inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Hardee's New Fatburger: The 1,420 Calorie Monster Burger

Written By: Indy Gent on 11/17/04 at 1:24 am

For the story:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6498304/  :o

To compare with other fatburgers:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6504934/  :o

Subject: Re: Hardee's New Fatburger: The 1,420 Calorie Monster Burger

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 11/17/04 at 2:08 am

I heard about that Hardee's fatburger.  Sounds delish!  I'd go out an buy one, but I don't think there's a Hardee's within 300 miles of me.
:(

Written By: Paul on 11/17/04 at 8:25 am

I could just murder one of them right now...!

Actually, it's probably not far off the burgers that I concoct at home - think 'Scooby Doo'-type sandwich and you're on the right lines...

And as for fat content, you've not seen my old man cook a fry-up brekkie...talk about shovel on the lard - even I won't eat it...!

Written By: Indy Gent on 11/17/04 at 10:00 am

Ahh, yes, the Return of the Vomit Smilie. ;D
http://www.inthe00s.com/smilies/puke.gif

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 11/17/04 at 2:32 pm

"I met Andy Warhol at a really chic party!
BLOW IT OUT YOUR HAIR-DO, 'COZ YOU WORK AT HARDEE'S!!"
--The Dead Milkmen
Instant Club Hit (You'll Dance to Anything)

That's the line I always think of when somebody mention's Hardee's.
::)

Written By: JamieMcBain on 11/17/04 at 6:43 pm

Darn... they have no Hardee's here in Canada (that I know of).  :\'(

Written By: Howard on 11/17/04 at 8:22 pm

http://msnbcmedia.msn.com/j/msnbc/Components/Photos/041116/041116_monsterTB.hmedium.jpg

It makes me hungry just looking at the picture. :P

Howard

Written By: GWBush2004 on 11/17/04 at 8:45 pm

PERECT!  The only problem I have with it is that it only has 4 strips of bacon, make it 8. 

107 grams of fat seems high, but I think I'll get me one tomorrow.

Written By: Howard on 11/17/04 at 8:49 pm

PERECT!  The only problem I have is only 4 strips of bacon, make it 8. 

107 grams of fat seems high, but I think I'll get me one tomorrow.

also comes with a thing of fries with a ton of salt and grease and a half gallon of coke. :P

Howard

Written By: Apricot on 11/17/04 at 9:30 pm

Sweet mother of Jesus... Is that actually a picture of it?  :o

Written By: Howard on 11/17/04 at 9:33 pm

Sweet mother of Jesus... Is that actually a picture of it?  :o

Yes It Is Apricot.Would you like a bite? ;D :P

Howard

Written By: GWBush2004 on 11/17/04 at 9:41 pm

http://www.monsterthickburger.com/images/burger.jpg

How could you say no?

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 11/17/04 at 10:34 pm

Why do we need another artery clogging junky burger? I'd rather eat boneless,skinless marinated baked chicken..tasty and healthier.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/18/04 at 11:36 am

I heard about that Hardee's fatburger.  Sounds delish!  I'd go out an buy one, but I don't think there's a Hardee's within 300 miles of me.
:(

I am very grateful that there isn't a Hardee's anywhere near where I am. I have eaten there a few times in my day and as Cheerleader said,
http://www.inthe00s.com/smilies/puke.gif

Cat

Written By: Alchoholica on 11/18/04 at 11:41 am

MMM..MMM..MMMM

Looks great.

That's a real burger folks, i hate to go off on one, but go in Mcdonalds and basically your eating crap. Hardees make a great burger, ohmigosh it will make me fat.. well then dont eat it.. duhhhh.

Whilst im on the Hardee's point who else loves slammers?

Written By: Indy Gent on 11/18/04 at 12:07 pm

Because Tony20fan4ever, in this market, junk sells. Indiana ranks as one of the most obese states in the Nation, and we have Hardee's up the proverbial wazoo. The chain is obviously going after the younger mindset that believes fat is where it's at.  :-\\

Why do we need another artery clogging junky burger? I'd rather eat boneless,skinless marinated baked chicken..tasty and healthier.

Written By: Alchoholica on 11/18/04 at 12:15 pm

Here is the thing.. In Indiana i bet 98% of those people who are obese drive there big asses to Hardee's sit in the drive thru and then consume a vast amount.

I love Hardee's they serve good food as opposed to most fast food places, yet instead of hopping in the truck and going through the drive thru, i would cycle or walk down there.. that's where it all stems from. Yes there is a proliferation of junk food outlets, but if these people would get off there asses and exercise and just consume reasonable amounts of fod they wouldnt be huge.

My uncle was around the 320Lb mark.. huge.. he is now about 240Lb's... because he exercised a lot.. there is the key folks.. I like my fast food because i am busy and it is convinient. Now nobody is gonna pick me for GQ but i am 6'1 and 180Lbs.. because i exercise a lot.. there is the key Ladies & Gentlemen. So when you can't see your toes, don't blame Hardee's.

Written By: Indy Gent on 11/18/04 at 12:24 pm

Good point, Alcoholica. When someone blames businesses for his/her miserable life, they have bigger problems. It's nice to know you are exercising, but your diet also figures into weight loss. You consume less calories, then it's easier to burn it off with activity.
Here is the thing.. In Indiana i bet 98% of those people who are obese drive there big asses to Hardee's sit in the drive thru and then consume a vast amount.

I love Hardee's they serve good food as opposed to most fast food places, yet instead of hopping in the truck and going through the drive thru, i would cycle or walk down there.. that's where it all stems from. Yes there is a proliferation of junk food outlets, but if these people would get off there asses and exercise and just consume reasonable amounts of fod they wouldnt be huge.

My uncle was around the 320Lb mark.. huge.. he is now about 240Lb's... because he exercised a lot.. there is the key folks.. I like my fast food because i am busy and it is convinient. Now nobody is gonna pick me for GQ but i am 6'1 and 180Lbs.. because i exercise a lot.. there is the key Ladies & Gentlemen. So when you can't see your toes, don't blame Hardee's.

Written By: Alchoholica on 11/18/04 at 12:26 pm

Yeah i rambled sorry, in a sentance here.

If you diet, it will work if you exercise.
If you diet and are sedentary (which nearly a quater of americans are) you won't lose weight.

Written By: bj26 on 11/18/04 at 12:39 pm

http://www.monsterthickburger.com/images/burger.jpg

How could you say no?

I just had a Wendy's Double, it was ok, but this Hardys thing looks better, maybe I'll have one w/o  cheese to make it kosher ???

Written By: JamesMcDone on 11/18/04 at 12:48 pm

Are those the size of the patties you get or is it just a marketing ploy?

Who in their right minds will pay $7.00 for a burger that has 1,420 calories and contains 107 grams of fat.  No wounder half of Americans are obese.

Written By: Indy Gent on 11/18/04 at 1:43 pm

Slammers are mini sized hamburgers. They are burger shaped, as opposed to sliders which are square. ;)

What's a slammer?  I know White Castle has "sliders", but I've never heard of a slammer ???

Written By: JamieMcBain on 11/18/04 at 1:57 pm

Slammers are mini sized hamburgers. They are burger shaped, as opposed to sliders which are square. ;)

And there is no White Castle up here in Canada either!  :\'(

Written By: zcrito on 11/18/04 at 2:34 pm

Are those the size of the patties you get or is it just a marketing ploy?

Who in their right minds will pay $7.00 for a burger that has 1,420 calories and contains 107 grams of fat.  No wounder half of Americans are obese.

It works for me.
Although I'd probably skip the fries and go with an ice tea instead of a soft drink.  ;)

I always get the Wendy's double cheese burger, and years ago I used to get two of them (I've cut back).

Wasn't Hardee's a Burger Queen or something before. And did they merge with Carl Jr.s' ?

:)

Written By: Indy Gent on 11/18/04 at 2:37 pm

Hardee's bought out Burger Chef, then were bought out by Carl, Jr.'s, who also acquired Roy Rogers. They operate under the umbrella corporation CKC Foods, Inc. or something.

It works for me.
Although I'd probably skip the fries and go with an ice tea instead of a soft drink.  ;)

I always get the Wendy's double cheese burger, and years ago I used to get two of them (I've cut back).

Wasn't Hardee's a Burger Queen or something before. And did they merge with Carl Jr.s' ?

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/18/04 at 3:05 pm

Hardee's bought out Burger Chef, then were bought out by Carl, Jr.'s, who also acquired Roy Rogers. They operate under the umbrella corporation CKC Foods, Inc. or something.

I remember Burger Chef.

Cat

Written By: Indy Gent on 11/18/04 at 3:26 pm

Unfortunately, the biggest notoriety it ever got was when three teens and their manager from the Speedway location were gunned down gangland execution style in a wooded area in 1978. The police never did find the killers. :\'( >:(

I remember Burger Chef.

Cat

Written By: JamieMcBain on 11/18/04 at 3:27 pm

Up here in Canada we don't have Carl's Jr. or Burger Chef (at least I don't think so). We do have Lick's, Harvey's, Mr. Sub, Tim Horton's, Pizza Pizza, and Swiss Chalet. As resteraunt that are in US that we have up here are McDonald's, Wendy's, Taco Bell, Pizza Hut, A&W, Arby's, KFC, Burger King, Domino's, Liitle Caeser's, Subway, Dairy Queen, and others that I can't remember.

Written By: Indy Gent on 11/18/04 at 3:29 pm

It would be impossible to find a Burger Chef today, since it no longer exists.  ::)
I've never heard of any of the Canadian eateries you've mentioned. :-\\

Up here in Canada we don't have Carl's Jr. or Burger Chef (at least I don't think so). We do have Lick's, Harvey's, Mr. Sub, Tim Horton's, Pizza Pizza, and Swiss Chalet. As resteraunt that are in US that we have up here are McDonald's, Wendy's, Taco Bell, Pizza Hut, A&W, Arby's, KFC, Burger King, Domino's, Liitle Caeser's, Subway, Dairy Queen, and others that I can't remember.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 11/18/04 at 3:38 pm

Lick's (which makes the best burgers here where I live) and Pizza Pizza are regional (mostly Southern Ontario), While you can't go down a street without going past Harvey's, Mr. Sub, Tim Horton's, and Swiss Chalet. Recently Krispy Kreme opened up here in Canada, they make good donuts, but I love Tim Horton's and Robin's the best!

Written By: JamieMcBain on 11/18/04 at 3:50 pm

A Home Burger from Lick's, one of my favorite fast food resturants.

http://www.yafro.com/?action=viewphoto&photoid=6956593&photopicfroserver=1

Written By: bj26 on 11/18/04 at 3:52 pm

It would be impossible to find a Burger Chef today, since it no longer exists.  ::)
I've never heard of any of the Canadian eateries you've mentioned. :-\\

How bout Good Burger?

Written By: Indy Gent on 11/18/04 at 4:00 pm

Never heard of it, and I've pass through Kentucky when I'm traveling to Georgia.

How bout Good Burger?

Written By: zcrito on 11/18/04 at 4:23 pm

Burger Chef, that was it. Thanks, Indy.

I remember Burger Chef and kind of liked them. They were the first place I remember that had a separate area where you could add whatever you wanted to your burger - lettuce, tomatoes, etc. I think BCs were around until the early '80s.

Written By: bj26 on 11/18/04 at 4:38 pm

Never heard of it, and I've pass through Kentucky when I'm traveling to Georgia.

Can fast food dudes Ed (Kel Mitchell) and Dexter (Kenan Thompson) battle big business? That's the order of the day when Mondo Burger's high-tech hamburger haven opens across the street from the tiny Good Burger diner. Catch up with the gags as Ed and Dexter scramble to save their jobs and stop Mondo Burger's bid for fast-food domination!

Good Burger home of the good burger, can I take youre order, huhhhh?

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 11/18/04 at 6:46 pm

To cycle away a Hardee's fatburger, you'd have to pedal your #ss from Indy to Ft. Wayne and back!
:P

Written By: Howard on 11/18/04 at 6:48 pm

How about Burger King when you order a double or perhaps even triple cheeseburger you're actually getting more meat and less bun. :P

Howard

Written By: Howard on 11/18/04 at 6:50 pm

IG,I can eat about 8-10 White Castle burgers in one shot and including the fries. :P

Howard

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/18/04 at 7:43 pm

Does anyone remember Carrols?

Cat

Written By: Indy Gent on 11/18/04 at 7:49 pm

How impressive! ::)

IG,I can eat about 8-10 White Castle burgers in one shot and including the fries. :P

Howard

Written By: zcrito on 11/18/04 at 10:07 pm

Howard

Would that be on a Sunday morning at around 4am after you've had a little too much to drink?

;)

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 11/18/04 at 11:49 pm

I remember there were two Burger Chef restaurants around here(here being southern NJ)in Absecon and Northfield.......I never knew they were anywhere else..best burger in my hometown, Absecon,is at Joe and John's Pizza,it's called the cheeseburger deluxe....nowhere near as big as the Hardee's concoction.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 11/19/04 at 12:22 am

Would that be on a Sunday morning at around 4am after you've had a little too much to drink?

;)

Johnny Walker Red and White Castle...what color is the upchuck?

Written By: Dagwood on 11/19/04 at 12:36 am

I know I am late chiming in here...but the idea of that burger makes me ill.  Too much.

Written By: Alchoholica on 11/19/04 at 4:46 am

Yeah i can throw back like 10 slammers if pushed

Written By: zcrito on 11/19/04 at 10:13 am

Johnny Walker Red and White Castle...what color is the upchuck?

"slammers"?
"sliders"?

I prefer "beef cookies". ::)

We all need that WC hamburger "fix" once every 5-10 years. And at 4am on a Sunday morning it's either that or La Bamba (burritos as big as your head). Besides, normal people don't get sick after drinking and eating WCs.

;)

Written By: LyricBoy on 11/19/04 at 10:49 am

Good God!  That is the Mother of all Burgers!

Reminds me of an old Saturday Night Live skit where they were "adverstising" a high-fiber cereal called "Colon Blow".

After eating one of those fat burgers, you're gonna have to wash it down with a couple of bowls of Colon Blow to clear the way...

heh heh...  ;D

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 11/19/04 at 12:14 pm

Good God!  That is the Mother of all Burgers!

Reminds me of an old Saturday Night Live skit where they were "adverstising" a high-fiber cereal called "Colon Blow".

After eating one of those fat burgers, you're gonna have to wash it down with a couple of bowls of Colon Blow to clear the way...

heh heh...   ;D

Yeah!  I remember that.  It was a take off on the Total cereal commercials.  "It would take 4 bowls of your cereal to equal the fibre in just one bowl of Total."  With Colon Blow it was, "It would take 180 bowls of your brand to equal the fibre in just one bowl of COLON BLOW."  And they show a guy sitting on a mountain of cereal bowls.  Don't forget about "New SUPER COLON BLOW"!

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 11/19/04 at 12:15 pm

"slammers"?
"sliders"?

I prefer "beef cookies". ::)

We all need that WC hamburger "fix" once every 5-10 years. And at 4am on a Sunday morning it's either that or La Bamba (burritos as big as your head). Besides, normal people don't get sick after drinking and eating WCs.

;)

What about Denny's?

I suppose it depends on how much booze you drink and how many White Castle discs you're willing to shovel down...

Written By: zcrito on 11/19/04 at 1:52 pm

What about Denny's?

True. A big ol' salad or their Grand Slam hits the spot after 3am.

Written By: Howard on 11/19/04 at 5:52 pm

;)

No,that would be Saturday Night at 7pm ;D

Howard

Written By: Howard on 11/19/04 at 5:54 pm

Heck, my 6 y.o. can eat 7-10 sliders in one sitting :P

can your 6 year old gobble down fries and a large Coke? :P

Howard

Written By: Howard on 11/19/04 at 5:58 pm

Yeah i can throw back like 10 slammers if pushed

I will raise your 10 and I will eat 12 with 2 things of fries and a coffee! :P

Howard

Check for new replies or respond here...