inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Diners

Written By: velvetoneo on 07/10/06 at 11:05 am

Who here is a big fan of diners? I always get a Greek Omelette.

Subject: Re: Diners

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 07/10/06 at 11:11 am

Who here is a big fan of diners? I always get a Greek Omelette.

Diners are....awesome! I've always wanted to own one. It's not so much the food that they serve...but it's more the nostalgic factor that attracts me to them.  I love taking drives along Rt. 66 or Rt. 30 and looking at diners along the road...they are quite an asset to all of the roadside attractions.

Written By: Southern Image on 07/10/06 at 1:58 pm

I always get pancakes  :D

Written By: Tanya1976 on 07/10/06 at 2:31 pm

If you can find a good one, it's great. I like breakfast from diners.

Written By: agoraphobicwhacko on 07/13/06 at 3:33 pm

Back in the mid 90's on a trip from CA to MO, I ate the best omelette I've ever had at a diner in Arizona. It was chili and cheese. Not only did it have chili and cheese on the inside, it was also smothered in it. Delicous. I looked for this diner on later trips but never found it again. Probably went out of business. :-X

Written By: lorac61469 on 07/14/06 at 11:28 am

Heck, there aren't any real diners around here.  I usually get Falafel when I go to one in NY.

Written By: DJ Midas on 07/17/06 at 9:33 pm

I always get pancakes  :D

I bet you haves a friend on dis board :D

I likes diners too.  Burgers & shakes, serve 'em up!

Back in the mid 90's on a trip from CA to MO, I ate the best omelette I've ever had at a diner in Arizona. It was chili and cheese. Not only did it have chili and cheese on the inside, it was also smothered in it. Delicous. I looked for this diner on later trips but never found it again. Probably went out of business. :-X

Sounds good.  I wouldn't know it offhand.  I usually hit up the shiny 5th & Diners here in the Valley.  There used to be a Mel's Diner (a la the sitcom Alice) just outside of Phoenix off US 60.  No joke.

Written By: Southern Image on 07/21/06 at 10:50 am

I bet you haves a friend on dis board :D

I likes diners too.  Burgers & shakes, serve 'em up!

Sounds good.  I wouldn't know it offhand.  I usually hit up the shiny 5th & Diners here in the Valley.  There used to be a Mel's Diner (a la the sitcom Alice) just outside of Phoenix off US 60.  No joke.

Where is dat pancake person at??

We usually stop at a 50's diner called Peggy Sue's on the way to Vegas. Everything on the menu is named after a famous person.

Written By: Rice_Cube on 07/21/06 at 11:50 am

My friends and I used to go the Mel's Diner a lot in Berkeley.  They're more of a chain but still have a great retro feel.

Written By: Gis on 08/04/06 at 3:01 am

I love them, I wish we had more in the U.K.

There used to be one down a little back street in London that I used to go to when I had been there for a night out. I loved drinking milkshake and maybe having a tuna melt at 1am.
I remember one place we went to when I was backpacking around America. They did a gorgeous cheese and mushroom omelette with fries and bizarrely toast. We took the toast home with a tub of jelly and had it cold for our breakfast the next day! 

Written By: AmandaSparks on 08/04/06 at 10:44 am

I do love diner food esp.after being out drinking. I went to one in NOLA called the Clover Grill; the cooks would all dance and sing to the jukebox whie they worked. Wonder if its still there?

Subject: Diners

Written By: Dude111 on 11/04/20 at 7:44 am

There is a diner in my area I used to goto that had delicious GOULASH on wednesdays and mac and cheese on fridays..... Now its all crap there sadly...........

Another diner made huge open face turkey dinners.... I mean when you ordered an open faced turkey sandwich,alot came with it!!!!

Man oh man.....

Written By: Howard on 11/04/20 at 3:05 pm

When we go to diners I always order a hamburger with crispy fries and a pickle.

Check for new replies or respond here...