inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Favorite Holiday Treats

Written By: MLB on 12/01/04 at 8:41 pm

Go ahead, You can vote twice if you wish. I'm putting a limit on the voting though so it will only be available probably through January.

Subject: Re: Favorite Holiday Treats

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/01/04 at 9:01 pm

Definitely the chocolate oranges. The store across the street from us only sell them at Christmas and Easter and I usually clean them out to stock up for the "dry period".  ;D ;D

Cat

Written By: Marian on 12/01/04 at 9:28 pm

:DI like to make spritsar and pepparkakar.They are my tastiest treats.Cheers!

Written By: Allie Fox on 12/01/04 at 9:39 pm

I'm assuming that you mean only Christmas treats?

I'm not sure I have anything in particular that I'm overly fond of at this time of year.

Now Halloween is another story.  I love those little candy corn pumpkins. :D

Written By: MLB on 12/02/04 at 2:45 pm

Technically folks I meant Winter holiday treats, yes, but anyone is welcome to comment on those confections that you fancy during the spring and summer, they just aren't on my list.
            And I prefer Almond Roca and Hershey kisses with almonds. Unless there is "better" chocolate in the house.  Anyone for Ghiradelli chocolate squares w/ krispy rice??

Written By: Jennifer028 on 12/02/04 at 4:45 pm

Fudge and Peppermint patties!!  :)

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 12/02/04 at 5:07 pm

Fudge and Peanut Brittle.  Yum!!!  :)

Written By: gemini61 on 12/02/04 at 5:10 pm

Buckeyes!! A friend at work always makes them at Christmas, so that's the only time I get them!! Yummy! :)

Written By: nally on 12/03/04 at 12:06 pm

I'll have to go with "fudge" and "Other." There are a ton of different holiday treats I enjoy, some of which aren't listed. :)

Written By: Tanya1976 on 12/03/04 at 12:46 pm

I voted other (for things like Gingerbread) and hot chocolate. Though I do like hot apple cider and peppermint patties!

Tanya

Written By: Jessica on 12/03/04 at 3:00 pm

I put fudge as a choice. Now I just need to ask my grandma for the recipe so I can make some.

I also chose "other": eggnog and some sort of alcohol. Alas, my drinking days are over. ;D

Written By: Alchoholica on 12/03/04 at 3:15 pm

Yup NOG NOG NOG NOG NOG NOG!

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/04/04 at 12:50 pm

I do like eggnog but I actually perfer mine without alcohol. (I'll have a glass of spumonti on the side.  ;))

Cat

Written By: Jessica on 12/04/04 at 2:07 pm

I do like eggnog but I actually perfer mine without alcohol. (I'll have a glass of spumonti on the side.  ;))

Cat

Shoot, I can't even drink plain eggnog cause it contains raw eggs, which is apparently bad for the spawn. :P

Written By: MooRocca on 12/05/04 at 11:52 pm

My three favorite are fudge, chocolate oranges and non-alcoholic egg nog.  I went with fudge, just because  it's a rarer treat than the other two. 

Written By: Dagwood on 12/07/04 at 8:46 pm

Chocolate mints...but not just any.  My boss' husband owns a candy company and they make the best chocolate mint sandwiches.  We get them every year for Christmas and I love it.

Check for new replies or respond here...