inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Most Upsetting Resturaunt Visits

Written By: haleym8826 on 06/19/06 at 10:53 pm

This Topic is for you to tell stories about some visits you took to a resturaunt that made you angry or upset >:( :(

Here is one of mine. There was this time that we went to Denny's when I first got to Texas. It wasn't that busy so we had no wait. They served us our drinks and let us order our food. Next thing we know their fighting over who is going to serve us. So we just sat there waiting and waiting until finally we decided to leave. We didn't pay for our drinks or anything. E just got up and went to IHOP. >:( :(

Subject: Re: Most Upsetting Resturaunt Visits

Written By: whistledog on 06/19/06 at 11:22 pm

The other day at Swiss Chalet, it was quite busy, so understandable that the service was slow.  The waitress forgot to include gravy for my fries, and forgot to bring my Chalet sauce.  Took me about 5 minutes to flag her down, then about another 5 minutes for her to being me my gravy and sauce.

The only high point of that night was that she was very nice looking.  All of the waitresses there are extremely gorgeous, so even when there is terrible service, I will still enjoy a great meal 8)

Written By: Tanya1976 on 06/19/06 at 11:42 pm

I went to Denny's with my hubby, my mom in law and my son. They placed us in a certain section, which was in the back. It was weird b/c there were many seats in the front. I felt a bit uneasy giving Denny's reputation. I previously vowed to never eat there b/c of it. As we waited for our food, we noticed two separate groups of African-Americans being ushered in the same section despite the large amount of seating in the front.  >:(We notified the manager that we didn't appreciate where we were placed and that we will not be eating at this establishment anymore. I knew I had a reason not to eat there. Never again. I love IHOP anyway.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 06/20/06 at 8:40 am

One time we were eating at Olive Garden. They were very busy and our waitress had already taken our orders...but it seemed like it was taking overly long for our meals to arrive. We waited and waited....and finally the manager came over to our table and informed us that our server had just quit and walked out of the restaurant during her shift, and left her tables stranded. Needless to say, we got our meals for free that day!

Another time we were eating at Eat-n-Park and we had this very ditsy waitress. Now, I used to be a server and I know how it is when you get really busy, etc...so I always tend to go easy on servers....but this girl was simply HORRIBLE!  She came over to our table to take our order and we were nearly finished telling her what we wanted and she was like, "oh, um...do you have a pen?".  So we had to fish out a pen for her and repeat all of our orders. She didn't bring any of the side orders, got the entire meal order messed up...and then came back over and started bitching about how much she hates being a server, how she hates the place, how she doesn't care...etc...she was just horrible!! :(

Written By: haleym8826 on 06/20/06 at 12:53 pm

Now thats bad service! >:(

One time we were eating at Olive Garden. They were very busy and our waitress had already taken our orders...but it seemed like it was taking overly long for our meals to arrive. We waited and waited....and finally the manager came over to our table and informed us that our server had just quit and walked out of the restaurant during her shift, and left her tables stranded. Needless to say, we got our meals for free that day!

Another time we were eating at Eat-n-Park and we had this very ditsy waitress. Now, I used to be a server and I know how it is when you get really busy, etc...so I always tend to go easy on servers....but this girl was simply HORRIBLE!  She came over to our table to take our order and we were nearly finished telling her what we wanted and she was like, "oh, um...do you have a pen?".  So we had to fish out a pen for her and repeat all of our orders. She didn't bring any of the side orders, got the entire meal order messed up...and then came back over and started bitching about how much she hates being a server, how she hates the place, how she doesn't care...etc...she was just horrible!! :(

Written By: whistledog on 06/20/06 at 2:03 pm

Here's real bad service ...

The other day, My mom, brother and I went to this restaurant called "Nostalgia Station".  It's a famous restaurant around here cause it is owned by the parents of Canadian Idol (Season 1) Winner Ryan Malcolm, so we thought we'd give it a try cause we heard it was a great family restaurant

So we get there, and the place is real small.  The left side of the place is an eating area, the other side had pool tables and a bar, complete with a bunch of loud drunks swearing and making a ruckus.  So after about 5 minutes of waiting, our waiter comes over drunk.  I could tell he was drunk cause of the way he was talking.  Plus, he didn't look like a waiter.  He came over from where the drunk bar patrons were to take our order.  Finally, when our food came, it was a really bad meal.  I'd ordered an Italian Poutine (Fries, Cheese Curd topped with Italian Meat Sauce) and some of the fries were cold and uncooked. 

I didn't want to cause a scene, so we suffered through our meal, paid the bill, then left.  I won't ever be going back to that place again.  I almost had half a mind to go and draw a moustache on that big picture of Ryan Malcolm that was on the wall behind where I was sitting.  I didn't, but I should've ;D

Written By: Marian on 06/20/06 at 3:13 pm

Here's real bad service ...

The other day, My mom, brother and I went to this restaurant called "Nostalgia Station".  It's a famous restaurant around here cause it is owned by the parents of Canadian Idol (Season 1) Winner Ryan Malcolm, so we thought we'd give it a try cause we heard it was a great family restaurant

So we get there, and the place is real small.  The left side of the place is an eating area, the other side had pool tables and a bar, complete with a bunch of loud drunks swearing and making a ruckus.  So after about 5 minutes of waiting, our waiter comes over drunk.  I could tell he was drunk cause of the way he was talking.  Plus, he didn't look like a waiter.  He came over from where the drunk bar patrons were to take our order.  Finally, when our food came, it was a really bad meal.  I'd ordered an Italian Poutine (Fries, Cheese Curd topped with Italian Meat Sauce) and some of the fries were cold and uncooked. 

I didn't want to cause a scene, so we suffered through our meal, paid the bill, then left.  I won't ever be going back to that place again.  I almost had half a mind to go and draw a moustache on that big picture of Ryan Malcolm that was on the wall behind where I was sitting.  I didn't, but I should've ;D

Are you sure he was really a waiter?

Written By: whistledog on 06/20/06 at 5:04 pm

Are you sure he was really a waiter?

Not really no, but there was no one else to come take our order ;D

Written By: haleym8826 on 06/20/06 at 9:42 pm

Not really no, but there was no one else to come take our order ;D

That would be even more upsetting to find out he wasn't cuz then that would mean noone did come for your food. He probably just told the bartender what you wanted after he took it when really he didn't have to.

Written By: Apricot on 06/21/06 at 5:18 am

One time, I got the wrong food.. so I sent it back, and they brought back a smaller portion of the same meal. I gave up and ate it, kinda pissed off.

Every time I've been to Pizza Hut in the past 6 months, I've been so let down I don't even wanna go there anymore.. what used to be my favorite restaurant.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 06/21/06 at 6:53 am

One time, I got the wrong food.. so I sent it back, and they brought back a smaller portion of the same meal. I gave up and ate it, kinda pissed off.

Every time I've been to Pizza Hut in the past 6 months, I've been so let down I don't even wanna go there anymore.. what used to be my favorite restaurant.

oh....you mentioning Pizza Hut made me think of another horrible happening.  We went to pizza hut for their crappy lunch buffet once...and we all (4 of us) found different color hairs in our food...it was totally gross! >:(

Written By: haleym8826 on 06/21/06 at 6:08 pm

ther was a time that me and tam went to mcdonalds and I ordered a double cheese burger. When they served the food everything was fine except for the fact that the only thing in my burger was the 2 beef patties. That was the driest sandwhich ever.
:P

Written By: Apricot on 06/21/06 at 9:57 pm

oh....you mentioning Pizza Hut made me think of another horrible happening.  We went to pizza hut for their crappy lunch buffet once...and we all (4 of us) found different color hairs in our food...it was totally gross! >:(

One time, they completely ignored us.. they sat us and did nothing for about an hour.. it was sad.

We eventually wound up taking 2 bottles of Coke from the freezer thing.. they gave us the meal for free.. but it took us an hour to get it.

Written By: haleym8826 on 06/21/06 at 11:11 pm

One time, they completely ignored us.. they sat us and did nothing for about an hour.. it was sad.

We eventually wound up taking 2 bottles of Coke from the freezer thing.. they gave us the meal for free.. but it took us an hour to get it.

I would have taken the coke and went to dominos.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 06/22/06 at 6:57 am

They did that to us to!!!  Chris and I went there for lunch, and our waitress literally brought our drinks and we got the pizza buffet....and she never came back...at all. She never refilled our drinks, cleared our plates....nor did she bring us the bill.  We waited over 1/2 our AFTER we were already finished eating....and she still never came over. She totally ignored us the entire time. Soo.......this was the only time I have EVER done this, but I was so pissed off, we just simply walked out. LOL! :D

Written By: Trimac20 on 06/22/06 at 12:17 pm

:P :P :P Should've 'sued their asses off'  :D

Written By: haleym8826 on 06/22/06 at 1:45 pm

They did that to us to!!!  Chris and I went there for lunch, and our waitress literally brought our drinks and we got the pizza buffet....and she never came back...at all. She never refilled our drinks, cleared our plates....nor did she bring us the bill.  We waited over 1/2 our AFTER we were already finished eating....and she still never came over. She totally ignored us the entire time. Soo.......this was the only time I have EVER done this, but I was so pissed off, we just simply walked out. LOL! :D

I would have done the exact same thing. And if they tried to complain I'd just say its their fault for never coming back to our table.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 06/22/06 at 5:15 pm

The only time we eat at McDonald's is when we are on the road-for breakfast. One time (in California), we ordered our food and waited. Yes, it was a bit crowded but we noticed that our food was sitting there waiting for the person in front to hand it to us. After standing there for I don't know how long, Carlos finally ask if we could have our food (we had already paid). They just had to hand it to us. We were a bit upset. It just so happened that the owner was there and told them to give us back our $$. The girl said that we already received our food. She was told that didn't matter because the BOSS said to. So, we got our breakfast for free.  ;D

Then another McDonald's (in Arizona?). We were standing in line-they had the breakfast menu out. When we got to front of the line, they changed the menu and would not let us get breakfast. So we left and went to a really nice restaurant across the street. Their loss.

Cat

Written By: haleym8826 on 06/22/06 at 10:58 pm

That would have made me mad. I got there on time for breakfast and it wouldn't hurt to make one more breakfast meal. They should have given u breakfast. Oh well atleast you got to go to a nicer place.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 06/23/06 at 8:10 am

I would have done the exact same thing. And if they tried to complain I'd just say its their fault for never coming back to our table.

ya, I mean...she never ever came back...that was rude! >:( :D

Written By: haleym8826 on 06/23/06 at 1:00 pm

Well Hey at least you got free food. ;)

Written By: Donnie Darko on 06/23/06 at 1:52 pm

Even gotten an ant in your drink?  >:(

Written By: haleym8826 on 06/23/06 at 1:55 pm

Even gotten an ant in your drink?  >:(

No but I had antsw in my cereal befor and didn't realize it until I took the first bite. :P

Written By: Donnie Darko on 06/23/06 at 1:55 pm

No but I had antsw in my cereal befor and didn't realize it until I took the first bite. :P

:P

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 06/23/06 at 7:42 pm

I went to Sheetz once and ordered a sub, and found ants crawling around in the wrapper...I was really disgusted. :-\\

Written By: Stompgal on 06/24/06 at 8:22 am

When I was a kid, I went to a local burger bar called Rocky's with my family and although the food was reasonable, I was upset when I left because I forgot my toy of a plastic man on a parachute.

Five years ago, we went to a restaurant in Usk and I was disappointed with my dessert because I ordered a milk chocolate cake, but I was served a white chocolate cake instead and it had hardly any flavour.

Written By: haleym8826 on 06/24/06 at 1:21 pm

When I was a kid, I went to a local burger bar called Rocky's with my family and although the food was reasonable, I was upset when I left because I forgot my toy of a plastic man on a parachute.

Five years ago, we went to a restaurant in Usk and I was disappointed with my dessert because I ordered a milk chocolate cake, but I was served a white chocolate cake instead and it had hardly any flavour.

The only time white chocolate tastes good is as actuall WHITE CHOCOLATE.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 06/24/06 at 5:29 pm

One time when we were in California, we went to IHOP. There were about 7 of us-sitting in a booth with one sitting on the end. I was in the middle. The waitress came and took everyone's order-but mine.  :\'(  I think it was Carlos who flagged her down and placed my order. But she never wrote it down. Everyone's food came but mine. I guess someone called the manager and they FINALLY put in my order. Of course my meal came when everyone was finished with theirs. I felt bad because I felt everyone was waiting for me-but they all knew it wasn't my fault. Just more proof that I am, indeed "invisable". (I can't remember if my meal was free or not.)

Cat

Written By: haleym8826 on 06/24/06 at 5:55 pm

One time when we were in California, we went to IHOP. There were about 7 of us-sitting in a booth with one sitting on the end. I was in the middle. The waitress came and took everyone's order-but mine.  :\'(  I think it was Carlos who flagged her down and placed my order. But she never wrote it down. Everyone's food came but mine. I guess someone called the manager and they FINALLY put in my order. Of course my meal came when everyone was finished with theirs. I felt bad because I felt everyone was waiting for me-but they all knew it wasn't my fault. Just more proof that I am, indeed "invisable". (I can't remember if my meal was free or not.)

Cat

No its just more proof that the waitress is BLIND. ;D

Written By: CatwomanofV on 06/24/06 at 5:58 pm

No its just more proof that the waitress is BLIND. ;D

Awww, thanks. And applause to you.

Cat

Written By: haleym8826 on 06/24/06 at 6:12 pm

Well Applause to you too.

Written By: Stompgal on 06/30/06 at 3:04 am

Sometimes when I go to a fast food chain like McDonald's and KFC, I see parents smacking their children. This shouldn't be allowed - poor kids. Last month, I was in the queue at a local KFC and I spotted a little boy crying and his father slapped him. I said to myself, "That was stupid." The father of the child heard me and rudely asked if I had a problem. I was like, "No." As soon as I got my food, I decided to leave to avoid him. Last time I went to that KFC, I looked around while I was in the queue to see if he was there (or any parents with little children) and luckily he wasn't.

Written By: Marian on 07/01/06 at 1:46 pm

Sometimes when I go to a fast food chain like McDonald's and KFC, I see parents smacking their children. This shouldn't be allowed - poor kids. Last month, I was in the queue at a local KFC and I spotted a little boy crying and his father slapped him. I said to myself, "That was stupid." The father of the child heard me and rudely asked if I had a problem. I was like, "No." As soon as I got my food, I decided to leave to avoid him. Last time I went to that KFC, I looked around while I was in the queue to see if he was there (or any parents with little children) and luckily he wasn't.
Some people smack children to calm them down,not to punish them.Some go the opposite route and let them whine to their heart's content.

Written By: Tam on 07/07/06 at 8:21 pm

Tonight something really upsetting happened.
Upsetting and disgusting!

Sasuke, my hubby and I went out to eat at Asian Coast, what we considered to be one of the better buffet chinese restaurants in our city. Dinner in itself was good, the food was delicious, until I found what I did on my plate....

There, walking along the edge of the plate was a tiny ant.
Not a fire ant thankgoodness but an ant none the less.
We showed it to one of the waiters, who took the plate away and never came back.
Another waiter brought us our check a few minutes later.....
Full Charge! Not even a hint of a discount!

Hubby went to the manager who curtly replied...
"This is a buffet, we have no control over what you may find in your food"

It would be different if it were a hair - still disgusting, however with people leaning over and into the food all day long there is bound to be the odd hair that falls into it. But an ANT? C'mon now!

So I am notifying the health inspector and we have a process on post (being Military) that we report things like this to them so they can put the word out to new comers as well as current people to stay away from this restaurant.

What a disappointment. Maybe had I thrown up on the table they might have given me a discount....
When we left hubby was talking about ants in our food as loud as he could so that the other patrons would be made aware.

>:(

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/08/06 at 4:14 pm

When I first moved to Vermont, I was dating a guy who lived in PA. He came up for a visit and we went out to Pizza Hut. We had the worst waiter I have ever had in my life. A few years later, I started dating this other guy. Come to find out that he was "friends" with this waiter (who didn't work at Pizza Hut anymore-hmmm, I wonder why?  ::) ). He used to work with this guy and every called him "Roger Dodger" and you can guess why. The guy was originally from Nicaragua. He was kicked out there because he was "on the wrong side" and then he got kicked out of the U.S. because (again) he was "on the wrong side". He went up to Canada but decided he didn't like it there and wanted to come back to the U.S. So he called the guy that I was actually living with at the time and asked HIM if I would marry him so he could gain U.S. citizenship. When the guy I was living with told me this, I just busted up laughing. (Yeah, I know most of this doesn't have anything to do with that resturaunt visit but I still think it was funny.)

Cat

Written By: SpaceHog on 07/09/06 at 8:13 am

I was in a restaraunt where a mother was changing her 8 year old daughter's pull-up in a booth.

I'm guessing she was 8. It was nasty, it smelled like crap.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 07/09/06 at 8:58 pm

I was in a restaraunt where a mother was changing her 8 year old daughter's pull-up in a booth.

I'm guessing she was 8. It was nasty, it smelled like crap.

that is SO gross.

Written By: SpaceHog on 07/10/06 at 7:35 am

isn't that what the changing tables in the restrooms are for?

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 07/10/06 at 8:22 am

isn't that what the changing tables in the restrooms are for?

yes...I mean, people should have enough decency to take their child to the restroom to do such things...not out in public where people are eating...that is disgusting. >:(

Written By: IWannaBeAGoonie on 07/11/06 at 2:36 am

Can I talk about one that wasn't really 'upsetting' as much as it was, um, 'jarring'?  ::)

Okay..this was back in '92--hubby and I had just gotten married and were on a "honeymoon trip" to his next duty station in Florida.

Anyway, we're in Washington state, so on the way to FL we stopped to see some of my family in Colorado and some of his in Nebraska. We were leaving Colorado on our way to Nebraska, and we thought we'd stop and get something to eat..makes sense, right?
Well anyway we stopped in a small-ish seeming town (or at least the exit we took was small)..we passed a Denney's up because I wanted to try "something different" (first mistake) and so we stop at this little restaraunt we'd never heard of. We went inside..it was pretty dead..I mean DEAD..there were no other patrons there (second mistake--maybe that should have clued us in) and frankly, the guy who seated us seemed almost like the UNdead. But we're on our honeymoon, so nothing is gonna bring us down, right?  ;)

Anyway, hubby ordered some Chili Colorado and I don't remember what my main dish was, but I do remember some cheesesticks with marinara sauce. Anyhow, as we're eating, we heard the guy answer the telephone."Alfie Packer for President" Now sure, the place was called Alfie Packers..but we'd never heard of the guy, so what the hey? Lots of restauraunts have names like that, right? So as I'm eating, I start looking around the place..newspapers and pictures all over the walls. No biggie, but then I saw a really big headline..apparently, dear old Alfie Packer was....a cannibal!  :o

OMG, I about fell out of my chair.
I tell hubby who this guy was..and he's like, 'oh, okay'. But then I start letting my mind wander (third mistake). No other patrons, we only see ONE guy, who is less than 'peppy'... ???
Needless to say, I couldn't eat another bite.
Personally I don't remember saying anything else..but hubby swears to this day that I  "..ruined his chili Colorado ..and it was really good, too!"  just because of the way I was acting. Made him lose his appetite. :-\\

LOL!
Anyway, as horrifying as the situation seemed to me at the time, looking back on it now, 14 years later, it's actually kind of funny. And definitely something to tell our kids about one day!  ;D

Written By: nally on 07/11/06 at 11:16 am

The date: January 11, 2002. The place: Marie Callenders in Camarillo, California.

What happened: We got seated at a table...but they never brought us any menus, and no server even came to our table to serve us. It was like they were ignoring us, or we were invisible to them or something. So we got up and complained to the management: "This is the first time we've been here, and it's going to be the last." And then we stormed out.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/11/06 at 12:11 pm

Can I talk about one that wasn't really 'upsetting' as much as it was, um, 'jarring'?  ::)

Okay..this was back in '92--hubby and I had just gotten married and were on a "honeymoon trip" to his next duty station in Florida.

Anyway, we're in Washington state, so on the way to FL we stopped to see some of my family in Colorado and some of his in Nebraska. We were leaving Colorado on our way to Nebraska, and we thought we'd stop and get something to eat..makes sense, right?
Well anyway we stopped in a small-ish seeming town (or at least the exit we took was small)..we passed a Denney's up because I wanted to try "something different" (first mistake) and so we stop at this little restaraunt we'd never heard of. We went inside..it was pretty dead..I mean DEAD..there were no other patrons there (second mistake--maybe that should have clued us in) and frankly, the guy who seated us seemed almost like the UNdead. But we're on our honeymoon, so nothing is gonna bring us down, right?  ;)

Anyway, hubby ordered some Chili Colorado and I don't remember what my main dish was, but I do remember some cheesesticks with marinara sauce. Anyhow, as we're eating, we heard the guy answer the telephone."Alfie Packer for President" Now sure, the place was called Alfie Packers..but we'd never heard of the guy, so what the hey? Lots of restauraunts have names like that, right? So as I'm eating, I start looking around the place..newspapers and pictures all over the walls. No biggie, but then I saw a really big headline..apparently, dear old Alfie Packer was....a cannibal!  :o

OMG, I about fell out of my chair.
I tell hubby who this guy was..and he's like, 'oh, okay'. But then I start letting my mind wander (third mistake). No other patrons, we only see ONE guy, who is less than 'peppy'... ???
Needless to say, I couldn't eat another bite.
Personally I don't remember saying anything else..but hubby swears to this day that I  "..ruined his chili Colorado ..and it was really good, too!"  just because of the way I was acting. Made him lose his appetite. :-\\

LOL!
Anyway, as horrifying as the situation seemed to me at the time, looking back on it now, 14 years later, it's actually kind of funny. And definitely something to tell our kids about one day!  ;D

Here is the lyrics to a song called "Coming Back for More" by CW McCall (of Convoy fame)

'Way up in the snow
Where the scrub oaks grow
And the coneys and the picas play
Where the marmots abound
All a-diggin' in the ground
And the wind blows cold all day

There's a little pile a' stones
On a little pile a' bones
That's a-what the archaeologists say
But the folks in Lake City
Well, they sing a different ditty
It would like to make your hair turn gray

Now, it's kind'a hard to find
But it'll altercate your mind
If you happen to go the right way
You take Slumgullion Pass
And don't stop for no gas
Until you get yourself to Al's Caf

Written By: Old Comedywriter on 07/30/06 at 12:18 am

The place:  Marie Callander's, Burbank, CA.  The time:  1983.  My wife and I, along with my sister-in-law and her fiance, were having dinner.  Toward the end of dinner, the waitress blurted out this gem:  "Are you done with your dinner, or are you still picking at that?

Written By: P.E.D. on 08/04/06 at 1:26 pm

." The father of the child heard me and rudely asked if I had a problem. I was like, "No." As soon as I got my food, I decided to leave to avoid him.

Had he asked me that, I would have been "Hell, yeah I have a problem..I came here for a meal not to be a witness to child abuse". Sorry, since I have been a parent I totally get disgusted by the way some parents treat their children, even in public.

Written By: P.E.D. on 08/04/06 at 1:29 pm

The place:  Marie Callander's, Burbank, CA.  The time:  1983.  My wife and I, along with my sister-in-law and her fiance, were having dinner.  Toward the end of dinner, the waitress blurted out this gem:  "Are you done with your dinner, or are you still picking at that?

I hear that actually quite often..the actual word PICKING included. If they ask that I always just answer, yep, I am PICKING at it.

Written By: nally on 07/02/08 at 11:45 am

If it were me, I would've answered: "Yeah, I'm still picking at it. Is that okay with you?"

Written By: nally on 08/08/17 at 6:27 pm

I just remembered my family and I had an "upsetting" restaurant visit 20 years ago. It was at an Italian eatery in Glendora, CA; it was for a distant family member's birthday celebration. The salad was DRENCHED in dressing, and the food quality was unappealing. :P

Just for the record, I once went on Google Maps not too long ago to see if this place was still around; the building is, but a different kind of restaurant is in its place now.

Written By: 80sfan on 08/08/17 at 6:56 pm

I just remembered my family and I had an "upsetting" restaurant visit 20 years ago. It was at an Italian eatery in Glendora, CA; it was for a distant family member's birthday celebration. The salad was DRENCHED in dressing, and the food quality was unappealing. :P

Just for the record, I once went on Google Maps not too long ago to see if this place was still around; the building is, but a different kind of restaurant is in its place now.

My family and I went to this restaurant and they took three hours to get to us. Yikes.

Written By: Howard on 08/09/17 at 4:03 pm

My family and I went to this restaurant and they took three hours to get to us. Yikes.

Why?  :o

Written By: nally on 01/30/18 at 8:02 pm

Yikkes. I've never had to wait that long for food. :o A few times I had to wait close to one hour to be served, and of course that sparked a complaint.

Written By: Lindee on 02/10/18 at 9:57 pm

This happened about 15 years ago. DH and I went to a family style restaurant that we frequented a lot. We had noticed on the last 1-2 visits the service and food were not that good as it used to be. On this day there were a lot of people waiting for tables. The hostess took your name and you were seated in the order your name was on the list. When we finally got to a table we were given menus. About 2 minutes later the hostess came to the table and said we were mistakenly seated ahead of someone else. She apologized and asked us to get up from the table and go back to the waiting area. We walked out and never went back there again. You just don't do that to customers after you've seated them.

Written By: Marian on 07/27/18 at 3:19 pm

A couple months ago we were at papa John's and it took over an hour to get the pizza.

Written By: Lindee on 07/27/18 at 4:00 pm

This Topic is for you to tell stories about some visits you took to a resturaunt that made you angry or upset >:( :(

Here is one of mine. There was this time that we went to Denny's when I first got to Texas. It wasn't that busy so we had no wait. They served us our drinks and let us order our food. Next thing we know their fighting over who is going to serve us. So we just sat there waiting and waiting until finally we decided to leave. We didn't pay for our drinks or anything. E just got up and went to IHOP. >:( :(

I've had bad experiences with Denny's also. Last time I went to one was in the late 90s. They seated other people BEFORE us who came into the restaurant  AFTER we did. We walked out. It's been on my banned list since then.

Written By: Howard on 07/28/18 at 3:21 pm

A couple months ago we were at papa John's and it took over an hour to get the pizza.

Why so long?  :o

Written By: Indy Gent on 09/07/18 at 5:20 pm

Jimmy John's have slowed down their delivery considerably. I live only a block away from a Jimmy John's restaurant. I made the mistake of ordering by phone at one o'clock Sunday. There was only one driver on duty, and it took him almost an hour and a half to deliver all the sandwiches. Next time I'll just walk in the store. Need the exercise anyway.

Written By: violet_shy on 09/07/18 at 7:33 pm

I've never had any bad experiences at any restaurants...thankfully! There was this one time I was at Burger King and when I opened my hamburger it was partly eaten. Like someone had taken a couple if bites and then gave it to me. I don't know if that counts as a bad experience since I laughed it off and ate the hamburger!

Written By: Howard on 09/08/18 at 2:46 pm

I've never had any bad experiences at any restaurants...thankfully! There was this one time I was at Burger King and when I opened my hamburger it was partly eaten. Like someone had taken a couple if bites and then gave it to me. I don't know if that counts as a bad experience since I laughed it off and ate the hamburger!

You could've returned it and said to them " I ain't eating this half eaten piece of &!@%"!

Written By: violet_shy on 09/08/18 at 3:07 pm

You could've returned it and said to them " I ain't eating this half eaten piece of &!@%"!

I know right! What was I thinkin!? ;D

Written By: Indy Gent on 11/04/18 at 10:52 am

I recently had to wait an hour for a smoothie because the cashier forgot about my order. And did was in a big hurry, too.

Written By: Lindee on 11/16/18 at 2:48 pm

For sure I'd take it back and complain. They would be giving me my money back, free meal, or coupons. Some kind of compensation. It happened top me at McDonalds when I received a very under cooked Quarter pounder w/cheese. After one bite I noticed the meat was pink. Took it back to the counter and they apologized profusely and gave me coupons for the next visit.

Written By: Blue Monday on 01/24/19 at 6:35 pm

Interesting thread.  I've had numerous bad experiences at sit-down restaurants, ranging from:

1) Extremely long wait time for the food, and not always because the restaurant is busy
2) Crappy food that cost a lot of money
3) Rude staff & poor service

The worst bad experience was at a well-known national Asian restaurant chain. The food sucked, it took forever to arrive, and the waitress was rude.  So, a trifecta of bad experiences here.  I will never step foot in this place again.  I've had much better Asian food @ take-out, hole-in-the wall non-chain places where there was minimal wait time, better service, and less costly food.

Another place I went to took 1 1/2 - 2 hours to be served....I wish we had gone somewhere else.  No food is worth waiting that long for.

This Seinfeld episode really hits close to home - LOL:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DAT7KzyQd34

Going along with this, I've actually had better food - and better all around eating experiences - at places that don't have waiter/waitress staff, i.e. places like Jason's Deli, La Madeline, etc.

Check for new replies or respond here...