inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Jelly Belly

Written By: jiminy on 05/29/05 at 10:10 pm

Vote up to four times

Subject: Re: Jelly Belly

Written By: NullandVoid on 05/29/05 at 10:30 pm

Dude, is there seriously a jelly belly bean called another word for cat??

LOL!!!

Written By: jiminy on 05/29/05 at 10:37 pm

Dude, is there seriously a jelly belly bean called another word for cat??

LOL!!!

no, that was thrown in to see who was paying attention, it probably tastes like chicken  ;D

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 05/30/05 at 12:45 am

Buttered Popcorn jellybeans?  :o
And what do Pu$$y flavoured jellybeans taste like?

Written By: Ripp on 05/30/05 at 4:53 am

Mmmm! I chose Buttered Popcorn, Dr. Pepper, Stawberry Cheesecake and Peach, YUUUUUUUUM! Lol!

Written By: Mergal on 05/30/05 at 5:47 am

I picked blueberry, sizzling cinnamon, strawberry cheesecake, and strawberry daiquiri.

Also like champagne, margarita, and orange sherbert.

Least favorites: juicy pear and cantelope. I can bearly swallow those!  :P

Written By: goodsin on 05/30/05 at 7:52 am

I used to work in a Woolworths warehouse, picking orders to be despatched to stores. We stocked all the different varieties of Jelly Bellys available at the time, but they were in seperate boxes, in different parts of the warehouse; when we were bored, we'd get a leaflet each (one of the ones that shows you what combination of beans makes what taste), and have races, to see who could collect all the flavour combinations first...and then eat them!

Another thing we used to do when we were bored, was to see how high a 'tower' of Ferrero Roche sweets we could build (UK readers will be familiar with the fact that Italian diplomats alledgedly amaze & entertain guests with such a luxury item)...I think we got to about 10 high once, before a forklift-truck driver bumped the pallet & sent them tumbling down...ah, halcyon days... :D

Written By: jiminy on 05/30/05 at 9:41 am

I used to work in a Woolworths warehouse, picking orders to be despatched to stores. We stocked all the different varieties of Jelly Bellys available at the time, but they were in seperate boxes, in different parts of the warehouse; when we were bored, we'd get a leaflet each (one of the ones that shows you what combination of beans makes what taste), and have races, to see who could collect all the flavour combinations first...and then eat them!

Another thing we used to do when we were bored, was to see how high a 'tower' of Ferrero Roche sweets we could build (UK readers will be familiar with the fact that Italian diplomats alledgedly amaze & entertain guests with such a luxury item)...I think we got to about 10 high once, before a forklift-truck driver bumped the pallet & sent them tumbling down...ah, halcyon days... :D

after being told there is no such flavour called pussy, what combination of flavours would one need to make this flavour... you can start your race to be first to create this taste  :D

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/30/05 at 9:43 am

All the flavours sound inviting.

Written By: goodsin on 05/30/05 at 9:49 am

after being told there is no such flavour called pussy, what combination of flavours would one need to make this flavour... you can start your race to be first to create this taste  :D

I'd hope it was a cross between Very Cherry & Cotton Candy... although Pina Colada might be a candidate- Pina is a Hungarian slang word for what you're describing....

"Well, sewer rat may taste like pumpkin pie, but that don't mean I'm gonna eat the filthy MF"- Samuel L Jackson, Pulp Fiction

Written By: Jennifer028 on 05/30/05 at 9:53 am

tutti fritti, dr pepper, very cherry, berry blue. 

I cant swallow the buttered popcorn one.  Even my 3 year old though it was gross!

Written By: jiminy on 05/30/05 at 10:14 am

I went with the Juicy Pair... I mean Pear  ;D

Written By: Dagwood on 05/30/05 at 10:34 am

Juicy Pear is my favorite.  Dang you, Jiminy...now I want to go buy Jelly Bellys.:P

Written By: Apricot on 05/30/05 at 11:04 am

Heehee, I saw the naughty word.  ;D

I'd say Root Beer, Pear, Peach, And... How About Cinnamon?

Written By: jiminy on 05/30/05 at 11:08 am

Heehee, I saw the naughty word.  ;D

I'd say Root Beer, Pear, Peach, And... How About Cinnamon?

it it's not filtered then it's not naughty... yet   ::)

Written By: Dumb Ass Kid on 05/30/05 at 11:11 am

I'd like to try vanilla, blueberry and apple mmm  :)

Written By: gemini61 on 05/30/05 at 3:11 pm

Buttered popcorn, apple, strawberry cheesecake and toasted marshmallow.  :)

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 05/30/05 at 3:21 pm

Toasted Marshmallow
Cappuccino
Lemon
Tangerine

:)

Written By: nally on 05/30/05 at 4:49 pm

It's hard to pick just 4 here! I'm sure I can think of about 20 or 30 that I would consider "favorites". :D

Written By: nally on 02/13/07 at 2:08 pm

I just saw a guest viewing this thread, so I thought I'd bump it up.

Written By: spaceace on 02/13/07 at 2:16 pm

There used to be flavor combinations that made a diffrent flavor.

Written By: nally on 02/13/07 at 2:18 pm

There used to be flavor combinations that made a diffrent flavor.

Those were interesting... I liked the various combos they came up with.

Do they not do that anymore? ???

Written By: spaceace on 02/13/07 at 2:20 pm

Those were interesting... I liked the various combos they came up with.

Do they not do that anymore? ???

I went on their website.  They don't have them listed. :(

Written By: nally on 02/13/07 at 2:21 pm

I went on their website.  They don't have them listed. :(

Bummer. :-\\

It's been a few years since I last bought any Jelly Belly products, so I don't know what they got now...besides the basics.

Written By: whistledog on 02/13/07 at 3:57 pm

The Butter Popcorn and Caramen Corn flavours are the only ones (off hand) that I can recall having.

I never get Jelly Bellys cause dang are they expensive :o

Written By: nally on 02/14/07 at 4:23 pm

I never get Jelly Bellys cause dang are they expensive :o

They sure are. :P Today on "The Price Is Right", one contestant had to play the Pick A Pair game; she selected the container of Jelly Bellys first...$6.99. :o

Written By: lorac61469 on 02/14/07 at 6:05 pm

They sure are. :P Today on "The Price Is Right", one contestant had to play the Pick A Pair game; she selected the container of Jelly Bellys first...$6.99. :o

Think that's expensive, when we were at Disney World my daughter wanted to get some and they were about $11 a pound!!!

Written By: Stompgal on 02/15/07 at 7:08 am

Blueberry, Chocolate Pudding, Lemon & Lime and Pina Colada are my favourites in the list. My least favourite flavours are Liquorice and Jalapeno. Jelly Belly is the best brand of jelly beans I've ever had because there are so many different flavours and they're low in calories - 4 calories per bean.

Written By: nally on 02/15/07 at 11:11 am

Think that's expensive, when we were at Disney World my daughter wanted to get some and they were about $11 a pound!!!

whoa baby! :o

I don't know how big the container on TPIR was yesterday, but I doubt that it was a pound.

Written By: Ashkicksass on 02/15/07 at 12:55 pm

Caramel Apple
Island Punch
Orange Juice
Peach

I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed the "alternative" flavor.  http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/07/nono.gif

Written By: Tam on 02/15/07 at 3:55 pm

Licorice

Just licorice lol

Written By: Sister Morphine on 02/15/07 at 4:25 pm

A & W Cream Soda
A & W Root Beer
Island Punch
Very Cherry

and nice sneaking-in of the "special" flavor.  :D

Written By: Brian06 on 02/15/07 at 4:31 pm

Strawberry Daiquiri
Green Apple.

Written By: Step-chan on 02/16/07 at 1:16 pm

Buttered Popcorn
Strawberry Daquiri
Strawberry Jam
Sizzling Cinnamon

Written By: chiefyamick on 02/24/07 at 1:24 am

I don't live all that far from the Jelly Belly factory here in Wisconsin...been on the tour a couple of times. The gift shop is the best part- you can buy huge bags of "belly flops"- the mangled/disfigured jellies for really cheap!! This is also where-if you are brave enough- you can sample any one of their flavors, including the "every flavor beans" from the Harry Potter movies!! It's really wild!

Written By: Jessica on 02/24/07 at 2:42 pm

I don't live all that far from the Jelly Belly factory here in Wisconsin...been on the tour a couple of times. The gift shop is the best part- you can buy huge bags of "belly flops"- the mangled/disfigured jellies for really cheap!! This is also where-if you are brave enough- you can sample any one of their flavors, including the "every flavor beans" from the Harry Potter movies!! It's really wild!

There's a factory in Wisconsin? Sweet! I knew there was like the main one in Fairfield, Ca., but I didn't know that they had them this way.

I love Jelly Bellys. I'm eating smoothie flavored ones right now.

Written By: chiefyamick on 02/25/07 at 12:02 am

Yeah those jelly bellys are quite addicting....very bad for a diabetic such as myself...that is my biggest reason for "cheating" LOL

I have tried alot of their sugar free jelly bellys and they are actually really good- not as good as the real thing but to the untrained tastebud they'd probably pass.

The jelly belly factory in Wisconsin is in Kenosha, FYI  ;)

Written By: Jessica on 02/25/07 at 10:28 am

The jelly belly factory in Wisconsin is in Kenosha, FYI   ;)

I'm gonna have to make a trip out there. I always meant to go to the one in California when we lived there, but I never got a chance. But now... :D

Check for new replies or respond here...