inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Burger King vs. Mcdonalds

Written By: haleym8826 on 06/09/06 at 4:02 pm

When I'm at school my friends and I always debate over which resturaunts are the best. Our debates go on for days and days so I thought it would be fun to have one of these debates with the two main chains on this board so everyone can express why they think this resturaunt is the best.

Ready... Set... DEBATE!

Subject: Re: Burger King vs. Mcdonalds

Written By: nally on 06/09/06 at 4:04 pm

By staying with the title of this thread, I choose BK.

Written By: haleym8826 on 06/09/06 at 4:11 pm

The reason the title doesn't have all the others is because I'm at the library and the computers are timed. Luckily no one was waiting and I could get back on. :)

The poll has been changed!  ;)

Written By: Tam on 06/09/06 at 4:56 pm

I of course chose my one constant!
McDonald's all the way !!!!

Nothing like the dollar menu to get my heart racing!!! LMAO ;D

Written By: nally on 06/09/06 at 5:44 pm

No offense to anyone...but I don't like McDougal's. :-\\ They always put onions on their burgers and I don't like the way the rest of their stuff tastes...except maybe their breakfasts and desserts. :)

Written By: whistledog on 06/09/06 at 7:20 pm

Ideally, I prefer A&W over both (I am whistledog after all)

But I went for Burger King.  There's nothing I love better then a Whopper w/ Cheese and a Poutine :)

Written By: Tam on 06/09/06 at 7:40 pm

But I went for Burger King.  There's nothing I love better then a Whopper w/ Cheese and a Poutine :)

There you go Whistle -
You said Poutine so now you and other Canadians need to bring out a thread about it.
Americans think it is disgusting....
Me - I LOVE IT and because I can't get it I make my own!

Back on topic - McDonal'd has always been a favourite in our family.
And they are slowly coming around to letting you get on the sandwich what you want.
I get double cheeseburgers with Mac sauce and lettuce! :D

Written By: gemini on 06/09/06 at 7:53 pm

I chose McDonalds, mostly because they're fries are the best, as long as they're really hot. Otherwise, I'll eat at either place until I get burned out on it, then I'll go to the other for awhile.

Written By: Dagwood on 06/09/06 at 7:55 pm

McDonalds.  I love Whoppers, but I hate BK fries.  McD's fries rock.  I also love McD's breakfasts. 

Written By: Tam on 06/09/06 at 8:08 pm

McDonalds.  I love Whoppers, but I hate BK fries.  McD's fries rock.  I also love McD's breakfasts. 

Apparently, the fries seasoning is beef boullion.
Whatever it is I Love it too!!!

Written By: xtine on 06/09/06 at 11:46 pm

i chose the BK lounge, although i perfer wendy's over both establishments.

Written By: Tanya1976 on 06/10/06 at 12:53 pm

McDonald's b/c they have more variety. Sure, I love Whopper Jrs. and Whoppers. But after that, what can I get that I'd want at BK?

When I don't want a hamburger, I can always rely on a Filet o' Fish or Chicken Nuggets at least. The fries at Mickey D's are the best, though. Hands down!

Written By: haleym8826 on 06/10/06 at 10:39 pm

Allright whistle. Finally someone besides tam who doesn't think that sounds completely discusting.  http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/06/luxhello.gif http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/06/luxhello.gif http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/06/luxhello.gif

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 06/10/06 at 11:59 pm

Both do nothing for me. But I reluctantly went for BK.

Written By: Red Ant on 06/11/06 at 12:58 am

Wow, I can't believe all the votes for McD's. Their fries are good, but the rest, http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/01/barf.gif!

Bacon Double Cheeseburgers are one of the 4 main food groups.  ;D

My vote is for BK.

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/11/06 at 2:59 am

Other:

KFC

Written By: Gis on 06/11/06 at 3:59 am

I don't actually eat burgers after I found out what they were made of !

In the U.K Burger King wins hands down, Mucky D's is revolting, though their chips are better than BK's

Written By: Echo Nomad on 06/11/06 at 3:50 pm

Burger King for me.

McDonalds products seem more like prefab foods. However my preference for BK maybe my weakness as an American. While BK has bigger, juicer products, MD's seems to have a healthier selection.

Written By: Marian on 06/11/06 at 4:11 pm

I like carl's jr. fries,especially the criss-cut.They also have fried zucchini.

Written By: P.E.D. on 08/14/06 at 11:08 am

I've seen countless countless countless threads, surveys, questionaires, etc on this topic. Almost ALWAYS Burger King wins, hands down. Or also as often, people name a 3rd option (i.e. Wendy's), or a different genre of fast food (i.e. Taco Bell) and many simply say they do not like fast food. And yet, McDonald's has been raking it in and raking it in for 50 years now..and despite how many golden Arches there are in the area, they are rarely if ever hurting for business. Go into almost ANY McD's at lunch hour, and you will without a doubt be standing in a line or sitting ina snaking drive thru window. So if surveys continue to say, both done scientifically and non-scientifically such as this one, that McDonald's is really not all that favored by the public, and people are either eating Burger King, Wendy's, or tofu with hummus, HOW DO THEY KEEP MAKING SO MUCH $$ and why are they NEVER slow, no matter what state, province, or country I have been to???

Written By: Sister Morphine on 08/15/06 at 12:57 am

I like them both, to be honest.

Written By: NbC on 08/15/06 at 7:44 am

Burger King - Because they offer Veggie Burgers and I am addicted to their onion rings.

McDonald's Fries are good also.  I don't care for their salads and you can't have a meal on only fries so BK it is. 

Written By: Dominic L. on 08/15/06 at 10:21 am

*Shrug* They both have pros and cons.

The whopper is more fattening than the Big Mac

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/17/06 at 1:56 am

Mcdonalds for the restaurant is open earlier than Burger King.

Written By: DJ Midas on 08/17/06 at 9:17 pm

Burger King.

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/20/06 at 1:08 am

Another reason for favouring McDonalds, for currently the restaurant are handing out free drinking glasses with every meal and these glasses are prove useful at home.

Written By: Paul on 08/20/06 at 1:51 pm

Other...

The kebab shop at the top of the road does a cracking burger...

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/20/06 at 1:54 pm

Other...

...with chips, not French Fries

Written By: Paul on 08/20/06 at 4:55 pm

...with chips, not French Fries

Proper 'doorstops', these... :D

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 08/20/06 at 5:17 pm

Other...

Sounds wonderful!  :)

Written By: Wiffle on 08/20/06 at 10:21 pm

I'm not crazy about fast food but BK definitely would get my business of the two because (a) they have awesome that awesome chicken fries commercial  right now http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gm_n76Dsl0c, and (b) I've thrown up after eating at McDonald's before, just from the greasy texture. A hangover may have contributed to that, but still I cannot forget, although it was years ago.

Written By: Roadgeek on 08/21/06 at 1:10 pm

Well, I like McDonald's and Burger King, but I tend to lean more toward Burger King.

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/21/06 at 1:11 pm

Proper 'doorstops', these... :D
...and vinegar

Written By: nally on 08/21/06 at 11:36 pm

I like carl's jr. fries,especially the criss-cut.They also have fried zucchini.

I used to like the Carl's Jr. criss-cut fries; I ate them a lot from about 1992-94. Do they still make 'em?

Written By: nondiva234 on 08/22/06 at 6:42 pm

I like Mickey Dee's, just because I always eat there. It's so easy to find, lol. However, I do love eating Jack In The Box whenever I'm in the States, as they don't have them here in Canada.

Written By: Brian06 on 01/26/07 at 6:57 pm

I prefer McDonalds overall, Burger King's alright as well though.

Written By: malibumike65 on 01/28/07 at 4:52 am

I gotta go with BK all of the way. I used to like McDonalds, but their food makes me sick now. Must be the grease they use. The only thing I can order at Ronalds house that doesn't make me wanna hurl anymore is their sausage and egg McMuffins. Never got sick on those. Mighty tasty too.

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 01/28/07 at 6:28 am

I don't like the meat they use at macca's. The chicken products aren't as bad. And theres something very wrong with their chips.

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 01/28/07 at 6:38 am

Has anyone tried biting into a mcdonalds meat pattie on it's own. If you ever feel like throwing up, then do that. All that grease...  :P

Written By: agoraphobicwhacko on 01/28/07 at 11:46 am

Definitely BK, although I dont eat at either place very much anymore. Food quality wise, McDonald's is the worst fast food franchise today. Their quality started dropping in the early 90's, and continues to slide today.

You guys ever wonder why their food is always so lukewarm, or even cold? Its because they microwave their products, and then dip them in grease to make it appear its been fried. One of the reasons that the cheese on a burger at McD's never melts. It never gets hot enough to melt it, and dipping the burger in grease actually causes the burger to start cooling the moment it is dipped.

The only McDonald's I know of that still fries the burgers is one at one of my local Walmarts. IF I eat at McDonald's, I always go to that one. I'm sure there are a few franchises around the world that still fry their products, but the process I described to you is what happens in the majority of their franchises.

Next time you eat a burger there, instead of scarfing it immediately, take a little time eating it, and notice everything about it. Notice the incredibly greasy texture of the burger, and also notice how it doesn't have the consistency of a fried hamburger. If that doesn't convince you, when you order a cheeseburger, immediately take off the cheese slice and hold it in your hand. It is cold.

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 01/28/07 at 7:38 pm

You guys ever wonder why their food is always so lukewarm, or even cold? Its because they microwave their products, and then dip them in grease to make it appear its been fried. One of the reasons that the cheese on a burger at McD's never melts. It never gets hot enough to melt it, and dipping the burger in grease actually causes the burger to start cooling the moment it is dipped.
Err... what's this "dipping the burger in grease" practice of which you speak? I have worked at McD's before and nothing like this happened. All the meat, chicken, salad fillings, burgers etc were made fresh. They had limits on the amount of time (15 minutes) the meat was allowed in the warmer, as with all the salad stuff. After that it got thrown out. And every burger was made as soon as it got ordered. (I've heard of other places that pre-make burgers and had them sitting in a warmer for an hour or so. I doubt this happens much anymore). All the grills & vats used for cooking the meat had to be cleaned after each use, the restaurant I worked at was very pedantic about cleanliness & presentation of the food.

Might be different for other places around the world, but don't believe everything you hear. Best to get first hand knowledge from an employee or ex-employee.

Written By: agoraphobicwhacko on 01/28/07 at 10:01 pm

One of my relatives used to work there.

Of course the food is made to order, and it only takes seconds for you to get your meal. Anyone who has been through the drive thru can vouch for that. You pay, and before you have a chance to get to the second window, the person is holding your bag of food out the window.

The fact that items are cleaned doesn't really mean anything. Of course its gonna be cleaned. They'd get shut down if it was unsanitary.

Written By: Stompgal on 01/31/07 at 10:51 am

I'm going for McDonald's. Their chicken items (McChicken Sandwich and Chicken McNuggets) and French fries rock. Both chains sell fantastic beef burgers because they're made from 100% beef. I'm loving The Angus with Bacon and Cheese at Burger King right now, although I don't go there as much as Maccy D's.

Written By: Trimac20 on 01/31/07 at 11:45 am

That's a tough one...McDonalds' burgers taste like cardboard, but Burger Kings are always soggy, being micro-waved and all. I suppose in general I eat at the former me, simply for convenience, although I don't mind either.

Written By: Barefoot_Blues on 02/06/07 at 8:38 am

Burger King

Written By: Suicidal Blonde on 02/06/07 at 11:53 am

Burger King

Written By: Marian on 02/06/07 at 1:50 pm

No offense to anyone...but I don't like McDougal's. :-\\ They always put onions on their burgers and I don't like the way the rest of their stuff tastes...except maybe their breakfasts and desserts. :)
I like Carls' Jr.They put nice BIG slices of onion on most of the burgers,plus lettuce and tomato.You actually get some vegetation with your sabdwich.

Written By: gumbypiz on 02/09/07 at 6:10 pm

As I've gotten older, both McD's and BK's burgers make me sick, the grease is just too much to try to digest...Jack in the Crack (Box) is also pretty nasty.
Luckily I live in southern California, so if it has to be a burger its In N Out without question, the best burger fast food chain, hands down.
FATTburger is a close runner up.
But given the choice I can manage to stomach a BK Whopper, as long as I have enough toilet papre for the results...

Written By: Marian on 02/11/07 at 4:05 pm

As I've gotten older, both McD's and BK's burgers make me sick, the grease is just too much to try to digest...Jack in the Crack (Box) is also pretty nasty.
Luckily I live in southern California, so if it has to be a burger its In N Out without question, the best burger fast food chain, hands down.
FATTburger is a close runner up.
But given the choice I can manage to stomach a BK Whopper, as long as I have enough toilet papre for the results...
Try Pepto bismol.An old classic but a goodie!

Subject: Burger King vs. Mcdonalds

Written By: Dude111 on 11/04/20 at 7:49 am

Burger King as there is NO MSG in the fries!!

I suppose I could get 2 cheseburgers at mcdonalds and goto BK for the fries :)

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/04/20 at 11:52 am

If open, currently takeaway only!

Written By: Howard on 11/04/20 at 2:59 pm

Burger King

Written By: wagonman76 on 11/04/20 at 5:44 pm

I prefer McDonald’s. It’s simpler and more predictable on my system. Also was cheaper for many years.

BK lost me on several ways. First their burgers were several times the price of McDonald’s. Then they started cleaning their lobbies with something that smelled like a cross between puke and thousand island dressing. Then the guy who owns all the local franchises within about 40 miles has decided not to do the renovations to renew the lease so he closed all but one. Good riddance for the most part except McDonald’s is now jam packed.

Check for new replies or respond here...