inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Top Ramen

Written By: Southern Image on 07/07/06 at 10:14 pm

I bought some chicken flavored Top Raman. Besides just eating it the way it is. Is there anything else you can add with it?

What are your fav ways to eat it ?

Subject: Re: Top Ramen

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 07/07/06 at 10:26 pm

I've heard of people adding cooked veggies to it. Personally, I like to drain most of the liquid...and eat is as noodles. It would probably be good with stirfry veggies.

Written By: Sister Morphine on 07/07/06 at 11:18 pm

I have a lot of different recipes using Top Ramen.  One of them is a cold noodle salad with spinach, fresh mozz, diced tomatoes and balsamic vinegarette.  Another is take some chicken flavored ramen, and after the noodles have softened, drain out most of the water, add the seasoning packet, then eat it as a side dish with some grilled chicken and portabello mushroom caps.  My absolute favorite recipe though is to take any flavor Ramen you like, make it the way I described above, mix in some lump crab meat, bread crumbs, and a couple beaten eggs and form something like a crab cake.  SO divine.

Written By: lorac61469 on 07/08/06 at 12:17 am

I have a lot of different recipes using Top Ramen.  One of them is a cold noodle salad with spinach, fresh mozz, diced tomatoes and balsamic vinegarette.  Another is take some chicken flavored ramen, and after the noodles have softened, drain out most of the water, add the seasoning packet, then eat it as a side dish with some grilled chicken and portabello mushroom caps.  My absolute favorite recipe though is to take any flavor Ramen you like, make it the way I described above, mix in some lump crab meat, bread crumbs, and a couple beaten eggs and form something like a crab cake.  SO divine.

WOW!!!  The crab cake sounds wonderful...do you cut up the noodles?

I rarely eat them, except for when I was pregnant with my son, I'd have "Cup-of-Noodles" a couple of times a week...My son would eat Noo-noo's for every meal if I let him.  I usually drain off the liquid and cut up the noodles so it's easier for him to eat.

Written By: Sister Morphine on 07/08/06 at 12:19 am

WOW!!!  The crab cake sounds wonderful...do you cut up the noodles?

You can if you want, but I never have.  I might try it and see if they turn out any differently.

Written By: Tanya1976 on 07/08/06 at 1:49 pm

I bought some chicken flavored Top Raman. Besides just eating it the way it is. Is there anything else you can add with it?

I've cooked it alongside pieces of cut chicken as well as veggies.

Written By: Step-chan on 07/08/06 at 2:12 pm

Put it in Tomato soup(and save the stock for other things)...

Unless it's lobster ramen, which is my favorite.

Written By: Davester on 07/08/06 at 2:17 pm

Tried Ramen with some left over boc choi and it wasnt bad...

Girlfriend likes it with egg, that is, she breaks an egg into it while cooking...

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/08/06 at 4:17 pm

Carlos makes it with an egg, veggies, spices (such as ginger) and sometimes meat. He usually makes that when either one of us isn't feeling too well.

Cat

Written By: Southern Image on 07/09/06 at 2:20 pm

The salad sounds good. I might have to try that.

Written By: HunkyDory on 07/10/06 at 6:16 pm

i like to eat it raw, and if you add bolagna to it after you are done, it is good

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 07/10/06 at 7:18 pm

Top Raman is so universal that you can do all kinds of stuff to it. My boyfriend and I have made quite some interesting things with it, but unfortunatly these were done so randomly, I can't remember what they were.

Written By: nicki_morrissey on 07/10/06 at 8:10 pm

I loooove me some ramen noodles.

I just crunch them up while they're still in the bag, boil them, drain out most of the water, add seasoning, and voila.

But I've heard of people putting butter in it, which doesn't exactly appeal to me.

I also like to just crunch them up in the bag, pour the seasonings in, and eat it dry. That's pretty good.

Written By: Dominic L. on 07/10/06 at 10:07 pm

I eat it raw sometimes, but I prefer it boiled.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 07/10/06 at 10:15 pm

I just had some...and it was pretty darn good! ;)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/11/06 at 12:28 pm

The seasoning packettes all taste the same to me but I still like them-so it doesn't matter what flavor.

Cat

Written By: Davester on 07/11/06 at 12:38 pm

The seasoning packettes all taste the same to me but I still like them-so it doesn't matter what flavor.

Cat

Yet another good thing about this delicacy is that you can buy twenty of them for around a buck...

I recall times past where I lived on this stuff... :-[

Written By: nicki_morrissey on 07/11/06 at 12:44 pm

Cat

Really, Cat? That's neat. But I don't like the shrimp flavor. Yuck.

I bet if you tried the spicy chicken flavor, it won't taste like the rest! That stuff is SPICY.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/11/06 at 1:05 pm

Really, Cat? That's neat. But I don't like the shrimp flavor. Yuck.

I bet if you tried the spicy chicken flavor, it won't taste like the rest! That stuff is SPICY.

I find that the cup of noodles do taste different. I usually get the shrimp (they have freeze dried little shrimp in it).

Cat

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 07/12/06 at 2:46 pm

Here in Hawaii the schoolkids like to eat it dry, as a snack...

I remember when my daughter asked me one day if she could take a package of it to school...I said, 'But it's dry!' and she said, 'That's how we eat it!  We break the noodles and dip them in the sauce mix!'... :o

Written By: agoraphobicwhacko on 07/13/06 at 3:37 pm

Ramen noodles aren't very appealing anymore. Although I loved them as a kid. There was another brand of these(forgot the name), and each pack had 3 different seasoning packets, along with a packet of soy sauce. Best ramen noodles ever. My aunt used to buy them all the time, and she added hamburger meat to it. It was scrumptious. I don't think this brand is around anymore.

Written By: 80sforever on 07/13/06 at 5:30 pm

Chicken Soup!! I never use the packets in it but you could try it  :)

Written By: twistedwarp on 07/13/06 at 9:10 pm

Beef flavor with  eggs. Im broke right now so I eat these everyday. Im getting kinda sick of it though.

Written By: Gis on 07/14/06 at 2:58 am

Sounds like what we in the u.k call Super Noodles ! i can't say I've ever eaten them myself, I don't know why I do like noodles.......

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 07/14/06 at 7:08 am

Ahhh... so that is what "Ramen" is. What we call "Noodles" in New Zealand and many other commonwealth countries.

Can't say I'm a huge fan on them, but when you've gotta eat, you've gotta eat... and noodles are a cheap easy snack.

Written By: Dominic L. on 07/14/06 at 10:11 am

Ha, I like the spicy lime shrimp one.

Written By: Abix on 09/03/06 at 12:48 am

Yet another good thing about this delicacy is that you can buy twenty of them for around a buck...

I recall times past where I lived on this stuff... :-[

I lived on ramen noodles when I was in nursing school. That and Taco Bell.

Written By: twistedwarp on 09/29/06 at 7:43 am

chicken noodle soup with soda on the side! ;D ;D

Written By: Andria on 11/05/08 at 11:41 pm

Here is a good way to eat Top Ramen: Prepared as per directions, but with soy sauce, salt, pepper and (this is optional, although I do this all the time) your favorite brand of hot-pepper sauce (mine is Frank's Red Hot, IMHO, Tabasco is overrated) :P

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 11/06/08 at 2:01 am

I like chicken flavor but lately I'm digging oriental flavor and i don't add anything. I break the dry noodles into about 4-5 pieces before I put it in the water and then I cook it per directions and let it sit in the broth for at least 15 min and then the noodles soak up almost all the broth. they get a bit fatter, and then I eat them with chopsticks.

Written By: 2kidsami on 11/06/08 at 7:15 am

Chicken Soup!! I never use the packets in it but you could try it  :)
I have a chinese chicken noodle soup that calls for Ramen noodles - it is divine when you have a cold (especially if you use the spicy chicken) it will cut through the most serious congested sinus and you can taste it.  My kids demand my "homemade" chicken noodle soup when they are sick..  I boil a chicken and start from scratchm but add the ramen for the noodles, it also has soy sauce, cooking sherry, ginger and sugar (and carrots and onions) with the flavor packet.

Written By: ninny on 11/06/08 at 8:24 am

My family likes the chicken flavor the best,I prefer the shrimp myself. I use to make the noodles as a side dish,but the other day Tim said that he is getting sick of them,so we are taking a break from them (or at least take a break from feeding them to him,Missy & I will eat some ;))

Written By: greenjello74 on 11/07/08 at 7:28 pm

drained With butter... yummy

Written By: coqueta83 on 11/07/08 at 8:24 pm

I still love to eat Ramen noodles, and always keep a few packages in my pantry. It's great on a cold day, but for some reason I like eating them dry right out of the package!  :-[  ;D

Check for new replies or respond here...