inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Best Chain Pizza

Written By: deadrockstar on 06/10/06 at 7:03 pm

My pick is Little Ceasar's.  I love their sauce, and crazy bread.

Subject: Re: Best Chain Pizza

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 06/10/06 at 7:05 pm

I picked Papa John's. Wow, I haven't had Little Ceasar's in SUCH a long time... they closed all of them down near me.

Written By: whistledog on 06/10/06 at 7:06 pm

I picked Little Caesar's.  They no longer exist in my area as all, but when they did, I got their pizza all the time.  The Crazy Bread was the best 8)

Nowadays, I get my pizza from Dominos

Written By: deadrockstar on 06/10/06 at 7:27 pm

Little Ceasar's ran into some business troubles back in the late 90s I think and ended up closing down like over half their restaurants.

Thankfully though the last 3 or 4 years they've started to bounce back.  Here in the Tyler area we went without one for a long time, but they opened a new one a couple of years ago finally. 

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 06/10/06 at 8:17 pm

Hell Pizza. I think they only exist in New Zealand (maybe Australia?), but their pizza is hellishly good!  8)

Out of the list I go with Dominoes.

Written By: La Roche on 06/10/06 at 11:23 pm

Dang.. on the list, one must pick Dominoes, but jeez, where is Guido's?

Maybe it's just local.. there's like 4 of them on the hill.

One like a block away from Yoggi Berra's old house.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Hill_(Saint_Louis)

(I live there.)

Written By: Red Ant on 06/11/06 at 1:32 am

I picked Papa John's. Wow, I haven't had Little Ceasar's in SUCH a long time... they closed all of them down near me.

Yeah, all of them closed near me as well.

I went for Dominos, their wings are better than Pizza Hut's and their pizzas are really good too.

Pepperoni, Pineapple and Pepperoncini (sp?) are my favorite toppings.

We have Papa Johns, Chanello's and Uno here too, they aren't bad but are out of my delivery area so I don't eat there too often.

Written By: Sister Morphine on 06/11/06 at 1:38 am

I'd have to go with none, actually.  I'm from Chicago.....the home of REAL pizza and the best pizza for your money can be found at either Father & Sons or Giordano's.  You can't get that anywhere else but Chicago.

Written By: Tam on 06/11/06 at 2:29 am

Hey! I edited the poll to add Other.

I chose other.
Pizza Pizza is my fav and only a few around here will know what I am talking about! ;)

Written By: Gis on 06/11/06 at 4:00 am

Other, Pizza Express.

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/11/06 at 4:07 am

Pizza Hut, because some restaurants have the eat as much as you like at lunchtime.

Written By: danootaandme on 06/11/06 at 7:43 am

Pizza Hut, but I only use chains as a last resort.  The Italian population around here makes it possible to find the very best pizza on just about every block.

Written By: La Roche on 06/11/06 at 9:05 am

Pizza Hut, but I only use chains as a last resort.  The Italian population around here makes it possible to find the very best pizza on just about every block.

Same here.

I walk 2 blocks in any direction and pass so many amazing places.

Written By: whistledog on 06/11/06 at 10:33 am

Hey! I edited the poll to add Other.

I chose other.
Pizza Pizza is my fav and only a few around here will know what I am talking about! ;)

Ontario's Finest O0

The odd time I get Pizza from there

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 06/11/06 at 11:40 am

Other:

Boston's North End Pizza  :D

Written By: woops on 06/11/06 at 3:37 pm

Dominos

Written By: Marian on 06/11/06 at 4:09 pm

I like Mountain Mike's.My favorite is their combo.

Written By: gemini on 06/11/06 at 4:21 pm

Marions Pizza. There are about 4 of them around the Dayton area, and it's definately the best.

Written By: Dagwood on 06/11/06 at 6:11 pm

Pizza hut.  I love their breadsticks and the crust on the pan pizzas.

Written By: Foo Bar on 06/11/06 at 7:55 pm

Chicago-area:  Lou Malnati's.  They're technically a chain... they've got at least two locations and will FedEx you a dry-ice-chilled, partially-cooked, pie to anywhere in America.  Best pie I've had on the face of this earth.

http://www.loumalnatis.com

Reality:  Papa Murphy's.  Definitely a franchise/chain operation.  You walk in, drop $10-15, and you get a fresh-made, raw pie.  You can get 'em pre-made with whatever toppings you like, just like any other pizzeria.  You pick it up, take it home,  and cook it in your own oven. 

What you do with the pie between the trunk of your car and your oven is your own business.  The fresh-crushed garlic, another half-pound of cheese, basil, oregano, pepperoni, sausage, (and/or leftover chicken/turkey), and the brushing of the crust with olive oil for that extra crispy golden finish?  Gosh, Papa Murphy, I don't know how all that extra stuff got on there!

Their stock pies are actually really good, it's just hard to resist meddling when you've got an oven preheating for 15 minutes and a pile of good ingredients in the fridge.

Stock pies range in style from a thin-crust-style pie to an almost-deep-dish style of pie. Their "Sicilian" pie sits atop a thin layer of olive oil -- the crust rivals that of Pizza Hut's.  Expatriate New  Yorkers and Chicagoans alike should be able to find something they like.

Written By: deadrockstar on 06/11/06 at 9:37 pm

We have one of the best Pizza joints in the country.  Literally.  Its been ranked before in the top 10 I believe.  Its a local place called Bruno's and their pizza IS amazing.  But we never get any from there. ;D

Written By: Tanya1976 on 06/12/06 at 1:04 pm

I'd have to go with none, actually.  I'm from Chicago.....the home of REAL pizza and the best pizza for your money can be found at either Father & Sons or Giordano's.  You can't get that anywhere else but Chicago.

Sorry the best pizza's in New York!! lol - Chicago has pie - you're not supposed to eat pizza with a knife and fork!!  ;)  ;D

Written By: Apricot on 06/12/06 at 3:21 pm

Though they've disappointed me so much lately, I stand by Pizza Hut.

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 06/13/06 at 3:51 pm

I went with Pizza Hut, but Pizza Inn is pretty darn good, too.

Also, a regional restaurant here, Round Table, is tasty, too.

Written By: Indy Gent on 06/13/06 at 6:47 pm

Donato's, although they are rather pricy. I'm about burnt out by Pizza Hut pizza.

Written By: Stompgal on 06/22/06 at 5:27 am

Pizza Hut.

Written By: Trimac20 on 06/22/06 at 12:19 pm

Of those mentioned we only have Pizza Hut (too saucy), and Dominoes (not much better). As well as a few local franchises. I prefer independent places, but due to budget restrictions, usually eat at Dominoes.

Written By: Sister Morphine on 06/22/06 at 12:20 pm

Sorry the best pizza's in New York!! lol - Chicago has pie - you're not supposed to eat pizza with a knife and fork!!  ;)  ;D

That's only deep-dish.  Chicago is also known for thin crust.

Written By: Trimac20 on 06/22/06 at 12:22 pm

Yes, ppl eating pizza with a bottle and cork is one of my pet hates as well.

I'd argue outside Italy, Melbourne or even Perth has some of the best Pizza you can find...

Written By: haleym8826 on 06/22/06 at 10:21 pm

I chose Dominos. I love their wings. All flavors of their breadsticks are pretty good too.

Written By: Southern Image on 07/05/06 at 1:11 pm

Pizza Hut for a delivery chain.

Written By: DJ Midas on 07/05/06 at 10:11 pm

For national chains - Papa John's

For local chains - Barro's and Sardella's

Written By: Step-chan on 07/06/06 at 4:55 pm

Pizza Hut, but another I like is Pizza Di Roma(formally known as "Luca's Pizza").

Written By: holicman on 07/20/06 at 10:11 am

I voted Dominos because i work for them and they have the best pizzas and selection of crusts and the best garlic bread and the best wings and the best selection of drinks and the best menu.

Personally I go for Johnny boys because they have the best Marinara Pizza (though La Porchetta sheeshs all over them for marinara pizzas.)

;D

Written By: Dominic L. on 07/20/06 at 12:14 pm

Round Table Pizza is THE BEST!

I mean it, it's so good....

Written By: Jessica on 07/20/06 at 12:55 pm

That's only deep-dish.  Chicago is also known for thin crust.

Yup. I ate some pizza at Edwardo's. The sauce was spectacular and the crust was delicious.

I have yet to try Giordano's, although I've heard nothing but good things about it.

Sadly, the chain restaurant I favor cannot be found around these parts: Round Table. Not like I need it though since I live so close to Chicago. ;D

Written By: Sister Morphine on 07/20/06 at 2:48 pm

Yup. I ate some pizza at Edwardo's. The sauce was spectacular and the crust was delicious.

I have yet to try Giordano's, although I've heard nothing but good things about it.

Sadly, the chain restaurant I favor cannot be found around these parts: Round Table. Not like I need it though since I live so close to Chicago. ;D

Holla for the Chicago pizza fan!

Written By: whistledog on 07/20/06 at 2:59 pm

McDonald's Pizza

It tastes like cardboard, so you can eat it right out of the box :D

Written By: HunkyDory on 07/20/06 at 10:34 pm

round table...
FOR THE WIN

Written By: Jessica on 07/20/06 at 10:35 pm

McDonald's Pizza

But then how do you know where the pizza ends and the cardboard begins? ;)

Written By: HunkyDory on 07/20/06 at 10:48 pm

McDonald's Pizza

McDonald's has pizza!?

Written By: Rice_Cube on 07/20/06 at 11:12 pm

It's not a chain, but in Chapel Hill there's an awesome hole-in-the-wall place called Pepper's Pizza that serves the most awesome pizza ever.  I loved that place.

Written By: Jessica on 07/20/06 at 11:17 pm

It's not a chain, but in Chapel Hill there's an awesome hole-in-the-wall place called Pepper's Pizza that serves the most awesome pizza ever.  I loved that place.

What about Mellow Mushroom?

Written By: Rice_Cube on 07/20/06 at 11:19 pm

Never went.  Always too crowded for us.

There was also an all-you-can-eat Pizza joint in Durham called CiCi's.  They had some weird pizzas but they filled you up quick for $4 as buffet :)

Written By: Davester on 07/20/06 at 11:22 pm

Eat in: Blondie's - Pleasant Hill

Take 'N Bake: Papa Murphy's

Written By: Sister Morphine on 07/20/06 at 11:40 pm

Never went.  Always too crowded for us.

There was also an all-you-can-eat Pizza joint in Durham called CiCi's.  They had some weird pizzas but they filled you up quick for $4 as buffet :)

We have CiCi's down here.  My mom loves their buffet special.

Written By: Dave79 on 07/29/06 at 2:41 pm

I grew up on Pizza Hut.. Always have thought it was the best, it was the only choice for many years unless one wanted to drive 30 miles for a pie.
--
Dave.

Written By: P.E.D. on 08/04/06 at 1:31 pm

Best chain Pizza? Pizzeria Regina or Papa Gino's. Best pizza? Any small, hole in the wall real Italian owned place on the east coast

Written By: DJ Midas on 08/09/06 at 7:41 pm

Oh man, that's one of the few things I miss about NC.  Their pizza rocks.

Pepper's IS awesome.  8)

There's another small local chain here in the Valley called Nello's (which I had last Friday) which has great deep dish.  For thin crust pizza I like a local joint called Dee's (fka Johnnie's).  Good stuff.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 08/09/06 at 7:54 pm

We have a chain with a couple of restaurants here in the bay area called Zachary's and it is excellent Chicago style pizza

Written By: packerhawk24 on 08/13/06 at 3:06 pm

Really, all chain pizza tastes about the same....bland, they skimp on ingredients because of concern for the bottom line. I know of which I speak, I used to work for Domino's.

Any decent sized city, at least in the Midwest and Northeast US has so many good local places that there's no need to even bother with the chains. The only people who ordered from the Domino's I worked at in the Chicago area were stoners and people obviously too broke to afford otherwise.

Oh yeah, and you can't mention Chicago pizza without mentioning Aurelio's, best thin crust ever.

Written By: haleym8826 on 08/27/06 at 12:14 am

We have CiCi's down here.  My mom loves their buffet special.

CiCi's is awesome! ;D

Written By: Dominic L. on 08/27/06 at 9:31 am

McDonald's has pizza!?

Now that's just crazy talk.

Written By: nally on 11/28/06 at 10:51 pm

Pizza Hut.

But there is one franchise that seems to only exist in Ventura County but has a number of locations around the county and has really good pizza...Toppers! (I don't know if that counts as a chain restaurant, so I won't select "Other" just yet.)

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 11/28/06 at 10:53 pm

Round Table, but it's expensive

Written By: nally on 11/28/06 at 11:05 pm

It sure is. We went there for a friend's birthday almost three years ago...but I don't remember how much it cost. it didn't taste too good to me either. :-\\

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 11/28/06 at 11:12 pm

It sure is. We went there for a friend's birthday almost three years ago...but I don't remember how much it cost. it didn't taste too good to me either. :-\\
my friend used to own and manage one here and he gave me huge discounts, but since he sold the business, I only get the coupon discounts and one large combo pizza is an easy 18-20bucks without a coupon.  Some Round Tables put out better pizza than other, not sure why, but we have had some bad ones, but mostly good.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 12/01/06 at 1:15 am

I'm trying to decide whether to get Dominoes or Little Ceasars pizza for our poker party tomorrow night  :-\\

Written By: whistledog on 01/04/07 at 3:42 am

One my fellow Canucks may recognize ...

http://saublebeach.ca/restaurants/pizzad.gif

Written By: Dominic L. on 01/04/07 at 11:07 am

Man, that place is soooo good.

Written By: Ashkicksass on 01/04/07 at 11:31 am

Little Ceasars.  I love it.

Written By: Foo Bar on 01/07/07 at 1:15 am

We have a chain with a couple of restaurants here in the bay area called Zachary's and it is excellent Chicago style pizza

Ah, Zacharay's.  Anyone in San Francisco or Oakland, or Berkeley or anywhere within a couple hours' drive of there, and who sorely misses the proper Chicago pie, needs to go there.  They do take-out as well as eat-in. 

The next time anyone reading this is ever in Chicago, check out Lou Malnati's.  Or drop the extra money and have one of Lou's pies FedEx'd to your office overnight.  Costs a bundle, but if you've never experienced a real  Chicago style pizza, you gotta try it once.

Sorry, New York.  You make a nice slice for a quick bite, and I've eaten many of 'em, but if I want to sit down and eat a fargin' pie, it's gotta be Chicago style.

Written By: Sister Morphine on 01/07/07 at 1:18 am

If that's Zacharay's, then it certainly is.

The next time anyone reading this is ever in Chicago, check out Lou Malnati's

Sorry, New York.  You make a nice slice.  But if I want to sit down and eat a fargin' pie, it's gotta be Chicago style.

*stands and cheers*

Written By: Marian on 01/12/07 at 2:23 pm

I like Round table and Mountain mike's.I like when I have obne of those coupons where you can get 2 Round table Personal pizzas for the price of one,or the half price Mountain Mike's pizza.

Subject: Best Chain Pizza

Written By: Dude111 on 11/04/20 at 7:42 am

I used to love Pizza hut many years until they changed the pizza to a more NATURAL sauce..... It tastes like crap and bothers my stomach!!

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/04/20 at 11:52 am

Currently now, takeaway only.

Written By: wagonman76 on 11/04/20 at 5:34 pm

Pizza Hut for great pizza and other items. Little Caesers for good cheap pizza.

We don’t have any of the others around here. There was a dominos about 20 years ago but I never went.

One that has become a multi state chain is BC pizza. The original location was started less than 10 miles from here. It’s not my favorite though.

Check for new replies or respond here...