/07 at 8:59 pm

well geez Step-chan, why didn't you tell us then how good it was  ;D  it is pretty good and more so because I had not eaten lunch at work, and had that while I was hungry so it tasted all the more better

Are there any flavors of B&J's ice cream that are not good? I don't think so  :)

I could put up a list of my most favorite ones.

I haven't had every flavor from them.(There were some that I couldn't try)

Written By: McDonald on 12/23/07 at 7:11 pm

Two words : Dublin Mudslide!

So incredibly delicious.

http://www.thesneeze.com/art/loose_art/dublin.jpg

Written By: nally on 07/14/08 at 7:10 pm

I haven't had Ben & Jerry's in years...so I forgot what their stuff tasted like. I do remember that they were popular during the 90's, though.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 07/14/08 at 8:24 pm

From Russia With Buzz  Too bad they discontinued it.

Second - Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough

Written By: Step-chan on 07/14/08 at 8:44 pm

From Russia With Buzz   Too bad they discontinued it.

Second - Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough

I miss that one.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 07/14/08 at 11:33 pm

I miss that one.

Caffeinated ice cream, I thought it was a wonderful thing. :)

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 07/15/08 at 12:42 am

From Russia With Buzz   Too bad they discontinued it.

I never heard of that flavor but if it tastes like coffee, I am sure I'd like it 

here's the flavor I had last week. the toffee cookie pieces are hecka good  http://bestsmileys.com/licking/3.gif
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2411/2349404050_b1216f843f.jpg?v=0 

Written By: cinnabon on 07/15/08 at 6:57 am

Chocolate Fudge Brownie

I also liked Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough (chocolate ice cream with, you guessed it, balls of raw peanut butter chocolate chip cookie dough),  which is now resting in peace in Ben and Jerry's flavor graveyard.  :\'(

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 07/15/08 at 10:39 am

I never heard of that flavor but if it tastes like coffee, I am sure I'd like it 

here's the flavor I had last week. the toffee cookie pieces are hecka good  http://bestsmileys.com/licking/3.gif

I'm going to have to try that. :)

Written By: Step-chan on 07/15/08 at 3:03 pm

Caffeinated ice cream, I thought it was a wonderful thing. :)

Yeah, I'm glad there are other brands that make coffee ice cream.

Written By: Henk on 07/15/08 at 4:31 pm

I never did vote on this one, did I? :-\\

Well, I casted a vote just now. Other: Cookie Dough. Plain and simple.

Problem is: B&J's isn't widely available in supermarkets over here. The nearest supermarket has maybe 3 varieties, so it's slim pickings. I usually end up with Cookie Dough. I think I've had the Karamel Sutra variety as well, and I liked it, but as I said: it's not always available.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/16/08 at 1:05 pm

This was in the paper this morning.

http://www.rutlandherald.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080716/NEWS03/807160345

Ben & Jerry's flavor honors Elton John

July 16, 2008

By JOHN CURRAN The Associated Press

MONTPELIER — Ben & Jerry's has done it again: Hoping to honor rocker Elton John before his first Vermont performance, Vermont's crazy-cool confectioner has whipped up a flavor just for him — "Goodbye Yellow Brickle Road."

The limited-batch ice cream, made of chocolate ice cream, peanut butter cookie dough, butter brickle and white chocolate chunks, is a take-off on his 1970s album and song "Goodbye Yellow Brick Road."

It will be available July 18-25 in the company's Vermont scoop shops, with proceeds going to the Elton John AIDS Foundation, officials said Tuesday.

It'll also be doled out in cups, cones and dishes at John's Champlain Valley Expo show Monday.

The Burlington-based ice cream maker, whose rock-'n'-roll-themed products have honored late Grateful Dead guitarist Jerry Garcia (Cherry Garcia) and Vermont-bred jam rockers Phish (PhishFood), wanted to toast John because he was finally getting around to playing the Green Mountain State.

He's performed in every other U.S. state.

"It's hard to cram 50 years of musical history that Elton John brings to the table in one pint," said Sean Greenwood, a spokesman for Ben & Jerry's Homemade Holdings Inc.

John collaborated, and has given his stamp of approval to the ice cream, even though he hasn't actually tasted it, Greenwood said.

"He said, 'Chocolate and peanut butter, guys, if you can make something like that work,"' Greenwood said.

Tickets for the show — which sold for $75 to $135 — are sold out.

http://rhimg.sv.publicus.com/apps/pbcsi.dll/bilde?Site=RH&Date=20080716&Category=NEWS03&ArtNo=807160345&Ref=AR&Profile=1004&Title=1&maxw=200&maxh=230
An undated photo released by Ben & Jerry's Homemade Inc. shows a pint of Goodbye Yellow Brickle Road. The limited-batch ice cream, made of chocolate ice cream, peanut butter cookie dough, butter brickle and white chocolate chunks, is a take-off on Elton John's 1970s album and song ''Goodbye Yellow Brick Road.''
Photo: THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

Cat

Written By: Step-chan on 07/16/08 at 4:34 pm

I think I've seen that one in stores before. Unfortunately, I rarely am able to afford Ben & Jerry's.

I remember them having one called Peanut Butter & Jelly, which was peanut butter ice cream with bits of peanut butter and a strawberry jelly swirl in it. I liked it alot, too bad they don't make it anymore(at least where I live).

Written By: KKay on 07/16/08 at 7:48 pm

i never buy it.

but i like cookie dough

Written By: cinnabon on 07/16/08 at 9:13 pm

Chocolate Ice cream with chunky peanut butter swirl is great too - only problem is it's only available so far in the Ben and Jerry's stores.

Written By: 2kidsami on 08/01/08 at 12:02 pm

WAVY GRAVY
unfortunately it is in the flavor graveyard.  I am not a Cherry Garcia, or Chubby Hubby, or even a Phish food gal; so I haven't found another flavor in this location - Iowa; that I like.  So sad :\'(

Check for new replies or respond here...