inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: McDonalds or Burger King

Written By: Kyle on 05/24/05 at 7:42 pm

I pick McDonalds because it is a little bit more kid friendly.  Even though the food sucks; :D it's OK to me, it really caters to pre-teens.  What do you think?

Subject: Re: McDonalds or Burger King

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 05/24/05 at 7:46 pm

i like the taste of Burger King's food better than McDonald's...but I like the atmosphere better at McDonald's.....however, both offer too fattening junk to eat...so I really should say neither.

Erin :)

Written By: Apricot on 05/24/05 at 7:51 pm

Burger King is more progressive.. they got the tacos for a while, then these kickass chili cheese fries..

But our Burger King service sucks, so it's McDonalds for me...

Written By: Kyle on 05/24/05 at 8:05 pm

Burger King is more progressive.. they got the tacos for a while, then these kickass chili cheese fries..

But our Burger King service sucks, so it's McDonalds for me...

I think your right.  Burger King, even where I live down in the urbz of Minneapolis, didn't really catch on as easily as McDonalds.  It is more of a like traditional restuarant, and McDonalds has it's values.  I love the kool toys to it, too.  :D ::)

Written By: YWN on 05/24/05 at 8:17 pm

Do you ever remember being a little kid and having the people at the counter being condescending to you?

"Haha, a large combo?  That sounds too big!  Have yourself a kid's meal!  It even comes with a toy!"  I recall that happening a few times when I was like ten years old, and I could think of two words for them.  But I just said no, I want THIS.

Written By: Marian on 05/24/05 at 8:24 pm

Do you ever remember being a little kid and having the people at the counter being condescending to you?

"Haha, a large combo?  That sounds too big!  Have yourself a kid's meal!  It even comes with a toy!"  I recall that happening a few times when I was like ten years old, and I could think of two words for them.  But I just said no, I want THIS.
too bad they don't do that more often.Obesity is a big probem for kids today!

Written By: YWN on 05/24/05 at 8:27 pm

I actually never get large combos; I get mediums.  I don't like McDonald's anyway.  Burger King is okay, and Checker's has great food but horrible service.  But nothing beats the half pound burger from Ben's Barbecue.  I recently went to Ben's Barbecue and the guy at the counter asked me where I was from.  I replied, "Alabama," and he said, "Originally?".  I told him yes.  He had concluded from my "accent" that I came from either Germany or England.  :o

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 05/24/05 at 11:06 pm

Wendy's all the way.

~Beth

Written By: Kenlos on 05/25/05 at 12:10 am

Out of those two definitly Burger King.  McDonalds is a rip off.  Burger King has those Angus burgers which are decent but overall not a huge fan of them either.  My favorite one out of all of them is Hardees, they have the best and biggest burger (meat wise) for your money. 

Written By: RockandRollFan on 05/25/05 at 12:34 am

McDonalds commercials are geared to laziness....C'mon....partying all night and have thier MAC Griddles for your go to sleep for the day meal....Idiots! Burger Kings has that Weird "King"......even so, I have always preferred the "Whopper" to the Big Mac :)

Written By: Zebra on 05/25/05 at 12:35 am

The taste of the Burgers is at BK better. But the fries and the chicken-nuggets are better at McD. So i go one time to BK and one time to McD.
I love fast food and so i look like! :)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 05/25/05 at 12:39 am

The taste of the Burgers is at BK better. But the fries and the chicken-nuggets are better at McD. So i go one time to BK and one time to McD.
I love fast food and so i look like! :)
Too bad there's no "Both" Option... :-\\

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/25/05 at 1:20 am

Now, no to either.

Written By: Dumb Ass Kid on 05/25/05 at 5:23 am

Maccy-d's of course, duh!  :D
I'm surprised you even need to ask! I make it my business to go at least once a week!
Maccy-ds rules!  :)

Written By: Zebra on 05/25/05 at 8:04 am

Well I voted for BK... if i have the choice, i will eat there. But i just want to say that there are some better things at McD (imo here in Germany)  8)

Written By: Indy Gent on 05/25/05 at 8:48 am

I'd rather be going to Wendy's or one of those gourmet burger joints like Dalt's or Fuddrucker's (be careful about pronouncing that). I miss Flakey Jake's. :(

Written By: QueenAmenRa on 05/25/05 at 10:01 am

Of those 2, I pick Mickey D's.  People always complaining about McDonalds is too greasy, but whatever Burger Kind does 2 their food makes me sick.  Plus McDonalds has MUCH better fries.  Excuse me if I like my food dripping in grease and salt...

Written By: Kyle on 05/25/05 at 6:50 pm

Of those 2, I pick Mickey D's.   People always complaining about McDonalds is too greasy, but whatever Burger Kind does 2 their food makes me sick.  Plus McDonalds has MUCH better fries.  Excuse me if I like my food dripping in grease and salt...

Agreed.  The more grease you put in the fries, the better it tastes.  At Burger King, and all other major fast food restaurant, they are a little bit too dry and it loses it taste.  Mickey D's has the good stuff.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 05/25/05 at 7:06 pm

Just watch the movie called "Supersize Me" and McDonalds will be seen in the nasty light it should be :P

Written By: whitewolf on 05/25/05 at 7:13 pm

I picked BK, around here McDonalds plainly sucks. the only thing I get at MDs is their milkshakes.

Written By: C.NOIZE on 05/25/05 at 8:01 pm

Burger King is a lot better than McDonalds.  Even walking into a McDonalds makes me feel grimy and dirty.  And the food is just as bad.  Burger King is pretty good for a fast food joint.  I like the Ultimate Double Whoppers, even though I'm never hungry enough to eat them.  And Burger King has those awesome Hershey's Sundae Pies too.

Written By: Kenlos on 05/25/05 at 9:17 pm

I picked BK, around here McDonalds plainly sucks. the only thing I get at MDs is their milkshakes.

Thats another thing I do not like about McDonalds, I have never been to a clean McDonalds.  Never not once.  Not that there are many clean BK or Wendys but I do occasionally find some of those that are clean.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 05/25/05 at 9:19 pm

it seems that out of the above listed....Wendy's has been the cleanest fast food place that I've been to.  BK is always dirty...and McDonald's comes in 2nd.

Written By: Marty McFly on 05/25/05 at 9:27 pm

it seems that out of the above listed....Wendy's has been the cleanest fast food place that I've been to. BK is always dirty...and McDonald's comes in 2nd.

Yeah, Wendy's also has better food choices -- i.e. salad, baked potatoes.

Being a vegetarian all I can eat at most FF places is either fries, sides, or the equivalent of fish filets/sandwiches.

I'd say McDonald's is greasier and dirtier than BK - when I had meat, I liked their Whoppers way more than Big Macs, 'cause they flame-broiled instead of fried.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 05/25/05 at 9:30 pm

when I had meat, I liked their Whoppers way more than Big Macs, 'cause they flame-broiled instead of fried.
Right you are :)

Written By: Jennifer028 on 05/25/05 at 10:36 pm

I like Mcdonalds fries better.  Plus the happy meal toys are better at mcdonalds (for our 3 year old)

Written By: Kryllith on 05/25/05 at 11:29 pm

In & Out, of course...

Written By: Kenlos on 05/26/05 at 12:09 am

it seems that out of the above listed....Wendy's has been the cleanest fast food place that I've been to.  BK is always dirty...and McDonald's comes in 2nd.

In the town I used to live in Burger Kings were not allowed so McDonalds only had Wendys for comptition and so McDonalds let their stores go to down the tubes, they would never clean the bathrooms always looked like they hadn't been clean for months and the restaurant it self always looked like a hurricane went through there.

Written By: jiminy on 05/26/05 at 5:52 am

Dirty dining?
http://www.unsolvedmysteries.com/usm363645.html

Written By: nally on 05/26/05 at 11:43 am

Burger King...I don't much care for McDonalds (except for a few of their breakfast foods).

Written By: QueenAmenRa on 05/26/05 at 11:47 am

Just watch the movie called "Supersize Me" and McDonalds will be seen in the nasty light it should be :P

Well, come on its not like I wanna eat at McDonalds every single day....not even every WEEK!  But given the choice of McDonalds or Burger King, i pick the first.  McD's got tastier fries....and better PICKLES on their sandwiches!!!!!!!  And I hate the flame-broiled patties at BK.    :-X

Written By: jiminy on 05/26/05 at 8:27 pm

;D

Written By: RockandRollFan on 05/26/05 at 8:29 pm

Well, come on its not like I wanna eat at McDonalds every single day....not even every WEEK!  But given the choice of McDonalds or Burger King, i pick the first.  McD's got tastier fries....and better PICKLES on their sandwiches!!!!!!!  And I hate the flame-broiled patties at BK.    :-X

It's cool, I just prefer flame-broiled to fried :)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 05/26/05 at 8:32 pm

;D
WILBUR, Please don't make me go to the McDonalds Glue factory :o
http://www.fernsehkritik.tv/Resources/mred3.jpeg

Written By: YWN on 05/26/05 at 8:51 pm

Queen Amen Ra, you obviously have very poor tastes.  McDonald's fries, at least the McDonald's in my area, are awful with a capital A.  And when you capitalize a capital A, that is one monstrous A.  That's an A that you look at and you just think, "Hot diggity DAYUM, that is one big A!"  And I prefer flame-broiled to fried.  :P

Written By: RockandRollFan on 05/26/05 at 8:59 pm

Queen Amen Ra, you obviously have very poor tastes.
Hey, she has a right to her own opinion...it's cool ;)

Written By: YWN on 05/26/05 at 9:00 pm

That's only because you didn't see how big the A was.

Written By: jiminy on 05/26/05 at 9:03 pm

sounds a bit Anal to me   :D

Written By: RockandRollFan on 05/26/05 at 9:04 pm

I know but I'm just saying, she as well as everyone else, has thier own opinions and I respect them ;)

Written By: jiminy on 05/26/05 at 9:07 pm

I know but I'm just saying, she as well as everyone else, has thier own opinions and I respect them ;)

respect most opinions ;)
some deserve no respect at all... a certain 40 year old perverted singer springs to mind
  ;D

Written By: YWN on 05/26/05 at 9:08 pm

Ah...Elton John? Ah...Madonna?  Well, I sure have no idea who you are talking about.  ;)

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 05/26/05 at 9:20 pm

oh NO....don't bring up Mr. "Flitboy" as Mark would say ;)

he's been talked about enough! LOL!

Written By: RockandRollFan on 05/26/05 at 9:23 pm

respect most opinions ;)
some deserve no respect at all... a certain 40 year old perverted singer springs to mind
  ;D
;) Yeah, the though of him springing anywhere creeps me out! Kids today would be well served learning the Monty Python term Run Away!

Written By: jiminy on 05/26/05 at 9:30 pm

;) Yeah, the though of him springing anywhere creeps me out! Kids today would be well served learning the Monty Python term Run Away!

or from Pink Floyd and Run Like Hell  ;D

Written By: RockandRollFan on 05/26/05 at 9:33 pm

or from Pink Floyd and Run Like Hell  ;D
Perfect!  ;)

Written By: Tanya1976 on 05/26/05 at 11:44 pm

I voted for McDonald's out of sheer convenience. I can find one ten times more than Burger King, even if I crave BK more.

Tanya

Written By: Apricot on 05/27/05 at 5:44 am

Queen Amen Ra, you obviously have very poor tastes.  McDonald's fries, at least the McDonald's in my area, are awful with a capital A.  And when you capitalize a capital A, that is one monstrous A.  That's an A that you look at and you just think, "Hot diggity DAYUM, that is one big A!"  And I prefer flame-broiled to fried.   :P

Is just the one right around you? Cause we have a few sucky McDonalds, but this one has kickass fries all the time.

McDonalds tends to vary so much restaurant to restaurant and visit to visit that it's hard to pin when you'll get a decent meal. But then, our Burger King has never provided good service, ever.

Written By: YWN on 05/27/05 at 8:34 am

I am only talking about the McDonald's in my area.  I suppose things like service and food quality can't be determined globally, because it would only apply to the particular restaurant, wouldn't it?.  They have awful fries, man.  And I once went to Burger King and this girl kept forgetting things every few seconds until we finally gave up and left.  I guess they fired her.  ::) 

Written By: Christie Marie M on 12/24/09 at 9:12 pm

Don't matter.

Written By: Frank on 12/25/09 at 12:12 am

Not fond of Burger King...

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/26/09 at 11:23 am

On our journies yesterday, we by-passed both of these.

Written By: ninny on 12/28/09 at 11:07 am

On our journies yesterday, we by-passed both of these.

I noticed you passed,but did not stop ;)..I like Burger King better, but it gives Tim gas..he likes McDonald's.

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/28/09 at 11:33 am

I noticed you passed,but did not stop ;)..I like Burger King better, but it gives Tim gas..he likes McDonald's.
That is right, just passed by.

Written By: lola669 on 12/30/09 at 12:51 pm

I like BK's breakfast, the bacon/egg/cheese croissant...yummy

Written By: Lindee on 12/31/09 at 11:43 am

I like both. Most of the Burger Kings  by me have crappy service.  :\'(

Written By: Step-chan on 12/31/09 at 12:03 pm

McDonald's(although I haven't ate there in over 5 years)

Mainly for the Double Quarter Pounder.

Check for new replies or respond here...