inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Wendy's vs. Arby's

Written By: haleym8826 on 06/10/06 at 11:03 pm

Ok these were suposed to go on the Mcdonalds and Burger king but when I realized that they weren't in the title I realized that there was not much more time to add them and post the topic before the library computer would shut me down. So I just posted it title as is and deleted the other choices when I got home. Then Tam gave me the idea to just start one for the other two sets of resturaunts. So here is this one and the other is already posted.

Ready... Set... Debate!

Subject: Re: Wendy's vs. Arby's

Written By: whistledog on 06/10/06 at 11:39 pm

Arbys.  I Don't much care for their sandwiches, but I go there for the baked potatos, and curly fries with cheese sauec and gravy.  It is the best.

The Arby's here though is way downtown, so I don't get there as much as I like :(

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 06/10/06 at 11:58 pm

We don't have Arby's, so Wendy's it is.

Written By: Red Ant on 06/11/06 at 1:10 am

We have both here, and my vote is for Wendy's. Arby's commercials gross me out; real roast beef does not look or taste like that.

Anyone remember their "5 for 5" commericals a while back? 5 roast beef sandwiches for 5$? Seems a bit crazy unless you are ordering for a work crew or something....

Written By: Tam on 06/11/06 at 2:31 am

I voted for Arby's - only because I have gotten food from Wendy's that wasn't fully cooked. I refuse to go back!

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/11/06 at 3:49 am

Wendys

Written By: Gis on 06/11/06 at 3:52 am

We don't have them in the U.K but Arby's when I'm there though Wendy's is good too.

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/11/06 at 3:54 am

We don't have them in the U.K but Arby's when I'm there though Wendy's is good too.
I wish to stae that the Wendy's I went in was in a foreign land.

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 06/11/06 at 11:42 am

Wendy's

Written By: fusefan on 06/11/06 at 1:35 pm

Arby's because i've only eaten at Wendy's like 3 times in my life. Plus they have those great curly fries.

Written By: Dagwood on 06/11/06 at 6:06 pm

Arbys.  The best meal would be Beef 'N Cheddar, curly fries and a Jamocha shake.  Yum.

Written By: Tanya1976 on 06/12/06 at 1:03 pm

Wendy's!!!!

I can get more choices there. But they are so few and far between it sickens me.

Written By: Apricot on 06/12/06 at 3:29 pm

I like them both, but I really tend to only eat one meal from each... Giant Roast Beef with the Curly Fries from Arby's and Chicken Nuggets With Fries from Wendy's... I love both... but (and maybe it's because I only get this on a very rare basis), the Roast Beef is my preference, so Arby's wins.

Written By: gemini on 06/12/06 at 4:56 pm

Arbys. I like their Beef and Cheddar and onion petals, but the rest of the family likes Wendy's, so I usually go to Wendys first, take a right and pull into Arbys for mine.

Written By: 80s_cheerleader on 06/15/06 at 4:20 pm

Arbys.  The best meal would be Beef 'N Cheddar, curly fries, potato cakes and a Jamocha shake.  Yum.
I just corrected your statement for you Dag.....I know what you meant ;)

I've had some pretty bad experiences at Wendy's (which I'll save for the "gross restaurant happenings" thread) so I had to go with America's Roast Beef, Yes Sir ;)  NOTHING is as good as a jamocha shake :P

Written By: Apricot on 06/16/06 at 11:53 am

I really don't even think that this is an apt comparison.. Arby's is a very unique fast food place in the sense that it seems to intend to give the presentation of a deli more then anything, with all the sandwiches and side orders and whatnot.

Written By: Kryllith on 06/19/06 at 12:25 pm

As far as variety goes, I favor Wendys because I like their Taco Salads (miss their old salad bars though). I had to choose Arby though because Wendy doesn't have a French Dip.

Written By: Apricot on 06/19/06 at 10:42 pm

As far as variety goes, I favor Wendys because I like their Taco Salads (miss their old salad bars though). I had to choose Arby though because Wendy doesn't have a French Dip.

French Dip? They have French dressing..

Written By: Kryllith on 06/20/06 at 9:06 am

French Dip? They have French dressing..

Nah, a roast beef sandwich/sub that you dip in au jus. :)

Written By: Apricot on 06/21/06 at 5:19 am

Nah, a roast beef sandwich/sub that you dip in au jus. :)

Oh yeahhhhh, I actually DO know what you're talking about now that you specify.

I'm not sure I'd like au jous on a roast beef sandwich, though.

Written By: Suicidal Blonde on 09/06/06 at 3:02 pm

Wendys

Check for new replies or respond here...