inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: New Dr. Pepper

Written By: onaree on 11/17/04 at 1:44 pm

Has anyone tried the new Dr. Pepper with Cherry and Vanilla?  I tried the Diet version and really liked it.  The hard part is finding it in stores.

Subject: Re: New Dr. Pepper

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 11/17/04 at 2:20 pm

Has anyone tried the new Dr. Pepper with Cherry and Vanilla?  I tried the Diet version and really liked it.  The hard part is finding it in stores.

I love Dr. Pepper, I just wish they would mix it a little stronger.  I remember the soda fountain at our local movie theater when I was a kid had awesome Dr. P. because they mixed it themselves.
I'll give the new flavors a try if I see 'em.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 11/17/04 at 6:43 pm

Sounds interesting, I look for it when it comes out.

Written By: gemini61 on 11/17/04 at 8:33 pm

When I was in High School, (a few hundred years ago ;D) that's all I drank, and hubby drank Mt. Dew. Now I can't stand Dr. Pepper and hubby doesn't like Mt. Dew anymore. Coca Cola for me anyday! Has anyone tried the new Pepsi Holiday Spice? (I think that's what it's called) Think I might check it out. It's probably something like Dr. Pepper. Let me know how it is if anyone has tried it.  :)

Written By: Howard on 11/17/04 at 8:40 pm

When I was in High School, (a few hundred years ago ;D) that's all I drank, and hubby drank Mt. Dew. Now I can't stand Dr. Pepper and hubby doesn't like Mt. Dew anymore. Coca Cola for me anyday! Has anyone tried the new Pepsi Holiday Spice? (I think that's what it's called) Think I might check it out. It's probably something like Dr. Pepper. Let me know how it is if anyone has tried it.  :)

Pepsi Holdiay Spice? You must be joking? :o

http://www.bevnet.com/news/images/20041141151320.pepsi_spice-bottle.jpg

Howard

Written By: Lazy Jessica on 11/17/04 at 9:19 pm

I tried it. It wasn't great (it kind of had a spicy, medicine-y flavor). I'd probably drink it again though...if I were dying in the desert and it was the only thing to drink. :)

Written By: Indy Gent on 11/18/04 at 12:17 pm

I haven't seen any of the new flavored Dr. Peppers, but I have tried the Holiday Spice Pepsi. Like the others, it was OK-nothing really to write home about. :-\\

Written By: Alchoholica on 11/18/04 at 12:19 pm

I consume vast amounts of Dr. Pepper... and it's rip off Mr Pib.. however i don't think we will get any new flavours for a while. We only got coke with Lemon about a year ago.. what a let down that was.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 11/18/04 at 2:00 pm

Pepsi Holdiay Spice? You must be joking? :o

http://www.bevnet.com/news/images/20041141151320.pepsi_spice-bottle.jpg

Howard

Can'be any worse than Pepsi Free....  ::)

http://www.colawp.com/database/image.php?cola_id=464

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 11/18/04 at 6:39 pm

I always thought Mountain Dew was a noxious concoction.  I think it had more chemicals and more caffeine than any other tonic, that is, until Jolt!  The joke when I was a kid was that Mountain Dew was the...well, to put it more delicately...the perspiration from Dolly Parton's chest!
:P

Pepsi Holiday Spice also looks nasty, but I'm not a Pepsi man anyway.

Written By: Howard on 11/18/04 at 6:41 pm

What does Pepsi Holiday Spice taste like? :P

Howard

Written By: Howard on 11/18/04 at 6:43 pm

I consume vast amounts of Dr. Pepper... and it's rip off Mr Pib.. however i don't think we will get any new flavours for a while. We only got coke with Lemon about a year ago.. what a let down that was.

Coke,Pepsi,Mountain Dew,Dr.Pepper,Slice,etc...All of them are trying to compete for different flavors.but overall what's so different about them? ::)

Howard

Written By: sputnikcorp on 11/19/04 at 8:08 am

rip off? dr. pepper pre-dates coca cola by a year.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 11/19/04 at 12:21 pm

rip off? dr. pepper pre-dates coca cola by a year.

The Beatles were originally going to title their album "Dr. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band," but then they realized they'd be in conflict with the American trademark, so they changed it to "Sgt."  At least, that's what I've heard.

Check for new replies or respond here...